PDA

View Full Version : mikey d's adventures in flying

Dijon04
05-29-2006, 08:44 PM
okay so today was the big day....mikey flew on his first airplane ride. we didnt have any problems getting him on the plane. here i thought they would meausre his carrier and give me a hard time that it wasnt really regulation sized (2" higher) but they didnt. we flew from san antonio to dfw. and its only a 45 minute flight but somewhere in that 45 minutes he decides to chew a hole through the mesh of the carrier. which means that we have to shove magazine though the hole so he doesnt escape at 30,000 feet. we transfer in dwf to another terminal...of course it cant be the same terminal that would be way too easy. on the way we stop and get him some benadryl because a drugged wiener is a happy wiener. aside from some wimpering and an occasional bark he made it through that leg of the flight okay. i'm thinking i complained more than he did (I HATE FLYING) well hopefully he'll adjust to his new home okay....he's sitting on the carpet eating his kong. no airplane pictures but i'll take some of him in his new home...

Lisa
05-29-2006, 08:49 PM
Welcome to your home Mikey D! Glad everything went well, can't wait for the pictures. :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

K2
05-29-2006, 08:52 PM
Yay!!! :banana: He is now a seasoned flyer!!! :welcome2: Mickey D!!!

Tex
05-30-2006, 07:56 AM
OOOHHHHH, more info. on the flying please......John's parents live in Maryland and we want to go visit this winter.....but not without the puppers. Any additional info. on the flight stuff would be welcome. Glad you made it there ok!

Yolanda
05-30-2006, 08:06 AM
Good news to here Micky D is home with you in VA. I hope to get to meet him soon at a meetup. :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

catstamm
05-30-2006, 09:11 AM
Congradulations on your new home!!!!:cheer2: :cheer2:

Jen
05-30-2006, 09:37 AM
Glad it all went so well, despite the little hole in the carrier! Welcome to your new home! We can't wait to see pics!

Dijon04
05-30-2006, 07:52 PM
well i had to call the airline ahead of time to make sure I could bring him on the plane....American Airlines....make sure to check ahead of time because some dont allow dogs on the plane. the cost is $80 and that is paid when you check in at the ticket counter...no eticket quickie method that way. the ticket guy didnt even look at my dog or check the carrier he just made me pay the $80.

then i went through security i had to get him out of the carrier which was fine (getting him back in was not a picnic) he had to be out because the carrier had to go through security....we went through and just waited at the gate....he finally got on the plane....

when we transferred planes he just got right back on....

Patt
05-30-2006, 10:17 PM
I'm glad it was a good flight. I've heard that complaint before, you try really hard to make sure that your papers are in order and the dog carrier bag is the right size according to the the Airline rules and then they don't bother to check. Oh well... the important thing is you both arrived safe and sound.

Congrats on your new home. :cheer2: :cheer2:

Bella's Mom
06-02-2006, 02:26 PM
Way to go Mikey D!