PDA

View Full Version : Harold died tonight

laura
05-31-2006, 12:59 AM
No words to describe how devastated I am now. My heart is broken, my spirit is crushed.

Courtney
05-31-2006, 01:06 AM
Oh, Laura, we are crying with you. My heart is broken too. He has the sweetest angelic face. I am so sorry. :angel7: :angel7: :angel7: :candle: :candle:

mydachsies
05-31-2006, 01:08 AM
I am so sad just seeing this post!:sad2: Sending you a :hug99: and I will :candle2: for him and you.Now he suffers no more.I know this must be so hard on you.Gosh,I don't even know what to say...:sosad: :candle3: Your in my thoughts and :pray:

Helen
05-31-2006, 01:09 AM
I am so sorry. :candle: :candle: :candle:

samandissy
05-31-2006, 01:11 AM
I am so very sorry to hear about sweet Harold. I was hoping he would improve, bless his heart and bless your heart for loving him and giving him a loving home. Prayers for you and Harold:pray: :bigrayz: :pray: :bigrayz:

Linus
05-31-2006, 01:15 AM
Oh Laura, I am so sorry to hear that. My thoughts and prayers are with you and the rest of your family! :hug99:

Fluffy
05-31-2006, 01:17 AM
Oh Laura I am so sorry. I don't even have words right now so just know that you are in my thoughts and :pray:ers. :bighug: God speed to the Bridge's newest :angel7:

Patt
05-31-2006, 01:33 AM
I am so sorry for your loss. A :candle3: is lit for Harold to show him the way to the bridge. :pray:

Rafi
05-31-2006, 03:16 AM
This is a very sad news, I was praying for his quick recovery. All I can is that I'm sorry and both of you will be in my. :pray:

Red Haired Girl
05-31-2006, 05:22 AM
I am so very sorry. I wish I were there to give you a hug. He was the sweetest pup. He will live on forever in your heart and for those of us that never met him in person, in the wonderful book you have written. :sad1: :candle3:

K2
05-31-2006, 05:26 AM
I am so sorry!! :hug99: I will light a candle and say a special prayer for Harold. :angel7:

Alex's Mom
05-31-2006, 05:32 AM
Oh Laura, I'm so very very sorry to hear this, I'm in tears. I was praying that he'd pull through this. A huge :hug99: for you and DH, Alex and I will be lighting a candle for Harold. He had such a terrific life with you and thanks to your book, will be remembered by so many people. He'll be there waiting for you when the time comes. "Second star to the right, straight on until morning."

Lisa
05-31-2006, 06:07 AM
Laura, I just woke up to this news and there are no words. I am truly overcome with grief and I can't image your pain.

Harold will always hold a special place in my heart too. My deepest sympathies to you and your family.

:candle2: :candle3: :candle2: :candle3:

Tex
05-31-2006, 07:20 AM
Must stop reading the DLC at work......I just found this thread and can't stop crying. I'm so sorry for your loss......your in our prayers.:pray: :candle2: :angel7: :candle2:

Sophie and Lili's Mom
05-31-2006, 07:57 AM
Oh hon. I am so sorry. I have lost a dog to heart problems and I know how it hurt me so I have some idea of what you are going through. Just remember...he loved you and you did your best for him!

Yolanda
05-31-2006, 08:01 AM
Dear Laura,

I am so sorry to read you lost Harold. I am sure most of us have felt your pain and grief. I know I have. Harold will always hold a special place in your heart smile everytime you think about his love for you.

Jill
05-31-2006, 08:02 AM
I am so sorry for your loss. A candle is lit here in Harold's honor to help him find his way to the Bridge.:hug99:

katierose ballerina toes
05-31-2006, 08:10 AM
so sorry to hear about your sweet baby.our wishes for a very soft landing harold,god speed little man.you'll be in our prayers-monica and katierose

areese
05-31-2006, 08:25 AM
I am so sorry, Laura.

HotDogMama
05-31-2006, 08:34 AM
Laura I am sorry to hear of Harold's passing, such devestating news. I really am shocked, we are here when you need us.....

Da Brat
05-31-2006, 09:06 AM
Oh, Laura, I'm so sorry hun! Mom just called me and told me the news!! :sosad: I am just beside myself right now! You are definitely in my thoughts and prayers!!

quavec
05-31-2006, 09:06 AM
Oh Laura, I am so sorry for you loss. I have no words except that he is with the :angel7: now and pain free.

Mama S.
05-31-2006, 09:09 AM
Oh Laura, I do not know what to say. I am broken hearted. I had so hoped for his recovery.
Please know how grateful I am to you for introducing me to Harold and his brother through your wonderful writing. Harold may be gone from site but he will live on forever in my memories with many belly laughs.
I wish I was close to wrap you in the warmth of a DLC hug and show you how much we all care.
Off to grab my kleenex box, my tenants are wondering what is wrong and why is Mama crying...
All my love to you
Mama

catstamm
05-31-2006, 09:23 AM
Oh Laura I so did not want to see this post......my heart breaks for you :hug99: I know you must be devested, my thoughts will be for healing and a candle willl be lite for Harold :angel7: I am so sorry.....:pray:

LUVMYGUNNER
05-31-2006, 09:24 AM
So sorry to hear this here are some hugs:hug99: :hug99: :hug99: and prayers:pray: :pray: :pray: for you. He had a wonderful life with you.

Rae
05-31-2006, 09:38 AM
Oh Laura.. I am so very sorry to hear that awful news. Poor Harold, and poor you. I can't imagine seeing such a fall and not telling someone, but kids of anti-animal parents sometimes don't know any better.

I am so sorry for your loss, and please know that we are here for you and we love you.

AgileOllie
05-31-2006, 09:41 AM
Oh Laura- I'm crying with you. Please think of Harold
being met by my Sebastian at the bridge. He is so happy and free right now.
I'm sorry for your pain. I really am.:hug99:

No words to describe how devastated I am now. My heart is broken, my spirit is crushed.

Jen
05-31-2006, 09:50 AM
I am so sorry to hear of Harold's passing Laura. He will be missed by all that loved him--even those of us who only know of his life and adventures through your book. :hug99: :hug99: :hug99: :hug99: :hug99:

Chris
05-31-2006, 12:44 PM
WHAT??!?!??! :sosad:

Laura, I am very very sorry. I was really hoping that it was just a little cold that Harold had, and really was taking it for granted/expecting that I would not be reading this for a long time to come. Even though I never was lucky enough to meet him in person, I feel as if one of the dog that is a family member has died.

Jen
05-31-2006, 12:51 PM
For those who missed it, Laura had posted about Harold's accident last night. You can read about it here (http://doxielovers.com/dlc/showthread.php?t=5247\).

lotsadox
05-31-2006, 12:57 PM
Oh, Laura, I'm so sorry. I know you are devastated. You'll be my thoughts and :pray: :pray: Remember, your Harold :angel7: is waiting for you at the Bridge where he's healthy and running free.

lizzieb38
05-31-2006, 01:18 PM
I am so sorry for your loss.:hug99: :hearts: for you.:candle3: :candle3: have been lit for Harold.

Frzframe
05-31-2006, 01:43 PM
I am so sorry for your loss. :hug99:

Michelle
05-31-2006, 01:55 PM
OH Laura, I just saw this now,,
I am so so so so sorry for your loss.. :hug99: :hug99: :hug99:
I am :sad3: :sad3: :sad3: my eyes out right now,
After reading your book a million times, I feel as if I know Harold Personally,
I'm so sorry.. He lived a great long life with you and I am sure you are so proud of Harold and what a great dog he was :hug99:

Goob
05-31-2006, 02:53 PM
Oh Laura, I'm so, so sorry.

Jen
05-31-2006, 03:10 PM
I heard from Laura and she has been reading our posts, and is deeply thankful for the support and sympathy. She is in shock and pain, but will be back once she's had some time to deal with her terrible loss. We will miss her, but we all understand the need for some time and space to deal with the void left in her life with the passing of sweet Harold.

Michelle
05-31-2006, 03:35 PM
I heard from Laura and she has been reading our posts, and is deeply thankful for the support and sympathy. She is in shock and pain, but will be back once she's had some time to deal with her terrible loss. We will miss her, but we all understand the need for some time and space to deal with the void left in her life with the passing of sweet Harold.

Thanks Jen for the update, I am just crushed,,, her book just made him so,, I don't know how to describe it, I guess I feel like I have known him forever, and I am still choked up over it,, I think if I go back and read the book again, I am going to be balling my eyes out again,,

I can feel her pain, when my two poodles were put to sleep at 16 and 17yrs old, it took me a very long time to get over it,,,

Thanks for keeping us posted,, tell her we love her!!!!! and we are crying with her too....

JanUet
05-31-2006, 04:08 PM
Laura :hug99:

My deepest sympathies go to you, your husband and all your other Furkids.
I just finsihed reading your book last Sunday evening for the 4th time.
I felt as If i knew Harold and the crew for years.

Please know that Harold KNEW you loved him :hearts:
You resuced him from a very bad place. Gave him your home, your heart and soul.

He is Running Pain free at the Bridge with all the DLC :angel7: that passed before him.

Casey, Sophie and I will lit a :candle: for Harold tonight.

We all :love5: you and share your pain :hearts: :hearts:

God Speed Little Marble Man---God Speed

oceangirls
05-31-2006, 04:22 PM
Sweetie, I am so very sorry. We DO understand how devastated you are and how much you loved him. Take care of yourself and feel free to just hang out, or talk about him or whatever.

I lost my sweet Tristan 3 years ago this week. I remember not knowing how I was going to function in the world without him. It's so hard to lose them.

alfina
05-31-2006, 05:38 PM
I am sorry I am late. I just saw this post. I am so so very sorry fo your loss. It is never easy to loose your companion. I was hoping to read a different update. So very sorry Laura. I feel your pain.

Anatresia
05-31-2006, 08:39 PM
Laura- I am so, so sorry to read this. I did not see the post about his illness/fall until now, so I am apologizing for not sending rayz sooner.

:bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for you and your family in this very sad time. :hug99:

Addie Cat
05-31-2006, 08:55 PM
I'm very sorry to here about your loss....I cant even imagine....my thoughts are with you....:angel7:

AnnMarieK
05-31-2006, 11:31 PM
I am so very sorry for your loss...we are never able to keep our furbabies long enough. I know he's waiting for you by the Bridge...happy & healthy again.

Chrystyna
06-01-2006, 02:27 PM
My thoughts and prayers are with you and Harold! I can't imagine what you are going through. Be strong...the bridge awaits you and you'll get to hold him in your arms again.