PDA

View Full Version : Drumroll please--for the FIRST time, Tasha PEED in the apt!

Jen
06-02-2006, 10:23 AM
We had one helluva storm last night. Over an HOUR of thunder and lightning. Tasha started off under the couch, then next to DH on the couch with his arm on her, just light pressure no petting. That worked pretty well and when things died down a bit he took her on walkies about 9pm. I wanted to wait as it was raining pretty hard and still some flashes of lightning.

They were gone so long I was worried she bolted or something as I was still hearing thunder. Finally they came back, a frustrated and wet DH. Tasha wouldn't go. He set her down at the top of the stairs and she tried to run down the landing area along the top of the stairs (about 6 ft long, lino, we use it for storage) but he nudged her inside. I went hmmmm :scratch: I think she was gonna go pee there. He said, no, she didn't go outside.

We tried Tasha off and she went in the bathroom--we thought to hide for the storms. An hour later I went in to use it and the bathmat had a big wet spot. Hmmm, we didn't shower last night. :scratch: I had DH put a papertowel down to absorb some--uh huh, dog pee! In two years this is the first time she ever did it on purpose (once when we first got her she kind of got excited playing, but I swear that one was not intentional). DH was not amused, but hey, she went and didn't hold it till morning, that's something.

As a side note, we both got a dog drool shower last night. During the storm when we were on the couch with DH on one side of her and me of the other, Tasha's panicked panting sprayed spit everywhere. I put down towels but it was still a very wet couch and wet humans. Ack.

lizzieb38
06-02-2006, 10:27 AM
poor little sweetheart. Hey sometimes the thunder scares the piss out of me too:rotfl: I see on the weather channel that many of you have been having terrible storms. Hope you are all okay.

quavec
06-02-2006, 10:30 AM
:ditto: that you are all okay. On a positive note, she peed in the BATHROOM, on a washable bath mat, right?

Jen
06-02-2006, 10:35 AM
Yup, though a puddle on the floor would have been easier to wipe up, the bathmat is easily laundered.

Lisa
06-02-2006, 10:54 AM
I truly don't think it was intentional, I think she was truly scared and had to go but fear kept her from going outside. If she were mad at you or acting out, I think she would have peed right in front of you.

Pixel pooped in the house that day we were having severe storms and a tornado watch - he has NEVER done that, unfortunately, it was on air grate, and in the air grate, and through the air grate...ewwwwww!!

Poor Tasha, I really feel for her - I am going though it too, so you're not suffering alone Jen.

:hug99: :hug99: :hug99: to you and Tasha baby.

Rae
06-02-2006, 11:04 AM
Tasha dis is Duchie. I no you not mean to pee on da rug, and I unnerstand why you no pee outside. My dum mommy tinks I will potty outside when the poison drops are coming down but I not do it. Mite get my tu tu wet...

And dat fwashy stuff in da sky? no tank you.

I glad you made it tru da funder an hope you no hab it no more. I git skeered too an dere is no shame in dat.

Its big and loud and fwashy and skeery.

Michelle
06-02-2006, 11:31 AM
Oh Poor little girl,, she was just afraid of the storm,, but hey at least she peed in the bathroom!!

Princess did that once as a puppy, she took one look at the rain outside and promptly ran up into the bathroom and pooped right on the floor!!

I think she knew at least going in the bathroom wouldn't be so bad,,

I think the thunder and lightening outside was just too much for her and she was afraid to pee.

Poor Tasha

Jen
06-02-2006, 11:38 AM
We're due for more thunderstorms today and tomorrow. Its gonna be a long summer....

And no, I totally don't blame Tasha for peeing in the apt. It was not nice outside!

Patt
06-02-2006, 12:17 PM
Poor Tasha, this was really hard on her and I an sure her peeing embarrassed her, she really couldn't help it.
I hear you on this one. I had a Nor. Elkhound that freaked out and could not handle storms at all and almost went through a window. I finally had to use tranquilizers, perhaps you might consider the same. I know you are not really in favor of sedatives but a mild one might be the answer. Also you might consider the anxiety wrap but it sounds like that might not faze her at all. Good luck.

Tex
06-02-2006, 01:12 PM
Oh, poor Tasha....atleast she had good reason for going in the apt. Jax decided he liked peeing on the bathroom rugs. He got so bad we had to keep the bathroom door closed!!! But atleast they wash!!!

K2
06-02-2006, 02:14 PM
Poor Tasha!!! :hug99: Pippit won't go potty in the rain. I started walking him and letting him walk under the overhanging windows of my building. He will usually do his business there. But if I don't do that~he won't go for hours and hours. Poor Tasha!!

Jen
06-02-2006, 02:27 PM
That's why its so weird Karen. Tasha is miss bladder of steel, has held it over 24 hours. And we'd taken her out at 6 before the rain started, it had only been 3 hours. Very odd. I don't think its a UTI, I think its a fear response...

Da Brat
06-02-2006, 02:39 PM
Poor Tash!! Her skeered of da bad stormies!!

Hope she's feeling better today and that ya'll are seeing better weather!!

Bella's Mom
06-02-2006, 02:41 PM
Poor Tasha! The storm must've really gotten to her! :hug99:

areese
06-02-2006, 06:46 PM
Hey deer Tasha,
one time it thundered here and da fwashy stuff was goin on and on and I hadda pee on a pillow. I couldn't hewp it...dat thunder is WAY too scawy fo me. Nobuddy was mad at me....
don worry aboudit.
love,
Owen