PDA

View Full Version : Rigby VS. the C. A. Squirrel and family

Anatresia
06-03-2006, 11:45 PM
I've told you about CAS (the crazy a** squirrel who torments Rigby). Well, his buddies have taken up residence in the tree outside of my inlaws' house. The inlaws have a sunporch with a little ottoman that the dogs like to stand on and stare out the window to supervise the neighborhood. (You can see where this is going.)

So, tonight, we were all hanging out on the sunporch when CAS and family start eating twirly-birds (the maple leaf seeds- also called "helicopters" around here) and climbing up and down, up and down- maybe building up their nest (do squirrels have nests?)

Rigby SCREAMED (I mean bloody murder!) cried, barked, shook, trembled, stared- pretty much any intense Rigby reaction you can think of- for about an hour watching the activity. :mad2: :sad2::wtf2: :hissy:The squirrels would just stop, look at her, and keep going.:mad4: It was so funny! :rotfl:

At first, she tried to use the screen on the window like her screened doggie door and threw herself at it headfirst to get out, but it's a WINDOW, so she just kind of bounced off. (She was okay, or it wouldn't have been funny!) Then she kept begging Granpa to take her outside. He obliged- he can't help it (look at her!) and she was able to chase them up the tree. As soon as she got back inside, they began their up and down work again and she couldn't stand it. Finally we had to take her inside the house because she just refused to chill!:rotfl:

lizzieb38
06-03-2006, 11:58 PM
Gosh your trees are sending out the whirlie seeds already? We have elm trees that get wierd little seeds that look almost like bug wings,cuz they're hooked together. If you seperate them and let em drop the swirl/whirle to the ground. And yes, squirrlie whirlies:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: do make nests. They're those wierd little wads of leaves in your trees. Hope the little sweetie has calmed down.

HotDogMama
06-04-2006, 01:54 AM
Poor Rigby, you'll get that CAS someday!!!!!

Jen
06-04-2006, 12:25 PM
Such a mean CAS! Squirrels do nest but I'm not sure at what time of year. Someday Miss Rigby will get her a mouthful of CAS!

Tex
06-05-2006, 10:42 AM
Poor Rigby, shame on those CAS squirrels for tormenting our little girl!!!!!!!!!!!

Laurie' s Dachshunds
06-05-2006, 11:25 AM
Bad CAS!!! I' ll send my pack up there to help her chase 'em away!!!
We' ll teach 'em for driving poor Rigby crazy!!!!

My Maple tree has sent down those whirly seeds a while back, a month ago,
and little seedlings are coming up everywhere!

Frzframe
06-05-2006, 11:25 AM
I have some of those CAS that like to drive Dudley and Boomer crazy too. Mine like to sit on top of the fence and look down at the dogs or they jump from the garage or house onto a tree and then come down the tree and tease the dogs. :rolleyes:

Da Brat
06-05-2006, 11:42 AM
STOOPID SQUIRREL!! They just don't know what's comin' to em do they?!?

I let the cats sit in front of one of our screen doors in a rocking chair (yes they are spoiled...) Well there is a bird feeder hanging almost directly in front of the door (kitty TV) and the cats love it!! bandit will yell at me all morning until I open the door and put his chair up for him. Well yesterday I opened the door and set everything up, then I went into the bathroom to brush my teeth. Well I hear this crazy rocus from the living room so I run in (there's a small hole at the top of our screen and I thought the cats finally figured out it was there) and lo and behold there is a squirrel hanging upside down on the screen looking at the cats... :shocked: And the boys were going nuts!! The squirrel jumped off the screen as soon as it spotted me. But I was so glad that stupid thing didn't find that hole and get in the house! That would have been REAL BAD!!

Bella's Mom
06-05-2006, 02:03 PM
What a hilarious story!! That is so funny! :rotfl: :rotfl:

laura
06-05-2006, 02:10 PM
Squirrels drive Herman crazy too! I actually have a squirrel story for my next book that you won't belive! but yours is a good one too!