PDA

View Full Version : Juney and Trixie's vet visit

JuneyTrixie
06-05-2006, 11:54 PM
Juney and Trixie met their new vet today. He was really nice. Juney and Trixie had their heartworm blood test done today and got their heartworm refills and Frontline tick and flea stuff.

What made me really happy was that the technician told me that Juney and Trixie were very well socialized and extremely happy dogs. She said that all the dachshunds that come in are not as healthy as Juney and Trixie and also were not sociable. They were timid and would hide. I suggested that they might have been scared of coming to a vet office, but she said that was not the kind of behavior they were exhibiting. I then told her that I had gotten Juney and Trixie from a show breeder that bred her dogs for conformation, temperament and health. She said it showed. This made me feel really good. :)

We also talked about how so many people "throw away" their dogs. She said that it is really bad here.

Linus
06-06-2006, 12:02 AM
Way to go for having the best looking doxies in the area!!! :cheer2: :cheer2: Now that just means that you have to share more pictures with us!!

Tex
06-06-2006, 08:39 AM
Glad to hear they were a hit at the vet.....hope mine behave as well as yours at their next vet appoinment!!

Jen
06-06-2006, 09:24 AM
Wow, healthy and well adjusted! :woohoo:

Tasha is one of those 'fraidy dogs and though we make slow progress, I know she'll never be well adjusted since her first owners didn't bother to socialize her. You did a great job with the girls!! Well done!

catstamm
06-06-2006, 10:05 AM
You gotta love it....congratulations!!! :hula1:

Bella's Mom
06-06-2006, 01:15 PM
Now that's the kind of vet visits we like to hear about! Glad to know the puppers are happy and healthy! :banana:

Patt
06-07-2006, 03:14 AM
:woohoo: I'm happy they are doing well. You have done a great job raising them. :appl: