PDA

View Full Version : Tasha's run in with CA Squirrel's Brooklyn cousin

Jen
06-06-2006, 10:16 AM
DH took Tasha for her 6 pm walkies last night and came home with a good story.

They were walking along when they came across a squirrel chasing a pigeon (this still remains a mystery--it didn't have food or anything). Tasha took a look, went for the squirrel--and it didn't MOVE. She got within munching distance before DH pulled her away. It just sat on the bottom stair of a brownstone and looked at her. A young inexperienced one maybe???

Tex
06-06-2006, 10:22 AM
Ok, you gotta start sending Tasha on walkies with camera....I can see this one now. The headline would be "Ignorant squirrel attacked by innocent-looking dachshund....story at 10". Wonder if the squirrels have a group like we do? Maybe they could educate the little guy.:scratch:

K2
06-06-2006, 10:29 AM
:wow: Tasha almost had a pigeon dinner!! I think the squirrel was playing chicken with her~just to see who would back off first. :rotfl:

Alex's Mom
06-06-2006, 10:38 AM
Maybe he was a little gangsta squirrel?? "c'mon, ya long-backed little squirt...I can take ya, I can!!!" :rotfl: I mean, he already was going after the poor innocent little pigeon....:rolleyes:

Courtney
06-06-2006, 11:55 AM
I think some squirrels have a death wish. Some in our yard get pretty darn close. If only Thor was a little faster....

Jen
06-06-2006, 11:58 AM
I kind of worry that Tasha WILL catch one. Rich's grandparents had a doxie who caught a squirrel--and when they tried to call the dog off (distracted it) the squirrel bit thru poor Willy's nose!!

quavec
06-06-2006, 11:59 AM
Some of those squirrels just aren't smart, are they? :duh:

Da Brat
06-06-2006, 12:01 PM
ACK! Crazy squirrels are everywhere! It might have had rabies or something...
I always worried about that when Max (my cat) would catch chipmunks! He's vacinated and all, but you never know what's out there!!

Lisa
06-06-2006, 12:03 PM
Not a very bright squirrel, I wonder if he / she is okay? I am glad your hubby pulled her back, that would have been messy - eww!!

Bella's Mom
06-06-2006, 01:10 PM
Or perhaps a tough New Yorker squirrel?? :D