PDA

View Full Version : sleep over adventure with POGO.

Rafi
06-11-2006, 11:23 AM
About 4 years ago or so when Pogo was only 1 year old, we took a trip to Lisa's Uncles house. Since it was in Windsor, Ontario which borders Detroit, Michigan, it was a 4-5 hour drive, and so we planned to stay over night. Pogo had tons of fun playing with Gorby that day, a Jack Russell mix, and finally later that evening it was time for bed time.

So we got a room in the basement, Lisa slept on the day bed/couch and I lay on the floor on an inflatable bed, Pogo was all excited and would run back and forth to Lisa and I. So finally we told Pogo it was time for bed and we put him inside his crate and being such a good boy we left the crate door open.

Morning arrived and I was the first to wake up, I lifted my head, still lying on the mattress, looking up I saw that Lisa was still asleep. I then looked at Pogos crate and the little bugger was not in there. Being a small room it did not take long to look around to see where he was, after a couple of looks around the room no Pogo to be found, the door to the room was locked so he could not have gone out, the day bed/couch that Lisa was sleeping on was too high for him to jump up and he wasn’t there either, at that moment I realized that there was a lump under the blanket to my right. Now when I sleep in a strange place I tend to roll around more than usual.

So I started tapping the lump to see if indeed it was Pogo, and nothing no movement. I started to get worried, so I tapped and shook some more…. nothing no movement!!! I thought to myself “OH MY GOD, I’ve accidentally squished him in my sleep”, looking back up at Lisa, I started to think what am I going to tell her? “Good Morning Lisa, I smothered Pogo”, that was not an acceptable scenario, so after few more shakes and taps I was convinced he was a goner.

I took a deep breath and started to lift the blanket to confirm my fears, by this time the sun had risen and was shining inside the room, as I lifted the blanket the sunshine illuminated underneath the blanket and I could see the cutest pair of almond eyes staring back at me. PHEW!!! Relief the little ******* is alive!!! What a scare.

If he had only moved or wiggled when I tapped and shook him earlier. So I pulled him out from under the blanket and gave him hugs and kisses and after a while it was time to wake up mommy so I helped him onto the day bed/couch at which point Pogo proceeded to lick mommy’s face and wake her up.

Anatresia
06-11-2006, 11:27 AM
That would be scary!!!

Mr. Butters gets into Zombie Sleep mode sometimes- he gets to the point where we CAN'T wake him up- and that is the scariest feeling!!

Fortunately, I think he's too fat for me to squish!

Tanya
06-11-2006, 11:32 AM
That was such a cute story! :hearts: :angel7: :hearts:

JanUet
06-11-2006, 11:33 AM
Whew! What a story! :shocked:

I sleep with Casey and Sophie on my bed. I used to toss and turn around alot at night.
I get a soft growl or the LQQK If i do it too much! :rotfl:

I'm thinking about getting a bigger bed....not for me....but for them! :lol:

lotsadox
06-11-2006, 11:38 AM
Wow, what a sound sleeper! Must have been a real scare for you. Glad everything turned out all right! :cheer2: :cheer2:

Frzframe
06-11-2006, 12:09 PM
I bet he was thinking "UT-OH I must not move cause then daddy WILL know I was a bad boy. I must be super still and he won't know it's me." Then he thought "UT-OH BUSTED!!" when you lifted the blanket to reveal him. :rotfl:

Tex
06-11-2006, 12:25 PM
That was a cute story...glad everything worked out for the best!!!!!

Laurie' s Dachshunds
06-11-2006, 12:41 PM
Awwww! what a sweet story! :hearts: :hearts:
I have 1 that sleeps like a log too!

oceangirls
06-11-2006, 12:49 PM
very cute story... now I am wondering if this is the first time Mommy is hearing it? :scratch:

alfina
06-11-2006, 01:12 PM
It happened to me too. I was so sure that I smothered Sofie one morning, my heart was going probably 300 beats a min.

Goob
06-11-2006, 03:40 PM
Aweee what a cute story!!!! :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

Jen
06-12-2006, 11:02 AM
Whew, what a scare. Glad it ended well!

I only nap with Tasha, and I don't think I could accidentally roll on her as she'd kick me! She needs her space and will use those paws to get it!

Lee Anne
06-12-2006, 11:15 AM
Whew! How scary! That happened when Rowdie was about 12 weeks old. We were camping and I woke in the middle of the night and she was SOOO dead asleep and half under my hubby's big 'ole head, I was convinced he had smothered her.... Aaaaack! Talk about a heart stopper! I think they're laughing inside when they see the panic on our faces...

laura
06-12-2006, 11:32 AM
I always wonder how they breath under there. herman can have so many layers on top of him that I don't see how any oxygen get in there!Scares me too, as it seems like they would just suffocate!