PDA

View Full Version : Two more places I can take my crew

alfina
06-11-2006, 06:37 PM
I had to go and buy a mat for Sofie's obedience class ( we are learning "place". So, I thought I should let Sofie pick her own mat. I walked in Bed Bath and Beyond with her trotting on a leash. I picked her up and the shift manager got a cart out of the stack for me. I was like "Woohoo!! We didn't get kicked out!"
We got a rug and cashiers couldn't stop awwing over Sofie.

Then I thought why not try another store. Ross is right next door and I wanted to see what doggie beds they have. I walked in with Sofie and nobody cared. We bought another mat for Sabrina's training. Something new for her to learn.

So, I added 2 of those stores to my list of dogs allowed places.

And if you are wondering why Sabrina got a discounted mat, she has not been a good girl recently. We had 3 incidents of her starting a fight with Sofie. So, she is banned from the big bed and has to work for anything she gets now.

Lisa
06-11-2006, 07:53 PM
Oh that is very cool!! I am glad they didn't say anything. We brought Pixel into Zellers (just like Target) with us, and even though they have a big sign on the door, nobody said anything. I usually leave the boys at home when I go out, but if one happens to be with me because of a vet trip and I need to go to the store, I just bring them in with me.

oceangirls
06-11-2006, 10:38 PM
I figure if they have no sign, then they are welcome to go in! Even when they do have a sign, like Lisa's experience - if your pup is good (and small), I don't think they usually care... unless it is the day they are being inspected :lol:

I'm sorry you're having Sabrina problems :(

alfina
06-11-2006, 10:56 PM
Yes, having a small and cute dog helps a lot!

I did get to take Rumble to our car dealership one time. I dropped my wedding ring inside the car dash while driving, Rumble was in the car and so I drove right to the dealership. He was allowed into the lounge, got first class service ( water and cookies) and so many people wanted to meet him.

Frzframe
06-11-2006, 11:09 PM
Did you know Home Depot no longer allows pets? :(

HotDogMama
06-12-2006, 01:27 AM
Molly's daddy took her in to the post office to check the mail today, she looked so big strutting in there not a care in the world, there was noone there, but I'm sure they have cameras or something, I said "I can't believe you took her in the post office", and he said "so there's no sign", and I said "there will be Monday", :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: I did see a puppy in Office Depot one night, and a little bitty one in WalMart, I'm just a chicken I guess.

alfina
06-12-2006, 07:14 AM
I was just at Home Depot last Sunday to pick up PVC for our agility jumps and nobpdy said a word about Sofie. I even had someone cut the PVC for me and the cashiers were all nice.

Tex
06-12-2006, 07:31 AM
Our Home Depot have a sign "service dogs only".....not sure I could pull that one off. I've taken Julie &/or Jax into: Whole Earth Provisions (awsome store with learning and out-doorsy stuff), Bealls (department store), Ross, Office Depot (ours is right next to PetSmart so I bet they get alot), and the biggest surprise to me......this weekend they got to go to Amy's Icecream!!!! We were walking on the side wallk and John stepped into the video games store to check on a price for something......we were outside of the door for Amy's, just hangin' out......and one of the guys that works there actually can over, opened the door, and said "they can come in if you want!" So John got icecream (non for the puppers :sosad: ) and I would have taken pics but it was an unplanned trip so I didn't have the camera. I'm sure we'll go baack and next time I'll be prepared.:banana:

Jen
06-12-2006, 10:15 AM
Glad you have two more dog-friendly (tolerant) stores! Tasha goes into the local liquor stores with me, and the bodega once. Oh and FedEx in Manhattan. But not too many places as she gets kind of nervous (and if anyone pets her she's likely to pee :rolleyes: ).

Bella's Mom
06-13-2006, 02:04 PM
Cool! I'm too much of a scaredy cat to try taking Bella into the "iffy" places.

quavec
06-13-2006, 02:08 PM
I'll have to try calmly walking into a store and see what happens. Worse case scenario, they ask me to leave, right?

Who could resist cutie pie Sofie?

Frzframe
06-13-2006, 02:30 PM
That's what the Home Depot sign says that we go to. It also say it's a new company policy. We noticed it just a week after my mom took Lily in there to while I ran over to Best Buy.

Chris
06-13-2006, 04:11 PM
Know why HD doesn't allow dogs?. Are you ready for this? Because they serve "food". Really, its only bottled water and bottled softdrinks but they consider that food. the health dept says thats enough to exclude rthe pups.

Alex has been furniture shopping on numerous occasions. We carried him though...didn't let him walk. No one has ever kicked him out.

Dijon04
06-13-2006, 05:11 PM
i tried taking mikey d in the grocery store with me once (when he was a better behaved baby) and they said "Get THAT dog outta here!" we were both so insulted.

Patt
06-14-2006, 01:46 AM
You are lucky, none of the stores around here allow dogs.

Lee Anne
06-14-2006, 09:48 AM
I'm too much of a rule follower to try to take my dogs into stores. :sosad: Just the pet store and stores around it that have specifically invited us in. They call themselves "pet friendly businesses." :hug99: