View Full Version : changing Dookie's food

Rae
06-12-2006, 03:08 PM
HRH the Duchess of Wagoner will henceforth be on Chicken Soup Senior which scored 115 A+ on the "grade your dog's food" thread. She had been on diamond senior for old fat dogs and I think Chicken Soup will be better for her. Wish me luck- old Iron Tummy will be fine, I bet.

Jen
06-12-2006, 03:15 PM
Sending food change :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: ! Hope she likes it!

laura
06-12-2006, 03:25 PM
could I have the grade your food link again? My first radio topic is on Food! Thanks!

HotDogMama
06-12-2006, 03:26 PM
:bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: Hope you like yer new food Dookie :) I just picked up some for Molly this weekend..... did you know they have it in cans now? I got some of both :banana: :banana: :banana:

quavec
06-12-2006, 04:11 PM
Iron Tummy :bigrayz: for Ms. Dookie!

Patt
06-13-2006, 04:00 AM
Tummy :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for HRH.

Lisa
06-13-2006, 07:46 AM
I think that is an awesome food and HRH should do fantastic! Lots of food changing :bigrayz: :bigrayz: that it is an easy conversion for her.

Here is the link for you Laura: http://doxielovers.com/dlc/showthread.php?t=4715&highlight=rate

also there is the website - www.dogaware.com that has tons of great food information.

Tex
06-13-2006, 07:58 AM
could I have the grade your food link again? My first radio topic is on Food! Thanks!

Does this mean you got the radio job?? Did I miss a thread? Must.....go.....search!!!!!!!!!!!

oceangirls
06-13-2006, 11:22 AM
sounds great, Rae! - hope she enjoys it :liplick:

areese
06-13-2006, 09:24 PM
Mine eat the chicken soup adult and like it a lot. They were on Diamond before and liked that too. But with the corn in it, it made Laika's ears get yucky. She itches a lot less on the chicken soup food. Haven't noticed any other differences like in their coats or anything but since reading that rating dog food post I surely feel better knowing they are eating a quality food..

JanUet
06-13-2006, 09:52 PM
:goodluck: with the switchover for HRH Dookie :hearts: :hearts:

Let us know how it goes..........

I'm sure Ms. Irongut will be Fine! :hug99:

Rae
06-14-2006, 08:38 AM
Mine eat the chicken soup adult and like it a lot. They were on Diamond before and liked that too. But with the corn in it, it made Laika's ears get yucky. She itches a lot less on the chicken soup food. Haven't noticed any other differences like in their coats or anything but since reading that rating dog food post I surely feel better knowing they are eating a quality food..

Amy I am so glad you posted this- thank you! Duchie has been scrubbing her ears on the floor for a while, not a mite in sight, and I have cleaned and cleaned them. I fear she may be devloping a corn allergy. She is a little "flaky" when I brush her too so I thought this might help. Am also adding salmon treats, but not at the same time I change her food.

areese
06-14-2006, 09:06 AM
Amy I am so glad you posted this- thank you! Duchie has been scrubbing her ears on the floor for a while, not a mite in sight, and I have cleaned and cleaned them. I fear she may be devloping a corn allergy. She is a little "flaky" when I brush her too so I thought this might help. Am also adding salmon treats, but not at the same time I change her food.
I hope it works for her. Mine get salmon oil on the food too-it helped with Owen's crusty edge-of-his-ear problem.
Once the DH, Rob, was sent to get dog food and of course got like 50 pounds of the wrong kind-got the high performance diamond or something like that and it had corn way higher up on the ingredients and Laika's ears got red inside and she was more itchy than before so I thought it was the corn and indeed it did improve when taken off that food.