View Full Version : Laika the agility weiner, SUCKS part II

areese
06-14-2006, 10:04 AM
Took me this long to recover from the disastrous agility weekend so I could write about it...
LAIKA, the evil weener, was less than good. Lousy. Bad. EVIL. Her only reason to be on the agility course was to bark like a fiend at anything that moved. Some poor old man (who did walk funny....I'll give her that....) was hobbling in between the rings (there were two trials UKC and CPE) so Laika barked madly at him instead of doing the A-frame...he's like paralyzed staring at her not knowing what to do...finally hobbles off the other way..
Barked at kids, dogs, tents. And she's LOVING it. We got two Q's (qualifying runs) Saturday...not quite sure how but on Sunday nothing. I took her out of the ring once. She was barking at someone, wouldn't stop, so I told the judge we were done and carried her out and put her in her pen. She was shocked and appalled. NO treats???? I'm being CARRIED out of the ring??? in my pen with NO TREATS??? I don't know if it made an impression on her but the next run (her last) she did NOT bark but also ran really really really slow. (Take THAT, mean mommy).
Owen was good. He had a super fast colors run (it's a game with two short courses imbedded together and you pick one to run). He DID go under the tire jump 3,4,5 times (I lost track) but since they had automated timers and that was the first obstacle, they didn't start timing cuz he's so little he went under the beam LOL. He ran the course in 24 seconds and the standard course time was 39!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He had a really wonderful jumpers run too but since I was so darn flustered from his evil sister, I ran the course wrong. He did it beautifully though :)
I was so upset with myself for that...and with Laika...I really forgot that she did get two Q's and a new title (CL4-S) Owey got a title too (CL1-H).

Tex
06-14-2006, 10:07 AM
WOW, sounds like a crazy weekend......best of luck in the next competition!!! And congrats to the puppers for getting titles, even if little miss thing was a bit off.......

lizzieb38
06-14-2006, 10:23 AM
Wow, such behavior from our little Laika:shocked: . I'm glad they got new titles. Wasn't this the weekend you had to go by yourself??

areese
06-14-2006, 10:40 AM
Wow, such behavior from our little Laika:shocked: . I'm glad they got new titles. Wasn't this the weekend you had to go by yourself??
Thanks!!!! ..Now Laika and I are in Level 5 (LAST LEVEL!) for Standard. And she got a colors run that was a first and level 5 also. So...I feel good about that. Funny how the bad wiped out the good for me totally...
Yes, I went alone (wow its so cool you remebered) but then I called Rob when it was over and he was on his way (to the motel) so I wasn't alone after all! He got pizza and it was nice to have him there. Esp since the room was upstairs so he could carry stuff (and dogs!)...I was SO tired. I used my new pop up tent for the first time too. It was cool and I can ALMOST do it myself but there's always people to help anyway :-)

Jen
06-14-2006, 11:54 AM
Hey, despite a distracted dog you still made it to level 5! :appl: :appl:

Sounds like Owen is doing really well. Maybe you should focus more of your energy on him? :scratch:

areese
06-14-2006, 12:30 PM
Hey, despite a distracted dog you still made it to level 5! :appl: :appl:

Sounds like Owen is doing really well. Maybe you should focus more of your energy on him? :scratch:
Well..Laika and I have been trialing for a couple years to get to level 5. It takes 56 qualifying runs (a certain number of each of the 7 different kinds) to get through level 4. We need three more level 4 runs until we will be done with them. You can move ahead in each different kind as you finish-you don't have to wait until you get all yoru level 4's to move up. So now in Standard, jumpers, colors, jackpot, and wildcard we are in level 5. Snooker and fullhouse I am still in level 4 (need two fullhouse Q's and one Snooker) When we finish level 5 we get our championship in CPE. I want so much to be the second dachshund ever to get it.. I need 29 more qualifying runs though...so it won't be this year. Maybe next summer...
Owen isn't really ready to trial...I can run him in certain things cuz either they don't have weavepoles or teeter or I can avoid them (cuz some games you make up your own course) I also can't get any distance away from him which makes some things really difficult. He'll get better...but I dunno...maybe I'm jsut stubborn but I want Laika and I to finish and get our C-ATCH (CPE Agility Trial Championship) I've worked SO hard with her.... I would feel SO proud if we could do it.
Owen IS awesome though and I will go far with him. Our instructor thinks he's gonna be a USDAA dog-I don't think there are any titled dachshunds in USDAA!! Owen is really talented but I don't want to push him too fast...
I am gonna work with him, with both of them. I do really like it (except for last sunday LOL)

Bella's Mom
06-14-2006, 01:39 PM
Wow, sounds like you had quite a weekend! Sounds like Laika was in diva mode! Congratulations on the titles!

catstamm
06-14-2006, 01:54 PM
Ahhhh poor Momma....couldn't help but, snicker about your story though ma the visual was great....I hope things are better next time ....

oceangirls
06-14-2006, 09:25 PM
I am sorry about your little Diva (%#&^ Girl Dogs...). Congratulations in general, though!

Patt
06-15-2006, 12:07 PM
Sorry about that, but I am sure there are better days ahead.

lotsadox
06-15-2006, 12:18 PM
Sounds like Laika had a bad day, big time! :sorry: I hope next time is better.