PDA

View Full Version : memorial for harold

laura
06-14-2006, 11:39 AM
The vet called...said Harold was ready to pick up. Meaning his cremated remains. they also took a plaster cast of his footprint. Needless to say, that set Todd and I off in the waterworks again.
I wanted you all to know that I have created a memorial book for Harold. Every single one of your thoughtful and supportive posts are in there. The Ribbon that Goob wore and ran with him name on it, emails and photos. Alng with his pewter angel dog. He will have special place next to Tiny. ( what do you call a piece of furniture that has glass doors so you can see what is displayed inside?)Well in one of those.

I will take a picture of it when I have it all setup if you all do not think that is too morose.

Love,

Laura

areese
06-14-2006, 11:42 AM
That sounds wonderful. I'd love to see a picture of it.
A billion hugs for you and Todd. :hug99:

Alex's Mom
06-14-2006, 11:51 AM
Of course it's not morose...it's a lovely idea, a fitting tribute to your grand old man, and I for one would love to see the pics!!!! I also really like that plaster pawprint idea, although not something one would think of at the time perhaps! I might try and get one of Alex's now...if she'd let me:scratch:

Rae
06-14-2006, 12:00 PM
Dear dear Laura. thank you so much for sharing. We are all really good about sharing the fun, trivial stuff and the lighthearted things we say and do together DO indeed form friendships.

I believe that allowing/inviting others into your grief process is a huge statement of love and acceptance, and I am honored to be in the group you have let in.

Please do post the pictures and any other Harold-esque things that come to mind. The more you share, the more we ALL get to celebrate the life that was Harold.

:hug99: for you and Todd. Big ones.

Jen
06-14-2006, 12:19 PM
I think it is a lovely tribute, thank you for allowing us to share it with you! :hug99: :hug99: The plaster paw print is a truly wonderful idea. And storing it all in a curio cabinet (I think that's what those are called) is perfect!

oceangirls
06-14-2006, 12:47 PM
That's beautiful, Laura - I would also love to see a picture!

Tex
06-14-2006, 12:52 PM
I think that sounds like a wonderful tribute to Harold....please post pics when you're finished.

LUVMYGUNNER
06-14-2006, 01:09 PM
What a great tribute to Harold. He was such a lucky little guy.

lotsadox
06-14-2006, 01:25 PM
Not morose at all. I have 3 urns on the shelves in my study with my beloved dachsies who have passed away. I have pics of each one next to it's urn. Makes me feel good to have them close. I'd love to see a picture. :hug99: :hug99:

Chris
06-14-2006, 01:26 PM
That sounds wonderful. I would like to see it.

Giving Big T a home plus what you describe sounds like the best memorial a dog could ever ask for.

Mama S.
06-14-2006, 03:38 PM
I want to see it. He is so much a part of me from his stories that I would feel honored to share his special place.
Mama

K2
06-14-2006, 04:04 PM
Your post brought tears to my eyes. It will be such a loving tribute to your special guy. I'd love to see pics. :hug99:

Frzframe
06-14-2006, 05:18 PM
How wonderful. I've seen kits for pet paw prints which is a wonderful thing along with a favorite photo to add to his tribute. I too, would love to see when you get all of it put together. :hearts:

Lee Anne
06-14-2006, 05:23 PM
Laura, it all sounds like a wonderful thing to do for your very special guy. I look forward to seeing your tribute when it's done. :hug99:

Patt
06-14-2006, 07:55 PM
What a wonderful idea, I look forward to seeing all. :hug99: