PDA

View Full Version : But I *WANT* Him.....:pout:

Otto'sMom
12-14-2005, 02:21 PM
http://www.petfinder.com/fotos/AL22/AL22.5295123-1-x.jpg

His name is OTTO, and he looks just like my Dolly girl! I waaaannnnnt him :(

I need to move down south so I can go get him now :( He's at a rescue called "Tears" in Birmingham Alabama

I wanna six-pack of doggies too :bigpoutylip:

Rafi
12-14-2005, 02:23 PM
OH What a Cutie!!!! He looks like a good snuggly couch buddy.

lotsadox
12-14-2005, 02:34 PM
He's a sweetie! Surely we can figure out how to get him from Alabama to Virginia. How many members do we have along that route?

Otto'sMom
12-14-2005, 02:42 PM
Boy, if I could underground railroad him up to me, I'd do it! But what rescue gives a person with 5 dogs one more dog? I'd never pass the screening. :(

Puppen
12-14-2005, 02:43 PM
That is a great idea, a doggie train:) wish i was on the route!

Yolanda
12-14-2005, 03:00 PM
Yes you could pass the screening part. Sara Cayce and I would vouch for you.

Otto'sMom
12-14-2005, 03:40 PM
Thanks Yolanda :huggy:
I know Sara would always vouch for me, it doesn't hurt to have an extra reference or two.
I think I just might email them and ask about their policy about adopting out of state...

Mama S.
12-14-2005, 03:43 PM
Boy, if I could underground railroad him up to me, I'd do it! But what rescue gives a person with 5 dogs one more dog? I'd never pass the screening. :(
YOu can always do what I did! Volunteer to foster and FAIL!! Need another reference - tell em to call me! I'll let them know that 5 dogs is NOT enuff! :rotfl:
Sandi

Goob
12-14-2005, 03:46 PM
I can see how you'd want that cutie pie!
Good luck, keep us posted. :cheer2:

Jen
12-14-2005, 04:33 PM
What a cutie! By all means, go for it!! :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: A six pack would be a good thing. :banana:

isobelsmom
12-14-2005, 04:37 PM
I'll vouch for you too. I had 9 when Yolanda allowed me the greatest pleasure of adopting Noah from her.

And I am right on that Railroad route....in a heartbeat :hearts: All you have to do is let me know the dates!!!! :boogie:

LUVMYGUNNER
12-14-2005, 05:36 PM
I don't see why they wouldn't you have him he looks like a little Senior and sometimes their hard to adopt. Here are rays:rayz: :rayz: :rayz: that they will let you adopt the little guy.

Otto'sMom
12-14-2005, 06:11 PM
Well, I sent off the email so we'll see what happens. The worst thing they can say is "No".

Actually, the worst thing they could say would be "Andrea, your Mother in Iowa called us and said you can't have anymore dogs! No man will ever marry you with that many dogs!"
Evidentally 34 is spinster age back home.

I'll let you know what they say.

Lisa
12-14-2005, 07:21 PM
Ohhhh, you couldn't say no to that face!! You HAVE to try, what a sweetie. 6 is a nice round number, no one will feel left out :cheer2: :cheer2:

Helen
12-14-2005, 07:39 PM
Well, I sent off the email so we'll see what happens. The worst thing they can say is "No".

Actually, the worst thing they could say would be "Andrea, your Mother in Iowa called us and said you can't have anymore dogs! No man will ever marry you with that many dogs!"
Evidentally 34 is spinster age back home.

I'll let you know what they say.

Umm...why on earth would you want to marry a man who doesn't want 6 dogs? :scratch:

I'm so excited for you. I hope it works out!

Patt
12-14-2005, 09:41 PM
Handsome guy, where there's a will there's a way. Good luck. :banana:

Mama S.
12-14-2005, 09:54 PM
If it helps, tell em I'm only a little over 100 miles from them and will be more than happy to help transport! I've done it for DARE, I can do it for you!
Sandi

LUVMYGUNNER
12-14-2005, 11:17 PM
I hope you can get this little guy I always worry when they are a little older if someone will adopt them. what a great X-mas present for him--his own home.

Otto'sMom
12-15-2005, 12:59 AM
You guys are all so sweet!

I got a lengthy email from the group and one of her main concerns was that I'm in the military. They haven't had good luck with that in the past and they don't want to do a transport or fly him out to me. I filled out the application and will let the fates decide the rest. I told them I'd be willing to drive (I'm moving to Mississippi in June so I should get familiar with the route) and I told her how many dogs I have.
I just hope it works out, I really connected with that photo and the "look" in his eyes.:hearts:

Tanya
12-15-2005, 01:14 AM
:rayz: :rayz: :rayz: that your adoption will come through! He looks so sweet! :hearts:

Yolanda
12-15-2005, 01:29 PM
Their reply regarding being in the military really bothers me - it is so NOT SO. I have adopted to numerous military folks and have had no issues at all. That and the tranpsort issue makes me wonder if thye are really trying to find a placement for the pupper. I truly hope so.

Puppen
12-15-2005, 02:36 PM
:faint: :crossfin: ACK The Suspense is Killling ME!!!! I hope this works out!! Have you heard anything else????

Otto'sMom
12-15-2005, 03:02 PM
I hate to say, my own rescue was prejudiced towards the military. Too many irresponsible young kids getting pets and then "oops I'm out to sea" or "I'm transferring and can't take Fluffy with me" Funny, when I moved 3 times, the state I went to allowed me to take my pet.
I've been in the Navy for 15 years, with more than 3 pets for 13 years. My pets have never been left behind.

I'm just telling myself that I'm a case of "too good to be true" and they can't believe their luck.

I never posted his story... I'll have to do that. He's lived at a vet's clinic the last 4 years and that's where he's being fostered.

Otto'sMom
12-15-2005, 03:28 PM
"Otto has sadly lived the last 4 years of his live at a vet clinic with no one to call his own. No family to love, no soft bed to lye on. He is a very sweet boy of 8 years now and he would love nothing better than to have a forever home with a loving family all his own. He is a well mannered and loving boy. With maturity comes calm and Otto is just that. He would make a wonderful dog for a retired couple, widow or low key family. Email today to offer Otto the home he has waited on for far too long. Otto is terrified of thunderstorms and must be inside when a storm is brewing or he will escape out of the fence"

That's his story. I haven't heard anything yet...

Patt
12-15-2005, 07:54 PM
:sosad: it's unbelieveable he's been at a vets for 4 years and one of the techs didn't take him home or they didn't get someone to adopt him, that usually happens at my vets. I wish he wasn't so far away, or I would try him with Trixie, he's at a great age. I sure hope you are able to adopt him soon. :crossfin: :crossfin: and paws crossed in CA.

LUVMYGUNNER
12-15-2005, 07:56 PM
That is awful---so why not let you adopt him??? He would have a great home and have other pups to play with. I wonder if they forgot about him in these 4 years.

Otto'sMom
12-17-2005, 06:34 PM
I heard from Gina, the representative for TEARS and she read my application and only had a few questions for me about the status of the shots on my puppers. Had to explain to her that I use the low cost clinics for heartworm meds and basic shots and she was cool with that. She was concerned that the vet's office might not want to adopt out of state, so I told her not to lie for me, and if it was meant to be, it was meant to be. The good news is that they were willing to adopt out of state, the bad news is that a woman was in the clinic and she was interested in him and went home to talk it over with her spouse*.
*note to self, reason #6 for benefits of being single*
I'll know on Monday, more than likely, if he's going home with me or not. Strange thing is, I'm not even antsy about it. I did tell her that if he had the chance of going home to be the only dog, to give it to him so he could be spoiled. I also know, being the youngest of 6 myself, that the amount of spoiling is not diminished by larger numbers.
And about being at the vet's for 4 years. They did just forget about him. He's one of many strays picked up by the vet, given a place to live vs. just being put to sleep. She told me the vet may come off as harsh, but he's a wonderful man, typical country type vet. Once, a staff member's husband brought him in some fresh fish, still alive. He filled up the bath tub and put them in it, asking that he never be brought live fish again. He set them free rather than kill them for supper.
So if all goes well, I'm going to get the weekend of Jan 13 off to drive 12 hours and pick up a little 30lb Dolly/Otto. I just might let him be Otto The Second. Too soon to start naming.....:hearts:

Patt
12-17-2005, 11:10 PM
Hey, that sounds good. :crossfin: :crossfin: & paws crossed in CA for you. I wish you the very best!!! :hearts:

Yolanda
12-18-2005, 08:37 AM
That sounds wonderful and I hope things goes your way. Either way sounds like Otto has the hopes of a home of his own.

Jen
12-18-2005, 11:03 AM
:crossfin: :crossfin: that you'll soon have a six pack. And if not, it sounds like he'll have found a good home.

lotsadox
12-18-2005, 11:43 AM
All fingers and paws crossed here for your six-pack.:crossfin: :rpaw:

Mama S.
12-18-2005, 02:35 PM
ODG - I'll not sleep at all tonight wondering! Here are tons and tons and tons of :rayz: that you get a new baby soon! Remember I'm only a couple hours from Birmingham if you need of want a stop off point! I'll even help transport if need be!
Sandi

Otto'sMom
12-18-2005, 02:51 PM
That's so sweet to offer a stop off! I'm planning on a hotel room and frequent rest stops for potty breaks, with a very secure collar if this goes down.
I might not know now until AFTER Xmas, since the point of contact is going out of town and won't be near a computer, and might not be able to call me.
I'm patient though, and distracted enough by 3/5s of my herd being home.

Still can't wait.....

Mama S.
12-21-2005, 09:38 PM
grrrr - tapping toe oh so unpatiently - watching this post for good news...
OH SANTA - WE NEEEEDDDD YOOOUUUUUU.
Sandi

Otto'sMom
12-22-2005, 12:14 AM
I was told I'd have to wait to know till after the holidays. I'm patiently waiting by the phone and email, and told her that I was willing to wait too, as to not interrupt her holiday. My point of contact went out of town and all I can do is wait....

LUVMYGUNNER
12-22-2005, 01:05 AM
That's realy to bad that he can't have his forever home for the holidays.:confused:

Otto'sMom
12-22-2005, 08:05 AM
Yes, it would've been kinda nice to be able to get him before Xmas, but my schedule would've never allowed it. If all goes well, I'm taking the weekend of the 13th of Jan to go and get him.

Yolanda
12-22-2005, 08:37 AM
I was so hoping you would have heard something good. Hurrrgh I hate the wait.

Patt
12-23-2005, 01:20 AM
All of us will keep sending positive thoughts!!!!!

Mama S.
12-23-2005, 09:50 AM
Just got off the phone with :oldnick: Told him that we reaallly needed a new baby for :christmas He told me that he was pretty busy but he'd see what he could do.... so we wait some more
SAndi

Mama S.
12-27-2005, 02:48 PM
Uh HELLOOO?????? We waited. it's after Christmas...... we need a new baby to talk about...
Oh I despise waiting.......................
Sandi

Otto'sMom
12-27-2005, 07:03 PM
I emailed her today, am waiting for a response. Guess I should get on the phone and call...

Patt
12-27-2005, 07:37 PM
:crossfin: :crossfin: and paws crossed in CA., I hope to hear good news soon.

Anatresia
12-27-2005, 07:57 PM
I'm late on this, but, yes, my fingers are also crossed for you! Poor baby- why make him wait even longer?!

oceangirls
12-27-2005, 08:59 PM
I keep checking this thread hopefully :)

We will cross our fingers and paws.

Mama S.
12-28-2005, 05:47 PM
I emailed her today, am waiting for a response. Guess I should get on the phone and call...
GUess maybe I should have said RESCUE - We are waiting on YOU! :duh:
Sandi

Otto'sMom
12-28-2005, 05:59 PM
Well, it prompted me to call at least. I just hate to be a pest about it. Turns out my email didn't go through from work, so I did it from home and now I'm checking the answering machine hoping for a call. Just have to be patient. This poor dude has waited 4 years for me to appear, we'll all just have to give them a few days to respond.:angel7:

Mama S.
12-28-2005, 06:18 PM
This poor dude has waited 4 years for me to appear, we'll all just have to give them a few days to respond.:angel7:
Will keep everything I have crossed!!!!!
Sandi

Goob
12-28-2005, 06:21 PM
I'm waaaay late on this thread.

Keeping my fingers crossed though.

Nancy
12-29-2005, 09:36 AM
ARGHGH, all this waiting! I have my fingers crossed that you get the little man! :rayz: :boogie:

Otto'sMom
12-29-2005, 10:41 AM
Otto #2 got to spend Christmas eve with is new adopted family, and I am happy for them. Guess it wasn't meant to be for me to add him to my herd.
Keep an eye open for any black and tan dachshund/coonhound mixes for me.
:ohwell:

Nancy
12-29-2005, 11:22 AM
:sosad: I'm sorry things didnt work out.

but maybe this is a sign that another little angel will come your way!

oceangirls
12-29-2005, 11:29 AM
I'm sorry :(. Hope the one you were meant to have comes along soon.

Mama S.
12-29-2005, 12:17 PM
He's not a black and tan but Courtney's Dewey sure would be a sweet guy!
Sandi

Puppen
12-29-2005, 12:40 PM
:( awwww I'm so sorry! I hope he has/gets a super forever home.

Otto'sMom
12-29-2005, 01:25 PM
He's not a black and tan but Courtney's Dewey sure would be a sweet guy!
Sandi

It just wouldn't be the same *sigh* I'll know when I see it. I looked but no one caught my eye like Dolly did that first time. I'd fall in love with all of them when given the chance.

lotsadox
12-29-2005, 02:36 PM
I'm sorry things didn't work out. :sosad: There's a dachsie/coonhound mix out there somewhere for you!

Patt
12-29-2005, 03:16 PM
I know this isn't easy but things happen for a reason and that little guy your looking for might be showing up soon.

LUVMYGUNNER
12-29-2005, 04:22 PM
Strange that after all these years he finaly got a home after you showed interest in him.:confused:

Otto'sMom
12-30-2005, 09:02 AM
That's what I get for pouting about it.

Yolanda
12-30-2005, 10:52 AM
Don't be sad. :sosad: this only means the right pupper is still out there needing a home and the minute you see the picture you will klnow it. Now lets all search for you.

Jen
12-30-2005, 01:25 PM
I know its hard not to be sad, but I KNOW there's another coonhound mix out there who will find you soon!!