PDA

View Full Version : Want to transport for MWDR

Michelle
12-14-2005, 02:46 PM
I just sent an email to MWDR to ask them if they would be able to use me to help transport doxies to their foster homes or their adoptive homes.

I hope they will contact me soon and let me know what I need to do to sign up.

I really would like to foster but I don't think my husband would go for that right now.... so the other alternative is to see if I can help out someway in transporting.

Also I am not sure if taking in fosters would be a good idea with my daughter's Bipolar and ADHD issues. I have noticed that many of the fosters seem to be older dogs that have issues with little kids. When Rachel gets home from after school care she can be pretty wound up and hyper when her ADHD medication wears off. Heidi and Princess are still puppies and they are already used to Rachel and her crazy antics don't bother them, in fact they LOVE it.. She gets down on all fours and chases them around the house sometimes and they think she is another dog. But I think an older dog or a dog that is not used to being around children might be traumatized by my 8yr old, or the dog could snap at her and possibly harm her, which of course I don't want to happen.

So,, I am looking forward to having someone from MWDR contact me and see if they could use my help as a transporter....

Michelle

Puppen
12-14-2005, 02:51 PM
:appl: That's great!! best of luck with that!!:cheer2:

Michelle
12-14-2005, 02:56 PM
:appl: That's great!! best of luck with that!!:cheer2:

Thanks, I really really want to help out, I would love so much to foster, but right now I don't think my situation at home would allow that.. but I really want to foster so so badly.. that would really help my urge of wanting a third doxie,,,,,but I know my husband thinks that 2 is already enough....

Michelle

lotsadox
12-14-2005, 02:56 PM
Although finding foster homes is always a priority with rescues, there are lots of other things that need to be done. There is paperwork to be processed, vet checks, home checks, organizing fund raisers and transports to foster home, adoptive homes, vet visits, lots of stuff. It would probably be hard for you to foster with your daughter. It sounds like you have your hands full. I've fostered and most of the dogs that I've had are very timid and fearful and need a stable, quiet environment. Of course, they may just give me those because I don't have any children and the DH is a workaholic so our house is relatively quiet. :) But there are a lot of other jobs to be done. I've found rescue work to be the most rewarding thing I've ever done. I hope you enjoy it as much.

Yolanda
12-14-2005, 02:58 PM
Thank you for volunteering and I hope you hear from them soon.

You can also check with DRNA and the other rescue groups. We (DRNA) are always looking for people to help with transport. In fact we have a yahoogroup used just for setting up transports.