View Full Version : Gigi's comprehensive Exam

jenfer
06-16-2006, 04:21 PM
It will be this coming Monday. I am already dreading about it... mostly for the shots. She goes to daycare, so she need them. But the thing is Miss Gigi had allergic reaction before. Yes, they do give her antihistamine ahead of time, they even have an IV ready if it's not working... but still... I will definitely ask them why Gigi is skinny, is there anything wrong with her? Are there things I should be doing etc. Anything specific I should be asking the vet? So please think of my little girlie on Monday! Thanks.

Jen
06-16-2006, 04:44 PM
:bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for a good exam and no reaction to the shots. Hopefully her weight loss is just not enough food. We'll be thinking good thoughts for you on Monday!

quavec
06-16-2006, 04:48 PM
Lots of :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for Ms. Diva Gi!

Yolanda
06-16-2006, 05:54 PM
Jen,

Lots of :bigrayz: :bigrayz: fo GiGi and a few :hug99: :hug99: for you.

Have you every asked the vet to give her shots to her seperately? One of mine has to have them spaced several days a part.

Patt
06-16-2006, 07:36 PM
Please make a list of your questions and concerns beforehand, that way it makes it easier for both of you. Please note what you feed and the amounts including treats. Be sure to mention how much exercise (walking & classes) she gets and generally how she has been doing recently.

I would have a complete blood panel run on Gigi, possibly x-rays, since she has been losing weight I am sure the vet will suggest both. If at all possible I would go with the booster injections on separate days maybe a week apart and of course the Benadryl (or whatever your vet uses) 30 mins before each injection.

Sending good exam :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: to Gigi. :crossfin:

Be sure to give us an update. :)

Lee Anne
06-16-2006, 07:42 PM
Great suggestions Patt! We'll keep Gigi in our :pray: . Please let us know what they find out. I had to take Greyson in for the same thing. He's the doxie version of Kate Moss. You can feel every bone. Them putting him on wet food (prescription diet helped.)

Sending our :hearts: !
The Gang

JanUet
06-16-2006, 08:09 PM
Casey had an allergic reaction to Lepto. I have asked my Vet not to give it to Casey or Sophie. He broke out in hives ( got really itchy all over) he vomited alot and his whole face was swollen. I freaked out! :shocked:

So...no more Lepto for my 2!

Sending Mega :bigrayz: :bigrayz: to Gigi for Monday Morning

oceangirls
06-16-2006, 09:03 PM
ITA with Patt - was going to suggest you write your questions down :). That is what I need to remember to do next visit too :D

I think Gigi is probably skinny because some well-meaning individual you trusted to be an expert was telling you she was borderline fat (or whatever she said) :rolleyes: and then she had those stomach problems. Sending rayz that that's all and she will fill out perfectly :rayz::rayz::rayz::bigrayz:

Tex
06-17-2006, 12:36 AM
Sending big :bigrayz: for your beautiful girl.....and big :hug99: for you! You will both be in our thoughts and prayers on Mon.!

Alex's Mom
06-17-2006, 06:52 AM
:bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz: for Gi's visit on Monday and for you, Jen! ITA about the writing things down idea...that way you'll make sure you cover all the bases. Let us know what the vet says, OK? :hug99: (and don't worry, it'll be OK!)

oceangirls
06-19-2006, 09:09 PM
hey Jen, how did it go?

jenfer
06-19-2006, 10:19 PM
Gigi got blood work and Giardia Test and everything came out fine, she has no parasite/worm and her blood is good. Just too skinny, she lost almost 2 lbs since last time. So now we are working on her gaining weight. We are switching back to I/D, since she has sensative tummy... other than that she is as healthy as a cow. And she didn't need any shots this time... so that is one less thing for me to be worried about. Whew...

Thanks for everyone's good thoughts. :)

Patt
06-19-2006, 10:23 PM
Awesome news. :cheer2: I'm happy to hear everything is fine. :cheer2: Here's some weight :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for Gigi. :hearts:

Goob
06-19-2006, 10:24 PM
OMG!!!!!!!!!!! How wierd!!! :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: :scratch:

The Prof and Snoots had the same thing done today too!!!!!!!!!!
The Prof is too fat they said, and Snoots is right on the money!!!

jenfer
06-19-2006, 10:33 PM
Hey Karen...
Gigi is getting very ready for the wedding. Is the prof a little snug in the tux??? heehee. :)