View Full Version : Yucky Eye!!!!

catstamm
06-19-2006, 02:17 PM
Anyone have any home remedies for goopy eye....the girls woke up with eye boogers....thought I'd try something before I have to take them all to the vet....

Lee Anne
06-19-2006, 02:23 PM
Maybe they just got junk/pollen from all the yard work they were doing yesterday? :rolleyes: Zippy always got eye boogies and I would wash his face with a warm wash cloth at the beginning and ending of every day.

lotsadox
06-19-2006, 02:30 PM
I use plain saline like you get for contact wearers. It's gentle and often clears mine's eyes up with just a couple of applications. :banana: :banana:

Kerie
06-19-2006, 03:00 PM
I use a cool damp washcloth. I figure that if there is any irritation, the cool has to feel good. I have my own eye allergies and a cool cloth works for me, so that is what I do for my pup.

Patt
06-19-2006, 03:10 PM
I use lukewarm water on cotton balls to clean the eyes. That usually takes care of it, if it's not cleared up in a few days check with the vet.

catstamm
06-19-2006, 04:58 PM
Thanks everyone....your right Lee anne I forgot about them being in the yard....Oh my girls now have a yard!!!! 10 x 35 but it's beautiful and my lawn is growing nicely....as long as carlee quits digging :rotfl:

oceangirls
06-19-2006, 09:19 PM
Plain water on a cotton ball or saline should be just fine as long as they aren't acting like they're in pain - definitely could be something in the yard (lot of things out there irritate MY eyes too!).

Good luck getting Carlee to stop digging - um, she is a dachshund, right? yeah - good luck :D