PDA

View Full Version : Doxy in Ft Myers needs home

Jacqueline
12-14-2005, 08:03 PM
When I went into one of the local stores to get Taffy a new harness, the store owner asked if I knew of anyone who would want a 10 month old female long haired red mini. The owners are leaving this area to go up to North Florida, and won't be taking her with them. I understand they are giving her away free. I told the store owner PLEASE DO NOT LET THEM ADVERTISE HER LIKE THAT.

I told her I would let both boards know she was available, and if necessary, to let me know, and I would foster her. My husband says I can't have another dog because we already have all the birds, and I really don't want another permanent puppy....I love the relationship Taffy and I have.....but I don't want her going to a lab, either....so would take her until we could get her a home.

The store owner says she is very petite and a real sweetie. Let me know if you know someone who will take her. I will let them know right away, because they will be leaving soon.

oceangirls
12-14-2005, 08:30 PM
Jacqueline, I can't take another (neither husband NOR jealous girls would permit that :rolleyes: ), but I would help transport if you find someone who would take her and she needs a ride, depending on the days. I am in St. Pete area - PM or e-mail me if needed.:hearts: I bet she's a sweetie.

Goob
12-14-2005, 08:57 PM
Jacqueline, bless you for helping this little girl! She sounds like the sweetest little one. Keep us posted and here's some magical adoption :rayz: :rayz: :rayz:

LUVMYGUNNER
12-14-2005, 09:05 PM
Come one everyone we need to help this baby--any one planning on adding to the family. Why do people get dogs then when they move not take them??? I don't understand that....

Patt
12-14-2005, 09:13 PM
I hate that lame excuse we're moving and the pet cannot go with us. :faint:
:thanx: for watching out for this little girl, I'm way too far away to assist perhaps you can contact http://www.fldr.org/ and see if they can help you or give offer other rescue org names.

isobelsmom
12-17-2005, 03:44 PM
Anyone who knows me, knows I am a red LH lady...BUT, I have four red-ish dachsies as it is and ten dogs total. It has taken Quincy (who usually comes around in less than 72 hrs) nearly three months to kind of accept Maia. He is still not a happy big man. If I didn't have Maia (no mastiff rescue could take her as THEY are all full up) I would snatch this little red girl in a heartbeat and say, "Well, I always wanted to see Florida!"

I'll check around here...but I can't promise anything. I'll keep her in my thoughts and sending rescue :rayz: :rayz: :rayz: :rayz: for her safety.