View Full Version : Piper Had Surgery Today

Tanya
06-21-2006, 07:49 PM
Some of you may recall that Beckie asked me about a spot on Piper's back in these pictures (http://www.doxielovers.com/dlc/showthread.php?t=5584) from our June meet-up.

This bump has been there for a couple months. We were told it was histocytoma, and it should go away in 1-3 months. Lately the bump has been really dry and bothering him. I am not sure if it hurt or just itched. Well, this weekend both Piper and Peaches would not leave it alone and they ended up breaking it open and it started bleeding.

I was concerned they were going to do more damage or get it infected. So, it was removed today and will also be sent in for a biopsy to make sure everything is ok. Piper has 9 stitches, and he is not very happy. :sosad: So, tonight will be spent snuggled up with my little fat man.

He wouldn't even look at me...
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y219/pipsqueak21/SpotRemoval3.jpg

Not pretty!
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y219/pipsqueak21/SpotRemoval2.jpg

Mom, this sucks!
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y219/pipsqueak21/SpotRemoval1.jpg

He is in his "man spot" now...that's his favorite place to lay in the whole house!
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y219/pipsqueak21/SpotRemoval4.jpg

Anatresia
06-21-2006, 07:50 PM
AWWWWWW!!!!

Mega healing rayz for Piper!!!!:bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: Poor guy! That looks horrible! I hope it heals quickly and :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: that the bump was nothing other than annoying!!!!:bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz:

jenfer
06-21-2006, 07:53 PM
I am sorry, Piper (and Tanya). I hope it's nothing serious. Sending you lots of :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz:

Patt
06-21-2006, 07:53 PM
Sending a million :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for that little love bug. :hearts: I hope Piper is feeling better soon and the lump was nothing serious. :crossfin:

Frzframe
06-21-2006, 07:56 PM
Ouch poor little man! Sending mega healing :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz:'s to him.

Fluffy
06-21-2006, 07:58 PM
Oh poor Piper Man!! :rayz: and :pray: that you are feeling up to speed soon Lil Man!!!!!!!

areese
06-21-2006, 08:25 PM
Oh poor little man! :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for quick healing and a negative biopsy.

Yolanda
06-21-2006, 08:50 PM
Tanya, Lots of :pray: :pray: and :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for the big boy and of course :hug99: :hug99: for Mommy.

Jen
06-21-2006, 09:03 PM
Oh no, sending tons of :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for the Piper man!! And a :bighug: for mom.

How was Peaches while he was gone for surgery and when he came back?

Hope the biopsy is negative and he heals quickly!!

Da Brat
06-21-2006, 09:15 PM
Oh no! Poor Piper man!!! Sending lots and lots of :bigrayz: and :pray:

And of course :hug99: for mom!!

Laurie' s Dachshunds
06-21-2006, 09:21 PM
:shocked: I am so sorry to see this! I hope there' s nothing more to it. :hug99: to the Piper Man and much :hearts: :hearts: from all of us.

HotDogMama
06-21-2006, 09:25 PM
:bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: Lots of rays for Piper!!! :bighug: to mama!

K2
06-21-2006, 09:28 PM
Piper, I hope you're feeling better soon. Sending you mega :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: and :pray: :pray:

Lisa
06-21-2006, 09:35 PM
Poor little Piper Man!

He's such a little trooper. I glad he is okay, lots of rayz that everything is good with the biopsy. :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz:

Big hug to his Mom too! :bighug:

Mama S.
06-21-2006, 09:35 PM
Oh noooo - Piper I am sooo sorry that you have such a big owie. Here's hoping that all is ok!
Sandi

alfina
06-21-2006, 09:37 PM
OMG! Gosh, not our Piper! I hope he feels better soon and it is nothing serious.

laura
06-21-2006, 09:41 PM
Bless his little bitty heart! Geez, the stitches look a bit Frankensteinish!

Tanya
06-21-2006, 11:38 PM
How was Peaches while he was gone for surgery and when he came back?
Peaches was fine today because we were home with her most of the day. When Piper arrived home, Peaches wanted him to play. So, John took Miss Thing rollerblading to burn off her oodles of energy so she'd leave Piper alone. Now we need to make sure that both of them leave his incision alone.

Thanks for the rayz everyone! We really appreciate it! :hug99:

Goob
06-21-2006, 11:50 PM
Aweeee Piperman!!!! :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz:

:love0052: :kiss: :rowofhts: :love: :atsuko: :pinky: :heart14:

LUVMYGUNNER
06-22-2006, 03:02 AM
Don't know how I missed this but here are rays:bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for the little guy. Hope its nothing serious.

Alex's Mom
06-22-2006, 05:16 AM
Mega healing :bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz: for the Piperman. :crossfin: that the biopsy comes back negative! and of course a :bighug: for you guys and Peaches. Let us know what the biopsy results are! (How worrying!)

Tex
06-22-2006, 07:32 AM
Sorry this is a little late..........mega :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: to da Pipper man and big :hug99: :hug99: :hug99: to you too Tanya!!!! Keep us posted ok?

oceangirls
06-22-2006, 09:09 AM
Ouch, it just looks like it would HURT! :(
But I agree with you for having it removed; I would have done the same. Sending lots rayz for quick healing :rayz::bigrayz::rayz::bigrayz::rayz::bigrayz:

Lisa
06-22-2006, 09:39 AM
How is the little cutie today Tanya?

quavec
06-22-2006, 09:40 AM
Oh, poor guy! Lots of :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: and hugs for the worried mom and dad :hug99:

Lee Anne
06-22-2006, 10:11 AM
:sadnana: Soooo sorry you're not feeling up to snuff Little Man! :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: and :pray: that you heal nicely and that it's nothing serious! :hearts:

Irminsul
06-22-2006, 10:20 AM
Poor Piper!

Hope it turns out to be harmless! :bigrayz: :bigrayz:

Courtney
06-22-2006, 11:56 AM
Oh Piper Man! Poor guy! I hope everything turns out ok. He is HUGE now btw!! And gorgeous!

lotsadox
06-22-2006, 12:02 PM
Poor Piper! :sosad: I hope he's doing better now and leaving the incision alone. When you have more than one it can be really challenging to keep them from fussing with it. Sending rayz. :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz:

Tanya
06-22-2006, 12:33 PM
Piper is doing well. He is in good spirits, but I think he is in a little bit of pain. He’ll whimper every once in awhile. Peaches wants him to play with her so badly. He chased her a little, but he seemed uncomfortable running. So, I made her leave him alone. :sosad:

John took him to work today. He just called me and said things are going well. However, Piper howls any time John leaves his office. So, Piper gets to go with him now! I am sure Peaches is freaking out at home thinking we are all at the park playing ball or something. :rolleyes:

We were told we could put a piece of loose fitting clothing on him to keep his incision covered and out of Peaches’ view. Well, Piper’s shirts are a bit too form fitting to put on over his wound. So, last night I put Peaches’ pink dress on him! :ashamed: It fits him snug enough around the chest that he can’t get out of it, yet the skirt lays nice and loose over his wound. It’s so funny! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: He doesn’t seem to care, but I promised him I won’t post pictures. So, don’t even ask for them! :nana:

Lisa
06-22-2006, 12:45 PM
Tanya that's just not nice doing that to us! You know my imagination isn't as great as it used to be...we DEMAND a picture of PiperMAN in the pink dress.

Pixel says if he had to wear a girl Chanel thing in a fashion show, Piper has to show his cross dressing ways too. (Pix will even all a re-posting of that picture in exchange for a Piper one ;) )

That's so cute that John brought the little man to work, it must be a hoot!!

lizzieb38
06-22-2006, 12:49 PM
Poor ;ittle honey.:bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: that it heals quickly ,and that everything is okay.

Tanya
06-22-2006, 12:54 PM
Piper Man already was embarrassed with photos of him when he was a wee little pup. Remember him wearing Peaches’ Drama Queen shirt?
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y219/pipsqueak21/PipertheDiva1.jpg

Well, he says “No pics this time. I am borrowing this dress for medical purposes ONLY!” He is afraid Baby Bella will see and laugh at him.

Lisa
06-22-2006, 01:04 PM
Ohhhh that FACE! You can't help but just :love5: him.

jenfer
06-22-2006, 02:33 PM
More :bigrayz: for Piper's healing. (But I REALLY want to see a pic of him in the pink dress. :please: )

Lee Anne
06-22-2006, 02:37 PM
Yeah... don't post pictures. That would be too much for the big guy to bear! :htsmile:

Michelle
06-22-2006, 05:31 PM
OH Piper man, here are some mucho healing :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for you!!!!!!

Wow, did they really have to give him so many stitches??,

I don't remember that thing on his back being that big at that last meetup?, Has it been growing ????

Bella's Mom
06-23-2006, 02:03 PM
Oh boy! :shocked: I sure hope it looks worse in the pictures then it actually is!! Big hugs for Piper man! :hug99: Lots of mega :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for quick healing.

Chris
06-23-2006, 04:57 PM
Poor Piper

I hope he feels better soon!

My parents lab got stuff like that all the time. But he had a compromised immune system (he was a parvo puppy that was saved).

Hopefully its "nothing"

Rae
06-23-2006, 04:59 PM
:bigrayz: better late than never, and let's hope it is nothing, but better safe than sorry.
hang in there hoo-mama and hoo-dad. (Hoodad of the year, perhaps? )

Jill
06-24-2006, 09:10 AM
Do you have an update on Mr. Piper? I hope he is doing well.:hearts:

Frzframe
06-30-2006, 03:16 PM
Just wondering what the test results came back as? Or did I miss an update somewhere? :scratch: