PDA

View Full Version : Oscar's been OFF Pepcid for one week!!!

Kerie
12-15-2005, 12:56 AM
Can you believe it has been 4 months since his stomach problems started?

For the new people, some people here had helped me when Oscar was suddenly vomiting every day. He had lots of tests and was put on 2 medications.

We had tried before to take him off his meds, but failed a few times over the months. He got off the anti-nausea drug slowly and then we slowly weaned him off the Pepcid, and his last dose was last week.

He seems okay, no vommies. HOWEVER, sometimes his stomach growls so loudly!!!!!! He does not seem to be uncomfortable from it and has no other symptoms. :confused: :confused: I hope he's okay!!!!

I should also note that he survived 2 weeks of having a crazy diet when my dad was watching him.

Fluffy
12-15-2005, 01:16 AM
That's great news Kerie!!! So glad he's doing well!!! More :rayz: :rayz: :rayz: that thinks keep going good for him :truck:

Patt
12-15-2005, 01:30 AM
:woohoo: that is great news. :appl: :appl: :crossfin: :crossfin: and a few :rayz: :rayz: to keep Oscar in good health.

Courtney
12-15-2005, 01:35 AM
That IS great news!! I hope his health continues to improve!!!

Lisa
12-15-2005, 08:08 AM
:cheer2: :cheer2:

That is a terrific update!! Glad to hear that Oscar is doing much better. I would think that any issues would have manifested themselves immediately...did they last time you tried to take him off the meds?

Did your vet have any other suggestions / advice / thoughts about the root cause of his tummy troubles? I know Pogo has a super sensitive tummy (he is a pet store puppy), if we feed him anything other than his regular diet he is either puking or has brutal diarrhea - now Pogo had tons of worms when he was a puppy (including a tape), so we don't know if that did internal damage or if he was just born with a sensitive stomach.

Lots more rayz that he continues on the right track. :rayz: :rayz: :rayz:

oceangirls
12-15-2005, 09:57 AM
that's terrific; sounds like you did a great job with the diet (not counting Dad :D ) and it is great that you were able to slowly wean him off the Pepcid.:cheer2: Here's a couple of rayz for NO MORE PROBLEMS:rayz: :rayz: :rayz: .