PDA

View Full Version : Agility update- the rays WORKED!!

areese
06-25-2006, 10:18 PM
The rays must have worked cuz Laika went from barking (evilly and gleefully) and running at everything that moved the last two trials to running SIX runs totally bark-free and two with minimal outbursts that she was able to stop when asked and continue running!!! Really amazing! I did take her out of the ring during a trial two weeks ago and made her sit in the pen with no treats which upset her greatly and also in class that next week she barked like a fiend at students arriving late so the instructor put her in a crate in a little barn while I ran Owen and gave him treats. But I didn't expect her to make the connection so quickly and was prepared to have to repeat it during this trial. But she was GOOD. Or...at least quiet LOL. I did have a little talk about not barking with her before each run....
She qualified 4 out of 8 runs andgot her first level 5 standard Q's (two of them! Level 5 is the last level in CPE!!!)
And little Owen was wonderful! He ran 4 runs and qualifed all of them. Consistently at least 10 seconds under time!!!! He runs so fast and so happy it's just a joy to run him. He finished his level 1 Standard title. Now I gotta teach him to weave before July 8!!! He can only weave at class for some reason.. dogs can be so silly.
AND there were FIVE dachshunds running in the trial!!!!!! Owen is the fastest of them all!!!

lizzieb38
06-25-2006, 10:32 PM
I'm so glad our little girl got over her "Tude":rotfl: ,and did so well. And you know I love that little Owen, and I'm ooooooohhhh sooooo proud of him too. Was Rob with you this time????

areese
06-25-2006, 10:38 PM
I'm so glad our little girl got over her "Tude":rotfl: ,and did so well. And you know I love that little Owen, and I'm ooooooohhhh sooooo proud of him too. Was Rob with you this time????

Nope, Rob never goes. He thinks it is boring and noisy! And when Laika first started she was nervous and if Rob was there she'd run to him. I've tried to get him to come and run with her (that would be a riot to watch) but he won't.
I am pretty proud of Laika and very proud of lil Owen. People love to watch him run. His ears fly out like wings and he is so cute and fast.

Linus
06-25-2006, 10:44 PM
:congrats: Laika and Owen!!! Way to make mommy proud!!

Frzframe
06-25-2006, 11:04 PM
Great news!! I'm glad the little Diva settled down for you. I would love to see little O run. Well I would love to see them both in action.

catstamm
06-25-2006, 11:21 PM
Congratulations Mama....you should be so proud :appl:

AgileOllie
06-25-2006, 11:43 PM
Yayyyyyyyy Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jenfer
06-26-2006, 12:32 AM
Congrats. :)

Patt
06-26-2006, 01:47 AM
:woohoo: Good to hear everything went well. Keep up the good work! :appl:

Tex
06-26-2006, 09:12 AM
Big :congrats: to you, Owen and Laika!!! We promise to send big :bigrayz: s before every big event!!!