PDA

View Full Version : Oh No!!!

Laurie' s Dachshunds
06-26-2006, 12:09 AM
Somebody peed on my bed!!! :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: I think Reesee did it. Shadow & Reesee are allowed free roam of the house (not allowed on my bed) & recently they have been getting on my bed in the mornings to wake me up to go out.
A little while ago we found a wet spot on my side of the bed. It was BIG!
I am now washing my comforter & sheets. It went thru to the mattress! I sprayed Shout on my mattress & scrubbed it with a wash cloth. Hope I got it all out!

areese
06-26-2006, 07:22 AM
O NO is right! That is not a pleasant surprise!!!

Tex
06-26-2006, 07:28 AM
We had those kind of accidents as a puppy......the shout should help, and I have found that anti-bacterial Febreeze can do wonders.....good luck!

Rae
06-26-2006, 08:39 AM
ugh. the only thing worse than a big warm wet spot in the bed is a big cold wet spot in the bed...unless you want to talk about solids (or semi solids), and let's just not go there.

Laurie' s Dachshunds
06-26-2006, 10:53 AM
I just don' t know why it happened, other than it started raining last night.
I could understand if it were a puppy but Reesee is over 2 yrs old! And why the bed? She has had accidents in the living room when I was working...:scratch:

badgerdogbren
06-26-2006, 11:22 AM
Laurie, watch the dynamics in your home closely. In a pack the Alpha in the home can often change or he/she can desire to show new dominance as others are reaching maturity especially when they reach (about 2yrs old) I have also had this happen and it was not likely an accident. If this was the case the Alpha in the group was not only showing dominance to the dog pack but to you who are also part of his/her pack. (marking the bed where he/she feels is the highest ranking place to sleep) Thus the pee on your side of the bed. Also try pouring 1/3 of a bottle of rubbing alcohol on the spot. It disinfects and helps dry it quicky so in our hot house weather we are having here in VA you won't get mildew in the middle of your mattress that will later stink no matter what you do. I highly recommend a water proof mattress cover. ; ) If it happens again then make a rule that no one is allowed on the bed. Also make sure you are giving respect to your alpha in the dog part of the pack and at the same time letting him/her know YOU are and always will be the ultimate pack leader. Many mistakes happen with either an alpha in the home is not given respect as the Alpha or the Alpha gets cocky and will try to see of he/she can lord over you too. I have seen in many many homes dogs who are alpha leaders over their masters. These people get frustrated and want to give up the dogs to rescue. I try to help them keep the dog and in most cases we are successful with some proven methods that put fido in his place. Read Cesar Millan's books if you get a chance he has a great prospective on it. If it was not an alpha issue at all then you may have been right that someone just did not want to go on the rain. :scratch:

Laurie' s Dachshunds
06-26-2006, 11:37 AM
Laurie, watch the dynamics in your home closely. In a pack the Alpha in the home can often change or he/she can desire to show new dominance as others are reaching maturity especially when they reach (about 2yrs old) I have also had this happen and it was not likely an accident. If this was the case the Alpha in the group was not only showing dominance to the dog pack but to you who are also part of his/her pack.

If it was not an alpha issue at all then you may have been right that someone just did not want to go on the rain. :scratch:

I always watch for things & always let them know I am Alpha. They are not allowed on my bed at all. (They sleep on the floor on blankets and comforters)I have been working at night & sleeping in more lately. They are on a routine that starts 7:30am & I wannna sleep later.
But this was last night after/when I came home and had just started to rain.

jenfer
06-26-2006, 11:42 AM
You can get those mattress protector. Those are great! Gigi hasn't peed on my bed yet (touch wood!). But she puked a few times :shocked: and those protector came in handy.

Jen
06-26-2006, 02:31 PM
ITA, a vinyl mattress protector is the way to go, especially if they're roaming free when you're not around! A doggie wet spot on the bed is no fun!

Otto'sMom
06-26-2006, 02:41 PM
Dolly has done that more than once for me. I'm not sure why either:scratch: In my case, I think it was changes in the routine that upset her. She'd drink a ton of water before bed and while I was taking my shower, she'd pee or not tell me she needed to go. She never was one to tell me.

Mama S.
06-26-2006, 08:38 PM
Sam has belly bands on order - he has all of a sudden started hiking his leg everywhere. He just turned a year old in April. He is getting snipped in the coming weeks - the last of the herd to have to undergo it! If I could actually have gotten a month free of someone getting shots, or hurt or teeffies needing help I'd have done it sooner! I need a 2nd job for my herd!!!
THen out of nowhere Shadow pee'd a lake in the middle of my bed - she was pi**ed at PJ for being in the hospital and leaving her. I HAVE to get one of those mattress protectors.
mama

Dijon04
06-26-2006, 08:51 PM
it was me...i'm sorry i'm so ashamed....:please:

lotsadox
06-26-2006, 09:14 PM
The mattress protectors are very good. I've had this happen a few times. I used Nature's Miracle and it took the spot and the smell out. I've never had a repeat on the same spot on the bed. :crossfin: