PDA

View Full Version : Lexie and the Elks

silverdapplebnt
06-26-2006, 05:25 PM
We live in the mountains and have elk come down into our yard to graze. Lexie hates them. She doesn't mind the deer or pheasants or anything like that just the elk. She will get on the back of the couch and her hackles will go up from the back of her head to the start of her tail and she will bark and growl and carryon. I think she thinks she can bark one to death. When I put her on her leash and take her out when they are around she goes ballistic. So finally I take pity on her and chase them away. She seems to think she is the one that chased them off and man is she proud. She isn't allowed outside off leash as we also have a couple mountain lions around here that make a nasty habit of eating pets. I have only seen it once so far this spring but I don't want to take the chance. I lost a coon hound to it several years ago so I am overly careful, if there is such a thing.

catstamm
06-26-2006, 05:32 PM
Wow glad she's OK...sounds scary to me, Elk are REALLY HUGE :shocked:

Patt
06-26-2006, 05:39 PM
How lucky you are to live in the mountains with all the wildlife, I would dearly love that. Yeah, I bet you have to watch her every minute when she's outside since she thinks she's as big and fierce as a moose. :)

Lisa
06-26-2006, 05:45 PM
Aside from the Moutain Lions potentially hurting you and your pet (I am sorry to hear about your Coon!), sounds like you live in paradise. I agree, Lexie probably thinks she is HUGE and the house protector from the mean Elks.

:welcome2: :welcome2: :welcome2: :welcome2: :welcome2: to the DLC!!

Laurie' s Dachshunds
06-27-2006, 09:40 AM
How close do the Elk come to your place? Is it possible to take a pic & post it on here?
You have a brave lil' weeiner there! My Reesee is the watch dog here! She will growl & bark at anything she sees outside the window.

Lee Anne
06-27-2006, 10:00 AM
Go Lexie GO!:cheer2: Nice to see you here Terri!! :hula1:

Jen
06-29-2006, 12:17 PM
Wow, elk, cool. We need pics of Lexie barking at them!