PDA

View Full Version : Are your dogs in your dreams?

natfro
12-15-2005, 02:11 PM
I just wondered if any one else frequently has one of their furkids present in a dream.

I do. Unfortunately, they are more like nightmares most of the time. I've always been a little paranoid and overly protective (hey I am a big girl, I can admit that!) of Tabby.

Last night was a doosie. In the dream, hubby and I had to go somewhere but we left Tabby with a dogsitter (I think it may have been a family member-that part is fuzzy). I don't know exactly what happened, but Tabby got loose from this person. The person, in the dream, didn't call us to say "come immediately". The person just waited for us to get done, where ever we were, and arrive to pick her up. When we arrived the person said that Tabby had been missing for about 6 hours. Sheer panic in my dream, absolute hysteria. I couldn't find her, we looked and looked, I was just in this ungodly panic in the dream. I couldn't calm myself down.

Well I'll tell you what, I woke up in a panic, covered in sweat, breathing very hard, and I of course reach for my stack of pillows on the bed and start grasping and grabbing at everything until I felt her fur. She was sound asleep, burrowed in my pillows-like always. At this point I should go back to sleep, but no. I have to physically grab her, wake her up, flip on every light in the bedroom and look at every single bit of her little body.

This isn't my first one of these "bad dreams". I hate them. They totally add to my overprotectiveness. First of all I never leave Tabby with ANYONE, EVER. Secondly, she wouldn't run off. She's like velcro to me.

The bad ones are always the same, Tabby goes missing and I cannot locate her.

Now another dream I had was something to do with food. This was about a month ago on a Saturday morning. Hubby said he was leaving for work, came in to kiss me goodbye. He said both Tabby and I were sound asleep. He said "I love you, see you at noon", and he said I said "Okay, bring me and Tabby a fish sandwich". I don't remember it, but hubby wouldn't make up something that stupid, and I do talk in my sleep.

Being pregnant I am not sleeping all that well to begin with, then the Tabby dream. I just get back to sleep and Indy (ACD) decides to pick on Fred (cat) who WAS asleep, and Indy proceeds to get her butt whipped by the cat at 3am right in the middle of the darn bed.

I guess it's all part of life, if not for the furkids I would have no stories to tell! :rotfl:

Rafi
12-15-2005, 02:17 PM
Well I'm not sure if this fits in this thread but, with me I fall asleep on the couch and its a Free For All on Daddy!!!. When I wake up Lisa tells me how the pupps were taking advantage of the situation licking my face, jumping on and off the couch using me as a jungle gym etc..

Puppen
12-15-2005, 02:45 PM
The first week that Puppen was here she was just so tiny and seemed so frail with her wobbly puppy walk and sucking on everything soft, I had terrible nightmares about her going missing or smothering under the burrow of binkies or choking (which she did once for real as you all may recall)...that week was just terrible. I never NEVER leave them behind for more than a few hours alone unless I HAVE TO and then my neighbor will come over and spend some time with them at intervails and give them a "scooby" snack Comfort Foods for the furkids :) If it's over night we have a list of Pet accepting hotels with their numbers so we can reserve a room ahead of time. and if That can't be arranged, then my neighbor will come as usual but will spend the night here with them and keep the routine alive. She's great, been my best friend for 13 years. :)

Otto'sMom
12-15-2005, 03:22 PM
I dream of my dogs all the time. Usually mine are very happy, I can't recall having a panic nightmare about them.

K2
12-15-2005, 04:14 PM
Here's my latest dream:

My mom(who is Jamie Lee Curtis in my dream~don't ask me why) has a whole tray of Christmas candy that is shaped like Christmas trees. She tells me that one is made of soap.

Then she tells me that she fed that one to Pippit! I freak out and she laughs at me. I grab her by the collar and tell her to tell me what kind of soap so that I can tell the vet. Again, she laughs. Then I slap her across the face.

Wonder what this means....

Goob
12-15-2005, 04:18 PM
Here's my latest dream:
My mom(who is Jamie Lee Curtis in my dream~don't ask me why)
Wonder what this means....

That you think Jamie Lee Curtis is out to snatch Pippit? :scratch:

I have drempt that I couldn't find Snooter before and woke up in a panic!

Rae
12-15-2005, 04:20 PM
ummmm.. are you going to your mom's for Christmas? Just asking...no particular reason...

Jacqueline
12-15-2005, 04:33 PM
Last night I had a nightmare that Taffy and I were attacked by dogs. I guess I don't need a shrink to tell me that it's a hangover from having the pit bull across the street come after us. There were more than one dog in the dream, and I know that I was fighting them off as much as I could.....and then Taffy woke me up kissing me and nudging me.

Did she know I was having a nightmare? She has never woke me up like that before. If she needs out she just yips. Makes you wonder?

Patt
12-15-2005, 07:39 PM
I guess I'm pretty fortunate... no dreams here.

Jen
12-15-2005, 08:06 PM
I do have nightmares where Tasha is hurt or missing. And other dreams where she's just a part of them, running around all happy. With the bed dreams I always have to reach over the side of the bed and make sure she's curled up on her bed and breathing....

oceangirls
12-15-2005, 08:07 PM
Did she know I was having a nightmare? She has never woke me up like that before.

I bet she did - maybe you were moving or making sounds and she could tell you were worried.

My dreams about my dogs have been happy usually. Sometimes one of my puppers who has gone to the Bridge will be back. I usually dream in the early AM when I am kind of half-awake and half-asleep, so on some level I know I am dreaming when it happens. I feel bad for all of you who are having nightmares; it sounds awful!! :( - that usually only happens to me if I drink a lot of caffeine before bed... (my mom and I both notice we have violent dreams when we do that)

Fluffy
12-16-2005, 01:19 AM
In my dreams Ben is still alive and its just wonderful. All five dogs are in them (Cara's two) and they all get along and play...they even taught Ben what toys were (if you rolled a ball by him he just watched it like "ok, its rolling I don't feel like getting up" then would just look at you like "you never learn I do not play with toys." It makes me so incredibly happy, then I wake up. Sometimes when I first wake up (I'm REALLY stupid when I first wake up), I don't realize its a dream and actually look for him...The first few times I had the dream, I didn't realize how much I missed him. Now they make me kind of happy because I see him exactly how he was before he died. He was such a sweet dog and its nice to remember.

JanUet
12-16-2005, 11:06 AM
My dreams are always happy about my 2 pupperz. Occassionally I dream that Pixel and Pogo are mine too! :rotfl:

I wake up and realize that it is almost 9am, see my pupperz still sleeping by my side. If i did have Pixel and Pogo.....I know I would be up before 6am! :rotfl: :lol: