PDA

View Full Version : Owen WEAVED!!!!!! Sorry-this is LONG but I'm so happy!))

areese
06-27-2006, 08:17 AM
or wove...I suppose I should say Owen performed the weaves. AT HOME!
He can only weave inside at the dog school. And he does it wonderfully-fast, head down, really nice. He was trained using chicken wired guides around the poles, then these wires that attach. He can do them without wires at class. But at home, he absolutely would not/could not do the weaves. Even with the wires. Dogs don't generalize well, so because they are different and stick into the ground, without the metal at the bottom, I thought he just didn't realize what they were. But then he couldn't do the school weaves outside there either. He'd just look at them or walk through like the second pole and stare at me. Would not be led through-he got very stubborn and sat down. I took him to a friend's house, couldn't weave there either. Absolutely could not do them unless dragged through which I won't do. I even resorted to trying to lure him through with food (which is really dumb but I wanted him to try) and it would not work.
I think o well...he'll get it someday. Then he finished CPE level 1 standard this weekend which means he moves up to level 2 where they have weaves in the course! And he's entered July 8 and 9....
So I take him out and get him to at least go through two poles with the clicker (he loves the clicker!!). The two more off-set. So he's walking between two poles...then two more behind them. he's doing well so I keep moving them closer. Soon he is doing 4 weaves (we generally do 6-Laika does 12 in competition usually) So I think what the heck, I'll get the wires out and two more poles. There he goes-like a little expert! Like there was never a problem. And I tried them every day last week until I was getting frustrated and making him worried...he couldn't do them AT ALL.
What a boy...can't wait to do them today!!!!
YAY OWEY!!!!

Tex
06-27-2006, 08:20 AM
Way to go Owen!!!!!!!!! That's so awsome that he got it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

oceangirls
06-27-2006, 08:23 AM
Way to go, Owen! I knew he had talents other than his EXTREME CUTENESS!

Lisa
06-27-2006, 08:53 AM
I KNEW he was a little smartie (on top of being gorgeous!). WTG Owen :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Oh Ya ---->:loveu: Mr. Cuteness!

Laurie' s Dachshunds
06-27-2006, 09:54 AM
:cheer2: YAH!!!! :cheer2: Good job Owen!!!:appl:

Lee Anne
06-27-2006, 09:58 AM
Handsome AND talented! Watch out Greyson, Rowdie is eyeing a new man!!:hearts:

Rae
06-27-2006, 11:41 AM
I KNEW he was a little smartie (on top of being gorgeous!). WTG Owen :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

:ditto:

Puppers with talent amaze me. Duchie's sole functions are loving and being loved...which is enough... but I am impressed with Owen and his talents.

lizzieb38
06-27-2006, 12:26 PM
WoooHooooo Owen. That's a great pupper!:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Jen
06-27-2006, 02:50 PM
:wow: He finally got it!! Too cool. :congrats: Hope he can do them at the trial too!!

areese
06-27-2006, 04:05 PM

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c396/scoutyreese/lubyoutoo.jpg

jenfer
06-27-2006, 07:21 PM
Hey, weaves are not easy. Gigi likes to forget how to weave every other week. Go figure :rolleyes:

Mama S.
06-27-2006, 07:44 PM
Way to go Owen:appl: :cheer2: :appl: :cheer2: See - that dumb ole sister aint no better than you - just had that talent hidden away!!!
Mama

Frzframe
06-27-2006, 11:22 PM
Go Owen, go Owen it's your...weave day. I'm so proud of you Owen. :cheer2: