PDA

View Full Version : Trixie and the fraudulent Prince

Da Brat
06-27-2006, 09:54 PM
Well, we had our first toad encounter tonight and Lord was it HILARIOUS!! At first Trix didn't know what to make of the thing and then it jumped and she got this "Oh no it just DIN'T!!" And off she jumped after it! Not only was it great seeing her frog hop around the yard like a puppy chasing bugs, but it was hilarious watching her jump around like a goober!! She must have played with this poor frog for 10 minutes and then she decided she wanted to taste it.... I thought I was going to hurt myself laughing at her! She jumped back like "WOAH, WTF?!?!" Foamin' at the mouth shakin her head.. I thought I was gonna die.. And she kept going back for more!! When I finally couldn't take it anymore I saved the poor frog and brought Trixie in the house. Billy took one look at her foam and all and was like, "What in the world happened to her?!!?!" And I am still having fits of giggles as she goes trotting around the house looking for more frogs!! :rotfl: :rotfl:

Oh, and needless to say, after all the kisses, he never turned into the prince... :sosad:

Frzframe
06-27-2006, 11:27 PM
:rotfl:

Awwwwwwwww it's it great to see her first encounters with different things?

lizzieb38
06-27-2006, 11:34 PM
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: Oh boy, another crazy frog licker:duh: in our group:rotfl: :rotfl:

Tex
06-28-2006, 08:52 AM
I'm sure Billy thought she had an encounter with a rabid bat or something with all the foam. Too funny!

areese
06-28-2006, 09:38 AM
I guess that must be what Laika had an encounter with under the deck the other day. She was under there making excited noises and when she FINALLY answered my increasingly frantic calls and emerged, her whole head was covered with spider webs and she was foaming at the mouth. Freaked me out. But I remembered Sandi's toad posts... tried rinsing it out but it just kept coming and of course she HAD to sit in my computer chair so it was getting all wet.
I shoulda taken a pic for you all....
I was kinda scared about all that foam.......

laura
06-28-2006, 10:05 AM
That is a great story!! Guess you won't be flying my way, huh?

Rae
06-28-2006, 10:56 AM
Oh, and needless to say, after all the kisses, he never turned into the prince... :sosad:

ummmm. they never do, Sissy... they just never do. That is why I started with a prince this time.

Otto'sMom
06-28-2006, 11:01 AM
I thought the saying was you have to kiss a few frogs to get a prince.
What do you get for licking a few toads, other than a good foamy mouth?

Your story is :rotfl: hilarious! When Dolly discovered a turtle for the first time, it was pure comedy, I can just see Trixie doing the WTF?? look.:rotfl:

Michelle
06-28-2006, 11:27 AM
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Oh,I can only imagine how funny that was,, we don't have any toads right in our immediate area, so Heidi and Princess will never get to experience that excitement.

Any Florida doxies have fun with all the lizards that run around the place???

Otto'sMom
06-28-2006, 11:29 AM
Not a FL doxie, but I've seen a lizard or 2 on my deck, and they're too fast for my houndies. French fries are more their speed.

Anatresia
06-28-2006, 11:34 AM
That's cute! We don't have any critters like that in the city. Mine would probably be scared of frogs.:rotfl:

Jen
06-28-2006, 11:52 AM
We've never run into frogs or toads here. Too funny that you have another toad licker! :rotfl: Take Trix to Mama's place and you could have two stoned puppers!

areese
06-28-2006, 12:18 PM
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Oh,I can only imagine how funny that was,, we don't have any toads right in our immediate area, so Heidi and Princess will never get to experience that excitement.

Any Florida doxies have fun with all the lizards that run around the place???

My sister's JRT (they live in FL) is fast enough to catch the lizards but they wreak HAVOC on his digestive system. He gets the runs and they come out pretty much whole and cause a lot of irritation on the way. Mucous and blood even. TMI I know :)

Jacqueline
06-28-2006, 02:36 PM
My sister's JRT (they live in FL) is fast enough to catch the lizards but they wreak HAVOC on his digestive system. He gets the runs and they come out pretty much whole and cause a lot of irritation on the way. Mucous and blood even. TMI I know :)

Eewww....another reason to keep the little lizzies safe from the girls.

Mama S.
06-29-2006, 10:04 PM
Oscar stepped up and showed the new kid the ropes!!!:rotfl: :rotfl: I try very hard to limit his toad encounters but he always manages to find one... OH well a stoned doxie is a happy doxie..
Mama

Laurie' s Dachshunds
06-30-2006, 09:17 AM
I can' t imagine this, mine have never got one! I think I only have Frogs here.
We have some Tree Frogs too.

Mama you gotta put in a Goldfish pond! That way the toads have a place to hide!

Mama S.
06-30-2006, 02:14 PM
FUnny you mention that - da brat and i were talking about that. My only concern is keepin da herd out! My idiots would probably try and git da fishies!!!
Mama

silverdapplebnt
07-01-2006, 10:20 AM
We have toads here but Lexie hasn't encountered one yet. Now I can't wait until she does. It should be hysterical. lol

Terri and Lexie