PDA

View Full Version : Bunny extravaganza in the park!

Jen
06-29-2006, 12:30 PM
We took Tasha to Prospect Park on Tue night, the first day without rain in a week I think. And the rabbits were everywhere!

We sat down in a field to have our picnic and I had the flexi leash between my legs, and a foccacia bread on my lap and was tearing it in half when zoom off Tasha went after a huge bunny. There was no way to grab the leash while balancing the food so off she went, DH chasing after. Fortunately she stopped at the edge of the woods. :relieved: This with a police van 30 yards away busting two people for off lead dogs....well Tasha was on lead, we just weren't holding it. :rolleyes:

Anyhow, we ate our supper and as we were preparing to continue the walk, another big bunny shows up. :shocked: I grab the leash from Rich and we took off after it. Then we continue into the woods after it vanishes, and there's a man on a bike staring into the woods. Two more rabbits, and off she goes (felt bad since he was watching them but I didn't see them till it was too late). When we got down by the lake area we found at least 4 more bunnies in assorted fields and Tasha and I chased 'em all, while DH said I was mean to terrorize them--well Tasha was in full predator mode and having a blast--and we were just teaching them survival skills, right??

When we got home we gave her some rabbit treats--since she didn't get the real thing! :rotfl:

Normally we might see one or two on a trip, but this was about a dozen! Guess they were making up eating time since it has been so rainy.

Otto'sMom
06-29-2006, 12:41 PM
What a blast! I hate to be mean to the bunnies and squirrels, but it's so much fun to let our puppers have a good time doing what they were born to do.

Michelle
06-29-2006, 03:51 PM
I just love to watch the girls have fun like that too, I love the little bunnies, but it is so hilarious to watch the weiners chasing after them..

Sounds like Tasha had a marvelous time!!!!!!

JanUet
06-29-2006, 04:03 PM
Go Tasha Go! :cheer2: :cheer2:

So? :scratch: Where are the pictures?

Jen
06-29-2006, 04:33 PM
Uh well, there HAVE been a lot of muggings around the park, is that an acceptable excuse??

Dijon04
06-29-2006, 04:50 PM
tashsa's starting the newest fad...

how to lose weight for the summer....chase a bunny with your weiner.....i'm sure you burned a few calories *L*

on another note i saw a bunny the other day (not a usual occurence for me) so i was all happy

Lisa
06-29-2006, 04:54 PM
What a good little huntress Tasha is! Sounds like she was having a blast!

This with a police van 30 yards away busting two people for off lead dogs....well Tasha was on lead, we just weren't holding it. Made me :lol: So funny!

jenfer
06-29-2006, 05:05 PM
I agree on refreshing the bunnies' survival skill. At least Tasha was on leash. Probably Gi will go after the bunnies too. :scratch:

K2
06-29-2006, 05:19 PM
Sounds like a fun day for Tasha!! And just think~you got a workout, too! :rotfl:

Laurie' s Dachshunds
06-29-2006, 07:04 PM
Great work out for you both! Gets the dog tire out too.

Did you ever see the birds any more? I hope you get some pics of them, it would be so cool!

Jen
06-29-2006, 07:35 PM
We do see birds Laurie. There's a family of swans we see every time...the cignets used to ride on the parents back, now they're getting big--but still grey. We see all types of herons--night, green, blue, the occasional egret. I SHOULD take the camera with us most often!!

And Tasha was on the 25" flexi lead so she got pretty far into the woods after the bunnies.

areese
06-29-2006, 09:19 PM
I think Laurie meant those parrots??? Didn't you see them in a park?

Tex
06-30-2006, 09:55 AM
Sidenote: when I was little we had beagles and a bunny. Well the bunny got so big that it would actually chase the beagles!!!! Take about backwards....:duh:

Jen
06-30-2006, 10:54 AM
Haven't see the parrots again. They usually are in the cemetary a few blocks from the park.

Laurie' s Dachshunds
06-30-2006, 12:10 PM
Yeah, I meant the Parrots...but all those other birds sound really cool too!
Yes, you must take camera. Gotta see all those interesting birds!

Mama S.
07-11-2006, 08:24 PM
SInce she was only chasing and not catching - I think it was great exercise for our girl!! Now I think I might come up with a better title than chase a bunny wif your weenie for the DVD:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Mama