View Full Version : Snickers the great hunter!

Schroeders Mom
12-15-2005, 07:00 PM
Well, Snickers did it, it was only a matter of time, but she did it, how we don't know...Snickers Killed da Wabbit :holyshp: ! She chased it, cought it and killed it...and then tried to....have a snack :eek: . The hubby got the job of getting it away from her (she growled at him like she meant business :evilgrin: ), but he got it away. I must say, this is the first time I'm glad he didn't take her picture :rotfl:

Lisa
12-15-2005, 07:24 PM
:holyshp:

Ewww, and great job!!

I don't know if I could handle it, but I know both mine would have no hesitation going after something soft and fluffy either.

Patt
12-15-2005, 07:31 PM
Poor rabbit. :sosad:

Jen
12-15-2005, 08:46 PM
:holyshp: :holyshp: Wow. Tasha will chase them, but doesn't have the killer instict....Not fun to clean up, I'm sure. Snickers just wanted a raw diet eh??

Puppen
12-15-2005, 09:07 PM
i feel sorry for the bunny!!:sosad: it's the hunting instinct

lotsadox
12-15-2005, 09:25 PM
Poor bunny. :sosad: At least the DH was there to get it away from her. Mine always get something when he isn't here and I have to do the removal/disposal. Eeeewwwww!

Linus
12-15-2005, 10:05 PM
Snickers, that is not very lady-like! Oh well, doxies will be doxies!! :shocked:

Mama S.
12-16-2005, 04:23 PM
Ohhh a bunny.. I don't even want to think about what my herd would do if a bunny got in the yard. But hey - Snickers needed to protect you from that evil creature!
Sandi

Rafi
12-16-2005, 04:30 PM
If these guys/gals were used to hunt Badgers, a rabbit must be piece of cake. I wouldnt want to walk into that mess either.

oceangirls
12-16-2005, 05:15 PM
I wouldn't handle that very well. I found a dead lizard behind a chair (I thought it was a - um - dog dropping, so I tried to pick it up with a paper towel and realized it was slimy). Then I freaked out and couldn't make my hand go back and pick it up :rolleyes:. My DH had to do it and wasn't real pleased, since he was trying to eat his dinner at the time.

It would not be fun to be killed by my girls - they toy with their prey (which is mostly bugs). Pick it up, put it down, mouth it a little. :faint:

I am not sure whether to congratulate Snickers or sympathize with you :confused: . :D

Alex's Mom
12-17-2005, 08:09 AM
This reminds me of Alex's one and only hunting attempt...which was quite accidental. The house we were living in then had a huge fenced in dog run which opened from the garage. I let her out to do her thing, she shot off the step, made a dive, I heard a squeak and when the dust settled, she had a (now dead, thank goodness!) mouse in her jaws. The funny thing was that judging by the look on her face she had absolutely no idea what to do with it...I'm not even sure she knew what she'd done, just that the instincts kicked in. I dashed back into the house, grabbed a treat, and she quite happily traded dead icky mouse for yummy treat. Hunter wanna be, maybe?

Paula & Alex

FL030+
12-17-2005, 09:32 PM
Rabbit Fricassee:
In a large saucepan, heat the oil and brown the rabbit on both sides. Add onions, peppers, and garlic, and saute for 10 minutes. Add paprika, bay leaves, oregano, tomatoes, sherry, and chicken stock. Cook for 1 hour. Add potatoes, capers, and dried cherries. Cook for 1 more hour, or until potatoes are tender. Serve and garnish with sweet peas and parsley.

Snickers may wish to omit the onions and spices in light of the health concerns.

Quite a nice catch, but I think it would freak me out too :shocked: ...

Note:scratch: : May also be tried with Squirrel, Lizard, Mouse or any other readily available fun-to-catch critter.

LUVMYGUNNER
12-17-2005, 09:50 PM
OOHH that poor bunny.:sosad: