PDA

View Full Version : The Anipals on Watch

Otto'sMom
07-04-2006, 12:28 PM
My 4th of July started off early. I was actually pretty psyched to get up and out of bed because I knew I had to get the hounds prepped to come with me to stand watch. I don't know if they knew what was going on. I'd packed the truck the night before (something I've never done before when preparing for a duty day)
They all had their breakfast and gone outside for potties/poops and then settled in for a normal work day routine. Otto went to the fortress of Grrtitude with Grrrt, Austin went and hid under the bed, cause I don't know to look for him there so I can't put him in his nice kennel :rolleyes: , Dolly and Buddy settled into the bedroom and Mimi on the dogbed.
I get dressed, get my purse and open the door to the garage and tell them to get in. They're all like "wha:scratch: " I tell them again and it's :dogwalk: they're just happy to be going somewhere with mom.

I get to work, and get everybody and everything into my office, the building is empty except for the other person I'm in charge of. I take the pups on the rounds with me, and they had a ball. Grrrt had to watch the office for me (knew she couldn't keep up with our walk) but we made sure there were no intruders and locked the doors to all the buildings.
They got to run around the floor I'm on like ninnies and skidded around corners, it's a blast. I can't imagine ever standing a watch without them. We located and secured a stray piece of pizza in one building, they're true heros.
We're sitting in my office now, with Otto and Grrrt on my lap as I type. Buddy is tucked into a corner, Dolly variates between under the desk and the dog bed by the door. Mimi had staked a claim to the chair across from my desk and Austin is at my feet sleeping with his head on the dictionary :awww:

I can't take photos because cameras aren't allowed in the building. But this is the best duty day EVER! I might even take a dog to work on a daily basis. No one would really say anything to me, and if they're good, why not?

They got to run around the compound and investigate all sorts of good smells. Dolly had her nose deep in the drain grate. They jumped streams and waded through puddles. I'm having a blast and the day is flying by.

I brought in my own TV that I'd gotten when I first moved down here and I'm watching my "Dog Whisperer" dvds. One just ended but I don't want to get up and disturb Otto and Grrrt.

This is so cool.

Tex
07-04-2006, 12:52 PM
Man, your work day sounds better than my day off!!!! Can we come too? I won't pick on you for not posting pics 'cause I understand the military mentality thing when it comes to photography.....anyway, sounds like ya'll are having a great day. Have some fun for me too ok!?!

JanUet
07-04-2006, 12:57 PM
:yay: Sounds Like a Perfect Day! :toot:
I would bring a Pupper to work with me everyday If i could, It just makes the day a whole lot more fun!

Glad you got to bond with the crew....even at work! :hearts: :hearts:

Laurie' s Dachshunds
07-04-2006, 01:07 PM
Sounds great! I' m glad you get to enjoy working today!

Otto'sMom
07-04-2006, 01:42 PM
I am enjoying it. I just got back from a run around the building with Grrrrt and the anipals. Someone came into the building and Austin escourted him to his truck (accompanied by yells from me, :bleep: Austin :mad:) He's going to lose his off leash privelages.

Lee Anne
07-04-2006, 01:58 PM
Haha! His off leash privs! GONE! Don't make me write you up young man! Wow! I'm so glad you are allowed to bring your buddies in like that. Remembering back to all the times I had to stand duty and was so bored I thought I would die.... I'm jealous but so HAPPY for you and your buddies. Doxie heaven is to get to "go too!"

:fourth:
Lee Anne and the Gang

Frzframe
07-04-2006, 02:03 PM
Poor fella thought he was helping. :sosad: tee-hee

Glad they are making the day go by faster and funner for you. :D

Goob
07-04-2006, 02:24 PM
It's win-win Andrea - you have your puppers with you AND they are learning the value of a hard earned dollar. :rotfl:

catstamm
07-04-2006, 02:28 PM
Wow sounds like a blast....to bad we can't see pics!:confused:

lotsadox
07-04-2006, 02:46 PM
What a great workday! :banana: :banana: For you and for them! :cheer2: :cheer2:

Otto'sMom
07-04-2006, 03:31 PM
Wow sounds like a blast....to bad we can't see pics!:confused:

Yep, no cell phones, no text messages no cameras, there are 6 things banned on the front door. I'm at a secret squirrel command.
I wish I could take pics. I just saw the most giantest grasshopper I've ever seen, got Dolly to poke her nose at it but hilarity did not ensue. It just climbed up the building. I was just relaxing with Mimi and Grrrrt on my lap. "Heaven, I'm in heaven :)"
Austin marked one of the concrete columns out in the passageway too. He now owns the building, in his mind.:rolleyes: Who am I kidding? He owns EVERYTHING in his mind.

areese
07-04-2006, 04:15 PM
Sounds like a great day :)

Jen
07-05-2006, 10:40 AM
If you have to work the holiday, at least you can take the puppers. :woohoo:

Sounds like a pretty great work day!