View Full Version : Otto going in for Dental

Otto'sMom
07-06-2006, 11:34 AM
Otto has been yiping in pain recently and won't gnaw stuff with his front chompers. He's got some strong stank breff, little stink lines eminating from his head in cartoon form :faint:, so I'm sure it's his teeth. I called and made the appointment yesterday and the soonest they could get him in was the 12th. Poor little fella:hug99: I wish it could be done sooner, but he's still eating, peeing, pooping normally~ just not chomping stuff with his front teeth. He'll forget and try to get at something in the Kong toy and YIPE!!! He already had one chomper pulled last year about this time, I'm expecting more.

Tex
07-06-2006, 12:46 PM
Poor Otto!!! Jax desparately needs to go in for a dental too, and it's covered in his wellness plan...what I don't know (and can't get the vet to tell me!) is how much it's going to cost if he ends up needing a tooth/teeth pulled!!!! I just need an estimate here people!!! Anywho, sending big dental :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for Otto!!!!

lotsadox
07-06-2006, 01:06 PM
Poor Otto! Sweetums says she know just how he feels. When she came into rescue she needed and dental and they had to pull one of her remaining 11 teeth. But she doesn't have any trouble eating. One 10 teeth and one canine and she can gum and piece to steak in record time. :banana: :banana: Sending :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for Otto.

Frzframe
07-06-2006, 01:16 PM
Poor Otto. :(

Charlie wouldn't eat much at all when he came into rescue and OH MY GOSH talk about rank breath. The board needed to take a poll on getting his teeth cleaned but I couldn't wait so if they'd decided not to pay for it I would've been out the money. But talk about :vomit: breath but I couldn't go near him with out gaging. He ended up having 28 teeth pulled (well most fell out because they were held in by tarter build up) and he already had some missing. But now he's doing great thank goodness.

Jen
07-06-2006, 01:23 PM
Poor Otto! Ouch. I still have an on and off toothache from a filling June 14th. I sympathize.

Maybe someone will cancel and they can bump up his appointment? Sending no tooth pain :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz:

Lee Anne
07-06-2006, 01:31 PM
:bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: to Otto! I'm sorry he's feeling so poorly and you can't get him in sooner. :hug99:
Georgann, my old vet charged around $25 each tooth they had to pull (since the dog was already under.)

Otto'sMom
07-06-2006, 01:36 PM
I wish they could get him in sooner, but it isn't like it was in Norfolk. I think they only do surgery on a certain day of the week so that's what I'll have to settle for. He's not crying, only when he forgets or hits his snout on something, and he's still first one done with his food, trying to steal someone elses. He's just got to tough it out for a few more days.

Alex's Mom
07-06-2006, 01:41 PM
The only thing I'd be worrying about is that there might be an infection in there, which is why it's sore when he whacks it; you wouldn't want it to get into his system! Just a thought :)

Otto'sMom
07-06-2006, 01:44 PM
Hadn't thought of that. I'll give the vet a call when I get home and see what they advise.

Patt
07-07-2006, 01:58 AM
Sorry I'm late on this. I would call the vet and see if you can get antibiotics ahead of time. Tell him about the pain he has, it could be a possible infection. It's not unusual to give antibiotics before the dental especially with senior's.
Sending lots of :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: to dear sweet Otto.