View Full Version : Very bad barfies today

Kerie
07-07-2006, 04:15 PM
We've been through it before and I feel like I know what to do, when to call the vet etc. We have Pepcid and an anti-nausea drug. But today it was 3times and it was a LOT each time. And he tried to eat it each time. And one time, I threw up just from having to clean it. Sometimes he is not phased by it, but today he is mopey, maybe a little dehydrated?? I just want :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: I want them for Oscar and for my poor bedroom rug, that was hit by 2 of the 3 vomit sessions!

I watched him outside b/c we already know that he has been eating something odd (b/c of his crazy poop issues). But I don't see him eating anything. Yesterday morning he went under the deck to hide from the rain. I wonder if something was under there.

quavec
07-07-2006, 04:18 PM
Due to all of the rain you've been getting, could it be mushrooms? And he's eating them completely so there is no evidence? Or maybe some mold/grass type thing? Down here, the humidity causes 'shrooms and moldy grass all the time. We really have to watch Cricket.

Kerie
07-07-2006, 04:40 PM
Due to all of the rain you've been getting, could it be mushrooms? And he's eating them completely so there is no evidence? Or maybe some mold/grass type thing? Down here, the humidity causes 'shrooms and moldy grass all the time. We really have to watch Cricket.

Haven't seen any, even at the neighbors' houses. But I'll pay more attention now!

Jen
07-07-2006, 04:43 PM
Wow, so bad it made you barf too? That's bad. I have seen a lot of 'shrooms in the parks here.

Did you ever get him checked for worms?

Sending :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for poor Oscar and your rug!

quavec
07-07-2006, 04:53 PM
I didn't post any :bigrayz: !! Here they are for Mr. Oscarman :bigrayz: :bigrayz: and some for mom's sympathy belly too :bigrayz: :bigrayz:

lotsadox
07-07-2006, 06:03 PM
No ideas, but sending :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz:

Tex
07-07-2006, 07:43 PM
Oh no....so sorry to hear that!!! Sending big :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for Oscar and you rug. And a big :hug99: for you too!

mydachsies
07-07-2006, 08:45 PM
:bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for poor Oscar's belly and for your tummy too.I can see blood,guts,brain matter,burned flesh but I can't see vomit either.Kinda weird huh?:scratch:

Patt
07-07-2006, 09:24 PM
:imsorry: to hear about Oscar, poor little guy. It does sound like he got into something not fit to eat. If the vomiting continues, suggest you withhold his food for 12 hrs. Be sure he has water though. Sending lots of tummy :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: to Oscar, I hope he feels better soon.

Kerie
07-07-2006, 10:40 PM
Well, we definitely think he got into something. But I swear I watch him so closely. Last week we noticed the seeds in his poop. We confirmed that those seeds were NOTworms but he is getting into something. Now this. he was a bit weak today. But my husband and I went out for a little while and he was sleeping when we left. When we got home, he was back to normal and jumping when he saw us!

jenfer
07-07-2006, 11:10 PM
Those long noses can be very sneaky. Sending you :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for speedy recovery and your sanity. :)

Kerie
07-10-2006, 03:18 PM
Went to the vet. Oscar got IV fluids, IV Pepcid and a few cans of I/D food. After the vet visit, he was on no food no water for almost 24 hours. We were supposed to reintroduce food a bit earlier, but he threw up again just as it was time for his first food. That was yesterday morning. No throw up since! The vet is certain that he ate something that he was not supposed to. Some dogs can tolerate eating stuff that they are not supposed to. History has shown that Oscar can never tolerate it. It's hard to understand b/c he is so muscular, not delicate in his disposition at all, but man does he have a sour stomach!!!!

On a lighter note, the vets office was like a day at the Circus. There were so many different dogs there in the waiting room and their interactions were really cute. The best behaved was a HUGE Great Dane. The other dogs kept trying to challenge her. She let out one deep bark and that was it!!! Oscar seemed to want to hump her, but he could not even reach the joints in her legs! He propped himself up on her and her leg was longer than his body, I think!

Otto'sMom
07-10-2006, 03:50 PM
Sorry to hear your baby has a delicate composition. Speedy:bigrayz: for an iron tummy.

Patt
07-10-2006, 09:02 PM
Aww I'm sorry to hear Oscar worsened. I'm sure the IV fluids helped the little man. Sending DLC magical healing :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: and :pray:ers his way. I hope he is feeling better soon. :crossfin:

oceangirls
07-10-2006, 09:28 PM
I hope he's doing better now, Kerie!!

Dachshunds will try to eat anything :rolleyes: One of mine eats paper.

Kerie
07-10-2006, 10:49 PM
I hope he's doing better now, Kerie!!

Dachshunds will try to eat anything :rolleyes: One of mine eats paper.

Oscar, too, with the paper! And he can jump and grab things off a high counter.

Anatresia
07-10-2006, 10:55 PM
Glad to hear he's better today. :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: to be back to normal soon!

Patt
07-12-2006, 05:44 PM
How is Oscar doing? I hope he's much better. :crossfin:

Mama S.
07-12-2006, 08:00 PM
Uggghhh - barfies are nooo fun! I'm lucky that most of my guys could eat anything with no problems! Hope he is still doing ok!!!
Mama

Bella's Mom
07-12-2006, 10:08 PM
So glad to hear Oscar is feeling better! More :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: coming his way!

Kerie
07-15-2006, 01:36 AM
doing much better but still eating the I/D food only. He'll go back to his regular food, but stay on the Pepcid for a while, again!

Patt
07-15-2006, 02:09 AM
:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: Great news! I hope Oscar continues on the road to good health. :crossfin: