PDA

View Full Version : Brags

areese
07-10-2006, 08:57 AM
Yet another agility weekend.....
The Weens did well. Laika wasn't as good as she has been before at this AWESOME facility but she did ok. She "Q-d" four out of eight and only had two barking incidents. During one run we were doing the last three obstacles (which she always does the fastest LOL) and she got something (real or imagined) on her butt so tries to look at it or something while she was running, does this sorta summersault and keeps going. Everyone was laughing. We were over time. She had some sort of brain fart at the beginning of our jumpers run (just jumps and tunnels) and was woofing and looking around (there was a rattling AC vent in the ceiling...Laika believes she is in charge of everything I think...even maintenance) but then ran like heck so we ended up qualifying anyway. My friend held her by the ring for me before our runs while I played with Owen until the last minute-did wonders for her motivation. We need 24 more Q's (of various sorts) to get our championship now. I think it really might happen!
Owen was SO good. He qualified three out of his four runs. People came up to me and said he must be a border collie disguised as a dachshund. I love running him so much I am gonna start entering him in everything.
OMGM almost forgot-he WEAVED. IN competition. Had a false start in them but then did them perfectly. whoohooo! What a lil man he is....
I am proud of them. I love running at that place..the floor is this thick padded foamy rubber stuff...springy but not sticky. MY knees don't even hurt after a whole weekend...the place is huge so there's room to crate and the ring is huge too so the courses can be so wide and sweeping and fun to run. Great judge this weekend too...
You know..there were prob. 100 plus dogs there and their owners and there was just fun and laughing and no unpleasantness or meaness...It's really a fun thing to do.

Tex
07-10-2006, 09:11 AM
Sounds like a great weekend!!! Hopefully someone got some pics you can post for us later......:way2go: Owen & Laika!!!!

catstamm
07-10-2006, 09:14 AM
Awesome Amy...this agility stuff sounds like a full time job?????
Congratulations on the pups doing well :appl: :appl:

Rae
07-11-2006, 04:39 PM
good job kids! the only time Duchie is agile is when she is wangling for food items or belly rubbins, so I am in awe of the "trained weens" on our board!
:bow:

Mama S.
07-11-2006, 08:01 PM
That is fabulous!!!! I am sooo thrilled with both of them!!!!
Mama

Lisa
07-11-2006, 08:03 PM
:congrats: Amy!! Great job :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

Jill
07-17-2006, 08:38 PM
Awesome!!!!

Anatresia
07-17-2006, 08:40 PM
That's great! :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: I am hoping to get my little evil one in agilty, but she'll probably have that barking issue Laika has... :sosad:

Romandachs
07-17-2006, 10:46 PM
They do so well and seem to have fun. You should be VERY proud of all of their accomplishments.

Tanya
07-17-2006, 11:53 PM
Great job!!! :cheer2: :banana: :cheer2:

I love hearing your agility stories! One day we'll get there! :)