PDA

View Full Version : It's official my herd does not like ice

Mama S.
12-16-2005, 03:15 PM
We had a hard rain last night and then the temps fell.:freezing: I wasn't paying attention this morning when I opened the back door for the herd to blast through. Sam & Hershey are racing at top speed to get to the ramp to potty. :seeya: :eek: BOTH hit the ramp at warp speed and SLID all the way down toenails clicking trying to get traction. WHOMP - right on their butts into the leaves they had so nicely nosed up for me.
I was :rotfl: so hard , I triggered an asthma attack :scared1: and had to reach for my inhaler. Needless to say the only thing hurt was pride - they both sat at the end looking cross eyed wondering what happened.:conf4: I laughed that much harder.
Then when potty time was done - Sam ( who may not be so Wise) tries to launch himself back up the ramp and skidded right off the side :huh: I'm so glad that nobody was hurt - just my ribs. Going to have to figure out how to keep the ramp from doing that - we are coming into our cold snap season and will probably have more ice. Can't have babies getting hurt.
Sandi

Lisa
12-16-2005, 03:37 PM
OMG, that must have been hilarious! They are too funny when they hit some ice, mine are learning, they go strait for the snow now because they know it means traction.

Sounds like you had a kodak moment this morning!

Nancy
12-16-2005, 03:41 PM
What a riot!!! :rotfl: If only you had a video tape rolling at the same time!!

Molly slipped on the ice the other morning as well and the look on her face was too cute! Naturally, I picked her up and gave her a big kiss to let her know everything was o.k.!

Jen
12-16-2005, 04:18 PM
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: Sandi! I would have done the same thing.

Tasha tends to speed up over ice, to get to the dry sidewalk. But on those occasions she's being stubborn and refuses to walk...ice makes it easy to move her!!

oceangirls
12-16-2005, 10:27 PM
that's so funny. Poor little guys. Maybe a Ramp Tarp? Or Ramp Astro-turf?

Linus
12-16-2005, 10:34 PM
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: That's too funny!! Thanks for the laugh!

Patt
12-16-2005, 10:36 PM
Very funny :rotfl: :rotfl: poor little guys I'm glad they got their business tended to after all that. I guess a tarp sounds like a good idea, I've never lived in snow so I really don't know what to do with an icy ramp. :banana:

Fluffy
12-17-2005, 01:01 AM
I can just picture it!! :rotfl: Poor babies!! At least all that was hurt was their pride!!

Mama S.
12-17-2005, 08:20 AM
Out the door at warp speed again this morning... WAIITTTTT......... STOP - DEAD STILL. Hmmmm..... that nasty stuff on our ramp again:confused:
NOPE - ZOOOMMMMM:seeya: down to potty! YEAAHHHHHHHH
SAndi

lotsadox
12-17-2005, 12:57 PM
At least they learned. Poor Scooter had a hard time getting a grip on the fact that almost the floors in the downstairs of the house are tile or laminate. Every morning he would banzai out of his crate, slide down the hall, get enough of a grip to start to turn and, WHAM, run into the door sill going into the kitchen. This went on for about 2 weeks. The poor boy must have been bruised by the time he finally realized that he had to go a little slower until he got outside.

Pokeys Mom
12-17-2005, 01:30 PM
:lol: You are a master story teller! I almost snorted coffee, and am glad that everyone is OK. We used "Safe Paw Ice Melter" on the city part of our sidewalk so no one would slip and fall. It was very expensive at the time. Maybe play sand or kitty litter would help?

Sending warm sunny rays! :hula1:

Chapo's Mom
12-18-2005, 07:03 PM
Chapo does that on our tile floors! He'll start some zoomies in the house then start sliding around the kitchen! I think he likes sliding. He seems to do that when we call him on the patio and he'll just come to stop sliding on the concrete.