PDA

View Full Version : Ruby's back is acting up again

Frzframe
07-10-2006, 03:16 PM
although she isn't down and is still acting fairly normal. The last few days she's been grouchy and grunting more when I pick her up so I've been watching her really close. But. today she is worse so it's back on meds and crate rest which since she's still walking isn't going over very well. I hope she will be on the meds only a short time along with 2 - 4 weeks crate rest. We're playing it by ear to see how she does. :(

Rae
07-10-2006, 03:19 PM
although she isn't down and is still acting fairly normal. The last few days she's been grouchy and grunting more when I pick her up so I've been watching her really close. But. today she is worse so it's back on meds and crate rest which since she's still walking isn't going over very well. I hope she will be on the meds only a short time along with 2 - 4 weeks crate rest. We're playing it by ear to see how she does. :(
nooooooo.....

Love to the sweeet Ruby RoooOOOOO and :bigrayz: for a healthier back please!
I am so glad she is in such great hands, but sorry to hear she has had a setback.

Patt
07-10-2006, 04:34 PM
How long has it been since her last flare up? What meds is she taking? Sending tons of back healing :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: to Ruby Roo. :hug99:

quavec
07-10-2006, 04:37 PM
Poor gal, lots of gentle :hug99: and mega :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: to Ms. Ruby.

catstamm
07-10-2006, 04:48 PM
Ditto what Patt asked......We have a rescue pupper w/ a bad back also.....does she need surgery?
I'd love as much info as you can share....thanks

Frzframe
07-10-2006, 05:09 PM
She was finished with her meds on May 21st so that would've been March 23rd that she went down. She is on prednisone again. I'm going to see if I can get her in to the chiropractor right away.

catstamm
07-10-2006, 05:13 PM
Has she been to a Nuerologist for a diagnosis? So she was only off meds 2 days and the problem came back....hummm not good. Has she had xrays or a CT scan to see what is causing the problem?

Frzframe
07-10-2006, 05:18 PM
No it's been a few weeks now. She was on meds for 60 days and it took around 6 weeks for her to start acting normal. So I'd say she was doing great for like 10 - 12 weeks. I haven't had a consult on her just yet because she always responds to the meds and crate rest.

Alex's Mom
07-10-2006, 08:20 PM
Tons of :bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz: for Rubyroo's back, Shonda!! Hopefully you caught it in the very beginning of an attack...I know I learned to recognize when Maxe was beginning an attack, and immediately whacked the prednisone into her, and put her on crate rest for a week or 10 days, and the inflammation would usually subside. :crossfin: :crossfin: that she comes out of it without it getting any worse. And :hug99::hug99: for you...it's worrying, I know!

lotsadox
07-10-2006, 08:27 PM
I'm so :sorry: that Ruby's having problems again. Sending :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz:

oceangirls
07-10-2006, 09:20 PM
I'm so sorry, this has been such a long road for the two of you. We have plenty of rayz to send, though :rayz::muchlove::rayz::muchlove::rayz:

HotDogMama
07-10-2006, 09:29 PM
:bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: Lots of rays for Ruby Roo....... I hope she is okay :)

Lee Anne
07-11-2006, 12:37 AM
Yes, please keep us posted. As Cat said, Froggy's story is very similar. He's on his second round of crate rest and if he flares up again, it's off for a CT scan (he's only 8). Sending our :hearts: to sweet Ruby.

Mama S.
07-11-2006, 03:38 PM
Mega gigantic huge :bigrayz: that meds and rest will help again!!
Mama

areese
07-11-2006, 06:42 PM
Lot's of :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for Ruby Roo and you too.

silverdapplebnt
07-11-2006, 07:36 PM
Hoping Ruby recovers quickly sending prayers and lots of healing energy her way.

Tex
07-11-2006, 07:37 PM
So sorry to hear this....sending mega :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: !!!

kdavis2327
07-13-2006, 03:23 AM
:hearts: :hearts: ive had a total of 4 doxies my whole life... scooby whos still alive and is 17 years old (he lives with my mom), lacey who passed this past november and she was 12 years old, snoop who is 10 years old and still kicking he lives with scooby at my moms house and now with me at my home i have chesnut who is 7 months old... every doxie ive had has had back flares and problems except for chesnut but im sure eventually one day it will happen to him... im sure you ve heard the dont let them jump off and on things like the couch or what not cause its bad for there back... even if they only did it when they was younger it will catch up to them when they get older... most likely it was a flare up from any kind of jumping she use to or still does.... i have known a garlic IV to always help cause thats what the vet put my dogs on everytime they had the back flares and problems and then they would have to stay in a crate for 2 weeks... and as long as you watch them and there on an inflammatory theyll be fine... just make sure your doctor does not put you doxie on rimadyl cause i have found out that is very bad for small dogs and that it can cause kidney problems and bladder problems and can lead to diabetes i learned the hard way cause thats what caused my doxie lacey who passed her diabetes... so dont let him put your doxie on rimadyl... like i said the garlic iv has known to work well with my dogs just limit there playing and jumping even if its just in place or being excited ....so good luck just thought i would share my story:hearts: :hearts: