View Full Version : Lump Removal

doxrox
07-11-2006, 03:12 PM
I took Charlie in for his senior wellness check up last week (he's a rescue boy, I have no idea how old he is, maybe 10, maybe 12) and all was well according to his blood work and urinalysis. And he still acts like a pup, playing and running around. But the vet found a lump under the skin on his neck and he is scheduled to have it removed on the 18th. So I'm a nervous wreck! I can't believe I didn't find the lump, it was under his collar, but even now that I know where it is I have a hard time finding it. So please send positive doxie vibes that all will be well with my Charlie boy. I'm really paranoid about a malignancy. I'm a cancer survivor as are my sister and father. Both my grandmothers and step-grandfather had it and did not survive. If Charlie has it that will be the last straw I swear!!! And this poor little guy has had trench mouth, back surgery, hernia surgery and a horrible toxic reaction to a medication that temporarily caused paralyisis. But he is my smartest, happiest sweetpea. Thanks all for letting me babble! I've attached some photos of Charlie.

http://i23.ebayimg.com/05/i/07/7f/75/04_1_sbl.JPG

http://i8.ebayimg.com/02/i/07/97/d2/48_1_sbl.JPG

http://i24.ebayimg.com/03/i/07/ag/aa/da_1_sbl.JPG

http://i1.ebayimg.com/03/i/06/d5/e8/e7_2.JPG

Otto'sMom
07-11-2006, 03:18 PM
He is adorable and I hope the lump is nothing but misplaced fat. Otto had a carbunkle on his wrist last year so I feel your worry. BIG SUPER :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: that your pup is going to be OK. What a cutie pie he is!

Jen
07-11-2006, 03:29 PM
Sending lots of :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for Charlie and :hug99: for you. I think Becca's senior girl Heidi had a lump that turned out to be fatty, hopefully this will be the case in Charlie's situation too. Please do keep us updated and try not to worry too much--easier said than done I know!

Mama S.
07-11-2006, 03:36 PM
Been through the lump thing with Stinker also.. it was nothing! Sending massive :bigrayz: that all is well!!!
SAndi

Lee Anne
07-11-2006, 03:49 PM
Awwww! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE his sweet face! :pray: for your Charlie that it's just fatty lumps and nothing more!

quavec
07-11-2006, 04:38 PM
:pray: and :bigrayz: for sweet Charlie. And to you mom, come here as often as needed to vent and worry all you need :hug99: we'll help you get through this tough time.

Alex's Mom
07-11-2006, 04:53 PM
:bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz: for Charlie and it just being a fatty lump. If it's any consolation, Alex is COVERED in lumps, one on her tummy kinda makes her look like the Hindenburg it's so big! And she's a cancer survivor (coming up to 4 years). So :crossfin: that it's OK. But a :bighug: to you, cuz believe me, I know how worrying it can be! (by the way, :hearts: his gorgeous old face, esp under that hat! :rotfl:)

Patt
07-11-2006, 05:20 PM
What a little doll Charlie is. :love5: :muchlove: :heart: Thanks for sharing his cute pics.

Sending :pray:ers and :bigrayz: :bigrayz: that is just a Lipoma. :crossfin: It is common in older dogs. Did your vet needle aspirate the lump? That would have given you a partial answer.

http://vetmedicine.about.com/cs/dogdiseasesl/a/lipomas_p.htm

I've had lots of experience with cancer too, for myself and my :angel7: Gretel! The Veterinary Medical field has made lots of progress in treating dogs with cancer, there is always hope! :hug99: :hug99:

areese
07-11-2006, 06:41 PM
Oh he's a cutie patootie!!!!!!!!!!
I'm betting on it being a fatty lump. My older dog got lots of them. :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for that cutest boy ever and for you too. Keep us posted!

oceangirls
07-11-2006, 07:38 PM
Oh, he is the most adorable little guy! I've had three dogs (2 cockers and a dachsie) with lumps of various types... none were malignant. the odds are it is fine, but better safe than sorry. We'll be sending rayz! :rayz::hearts::rayz::hearts::rayz:

thank you for sharing some pictures of him :)

silverdapplebnt
07-11-2006, 07:45 PM
Hoping it turns out to be nothing more than a fatty deposit. He is so very cute. What a life he has had. Hoping all goes well with him and his vet check.

Tex
07-11-2006, 07:50 PM
Sending :bigrayz: and :hug99: for you both!!! Charlie is just adorable!!!! I simply :love5: the pic of him under the hat!!!! Thanks for sharing the photos and we'll definitly keep you both in our :pray: s!

Lisa
07-11-2006, 07:51 PM
Charlie is just gorgeous!! Lots of rayz for his lump removal! :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz:

Please keep us updated. Here is a :bighug: to you too!!

catstamm
07-11-2006, 08:15 PM
:hug99: Charlie is an absolute doll....:bigrayz: :hug99: :pray: That is turns out to be nothing...

lotsadox
07-11-2006, 10:20 PM
Charlie is adorable! I've had several that have had fatty tumors. Sometimes they had to remove them and sometimes they left them. Hopefully that's all Charlie's is and he'll have no trouble with it. Sending :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: