PDA

View Full Version : Snooter's Trip Home

Goob
07-11-2006, 09:17 PM
Well, by the time the trip home rolled around she was a seasoned traveler. She also had totally figured out how to get out of her carrier. :shocked:

On the trip from Harrisburg to O'Hare we were seated directly NEXT to the OTHER dog on the plane (only two are allowed). This dog was a long haired chihuahua. I was freaking out thinking she would bark at this dog and the owner was insistant to introduce them. Snooter just looked at the dog like, "what the hell are you? A gremlin?" :rotfl: The whole flight the guy talked about how he and Gidget (the dog) were Kennedy's. RIIIIIIIGH! That was why he was flying coach, right?

The second leg, Snooter managed to get out of the pet carrier and run down the isle. :mad4: So, I had to hold her in her carrier on my lap the whole way to keep her inside, though I let her little head peak out and check out the action.

All and all, I couldn't be more proud of my girl. She was so well behaved, and easy going on our travels!

K2
07-11-2006, 09:19 PM
Good girl Snooter!!! :cheer2: :banana: I can just picture her running down the aisle!!!:rotfl: :rotfl: Good thing that Kennedy Gremlin was there! :confused:

Lisa
07-11-2006, 09:24 PM
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: I can just picture it! You probably going, run Bella run! Five minute mile! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Patt
07-11-2006, 09:31 PM
What a stinker. Did she chew a hole in the carrier? Now you know what to expect on future flights. :rotfl:

Lee Anne
07-11-2006, 09:34 PM
:hula1: GO Bella GO!! :hula1: Aaaaaaack! I HATE talking to strangers on planes.

Goob
07-11-2006, 09:35 PM
What a stinker. Did she chew a hole in the carrier? Now you know what to expect on future flights. :rotfl:

No, since this was my first trip, I bought a "cute" carrier, not thinking TOO much about posibilities and situations that might occur, like if the opening is velcro, she could open it!!! DUH!!!!! :duh:

For future reference for anyone traveling with an animal, velcro = mistake. ALL zippers is the way to go. The velcro was only one one side on the very top but she managed to zone in on it and work it open everytime.

Linus
07-11-2006, 09:52 PM
Oh Snoot...you just wanted drink service faster, right?

Was she happy to see the Prof.?

Fluffy
07-12-2006, 10:26 AM
She was just looking for her "pool" to dunk her feet in!! I can just see her little bootie waddle as she ran down :rotfl: Buddy Boo miss her already! Give her a smoochie from him!!!!! :hearts:

Jen
07-12-2006, 10:32 AM
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: I can just see her doing "I'm free" zoomies up the aisle. And yes, velcro on a carrier? :shocked:

How did YOU do on the flights home?

JanUet
07-12-2006, 10:34 AM
:omg: :rotfl:
Run Snooter Run!

I do hope that nobody gave you a hard time or the dreaded stare as she ran down the aisle.

Snooter is so much smaller in person than in her pics. She was the smallest pupper at the hotel. She is a little cutie tho :kisses:

Tex
07-12-2006, 10:52 AM
Why does it not surprise me that Snooter outsmarted Goob on the carrier thing.......:rotfl: . Glad ya'll got home safe and sound.

LUVMYGUNNER
07-12-2006, 11:48 AM
Kmart has some realy good bags by Samsonite, it has 2 different locks, Gunner has had his since he was a puppy and I got Petunia's when we picked her up in Phoenix.

jenfer
07-12-2006, 02:03 PM
What was everyone's reaction seeing a doxie running down the isle? heehee...

Next year, you should try taking the Prof to the picnic then. :)

Mama S.
07-12-2006, 07:50 PM
Oh Snoot - where is your Mama's camera when we need it? That is :rotfl: hope the stews were busy handing out whatever it is that they hand out!!
Mama

Bella's Mom
07-12-2006, 09:37 PM
Way to go Snooter! I knew you would do great!! :cheer2:

oceangirls
07-12-2006, 09:57 PM
Awww, little Snooter! I knew she was a smart girl! :D

Zippers... Angel can unzip zippers. :scratch: Maybe a lock like Irma suggested.

Goob
07-12-2006, 10:00 PM
Hell, Snooter could probably crack the code on a pad lock!

The Prof and she were happy to see each other, but not THAT happy. I think the Prof enjoyed his time being top dog with Dad.

Laurie' s Dachshunds
07-14-2006, 10:56 AM
Maybe you could get one that has a leash attachment in it. I' ve seen 'em in PetSmart.