PDA

View Full Version : Teeth question

Frzframe
07-11-2006, 11:53 PM
Ruby had a dental when she was spayed which was in Jan or Feb (can't remember without looking it up) but her breath already is stinky big time. Could taking prednisone make her teeth go bad? She has was on it for 60 days the last time her back went out. It just seems way to soon for her to have garbage breath again. :sosad:

Patt
07-12-2006, 12:08 AM
This happened to our :angel7: Dodger. The problem was a mouth fissure. Perhaps it may be a fissure or gastritis or an abscessed tooth. Maybe a possiblity of kidney or liver problems but this is doubtful. I don't think the Pred is the problem but I would check with your vet. Poor Ruby she has been through so much. :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz:

catstamm
07-12-2006, 01:09 AM
Patt is there anything you don't know????? You are the best...Ditto what Patt says

Tex
07-12-2006, 07:27 AM
Patt is there anything you don't know????? You are the best...Ditto what Patt says

:ditto: :ditto: :ditto:

Jen
07-12-2006, 09:23 AM
ITA with Patt. Poor Ruby, sending more :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz:

quavec
07-12-2006, 09:40 AM
Poor Ruby. ITA with Patt, however, in my experience with human kids, I've found that some meds do cause bad breath - especially the asthma meds like orapred (steriod). So, it could be possible it's from that. Maybe the vet can tell you?

Lisa
07-12-2006, 10:18 AM
Patt is there anything you don't know????? You are the best The answer to that is YES when it comes to taking and posting pictures, but I have come to the conclusion it is NO concerning canine care. Patt is AMAZING, and we would be so lost without her phenomenal advice. And yes, I totally agree, she is the BEST.