View Full Version : For Sale: One Bailey with Issues (Long, but mildly amusing)

Linus
07-12-2006, 02:05 PM
Seriously...I'm getting pretty tired of doxie tummy issues.

It started in Ohio when, due to the stress of planes, car rides, hotels, and other dogs, he had the runs. Normal. I gave him Immodium per my old vets instructions and he was better. (John may tell you otherwise due to odors emitted in the car :vomit:)

During our wait at Midway airport, he managed to lay on his back in his carrier and shivered - Bailey's universal sign for "I need to poop - NOW - and its not going to be pretty." So we go through security, outside to a patch of mulch. I ask someone if he could potty there if I promised to pick it up and was given a resounding NO. Great. So we go back inside, I buy a newspaper and spread it out in a bathroom stall hoping he would remember the paper training he had as a puppy. We spend 15 minutes in a stall with me saying, "Go potty" and him standing there just looking at me. I don't EVEN want to know what the other people were thinking. No luck there. So I put him back in his carrier with threats of death if he had explosive diarrhea on the plane and we fly home.

Fast forward to Tuesday morning. He goes for the first time since Indiana. Its normal in size and texture and he had been eating and drinking normally. Praise dog!! :hula1:

Tuesday afternoon I go to Wal-Mart and leave the dogs alone with the run of the place. Normal. What I forgot - Jenny is a jumper and there was 3/4 of a bag of training treats on the coffee table. :doh: I get home and there is Bailey, his nose in an almost empty bag, a VERY full tummy, and a VERY satisfied with himself look on his face. Great.

Wednesday morning. Nothing. Ok, maybe this won't be so bad after all.

Wednesday lunch. Large but normal on the way, diarrhea when I get back. Lovely. AS I'M EATING, he leaks diarrhea ON MY BED. :vomit: Clean that up, find appetite, and continue lunch. Finish lunch, go to get drink. Bailey runs ahead of me and has more diarrhea right in the middle of my brand new rug. Mind you, there are potty pads covering the entire floor for Jenny, and he goes on the rug. :duh: Clean that up in bathtub and almost lose my own lunch, but manage to hold it together. Go back to living room to find pile I missed. :faint:

So now, Bailey is gated in the linoleum floored kitchen looking very forlorn because I'm tired of scrubbing. He has pooped in there once and thrown up some empty tummy bile. Ugh.

I told him that I didn't feel badly for him in the least. He chose to eat the treats. He could have been normal for the first time in almost a week, but he chose to over eat, so I don't feel bad for him. For my carpets, yes, not for him.

So really, if you want him, take him. I'm done cleaning.

Ok, not really, I love the little guy, but ugh...my carpets and MY BED! :sosad:

Rae
07-12-2006, 02:09 PM
poor baby. As much as it sucks to be you cleaning it up can you imagine how much his little tum tum hurts? And I bet he is like Duchie- when she has the screaming meemies, especially in the house, she gets embarassed.

Awwww Linus I am sorry - and I particularly admire you for the part about "find appetite, continue eating".. now THAT is a strong woman!

Otto'sMom
07-12-2006, 02:09 PM
:hug99: To you, I feel your pain. I clean the rugs and Grrrrrt, who's just come in from being outside for 15 minutes with me pees AND poops on the carpet. I'm just lucky it was logtastic. But dang it :mad: we were JUST OUTSIDE!!!!

Do you have a bissell spotlifter? That little thing is a lifesaver for me.

Lisa
07-12-2006, 02:12 PM
Oh do I feel for you!! Did I tell you about the time Pixel had it and pooped on the air vent - when we had no a/c?!? Poop on the vent, poop through the vent, poop down the duct...not pretty!

Lots of carpet rayz :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: and I hope Bailey's tummy feels better too!! :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz:

jenfer
07-12-2006, 02:32 PM
Sounds familiar. Sorry, Lin. WE have similar situation before. NOT FUN!

Linus
07-12-2006, 02:35 PM
Rae - after a week of this, its not anything unusual. Yes, its still gross, but I'm used to it. I know his tummy hurts and I felt bad for him until he ate the bag of treats - asshat. He is embarrassed too, he's sitting in the kennel that I keep in the kitchen not making a sound. He hasn't done anything in awhile, so I think its about time for some "mommy lovins" to make him feel better.

Andrea - yup, have a spotlifter, and I used it and Nature's Miracle on my bed. I just wish he would have used one of the 50 pee pads that I have out rather than the new rug.

Lisa - EWWW!! At that point I would have called the professionals or moved! *shivers*

laura
07-12-2006, 02:36 PM
I am so glad that my husband does that clean up. He is too grossed out by my retching and gagging when I am down there, that he just does it.

oceangirls
07-12-2006, 02:37 PM
I told him that I didn't feel badly for him in the least. He chose to eat the treats. He could have been normal for the first time in almost a week, but he chose to over eat, so I don't feel bad for him.

And did he listen solemnly and say, "You're right Mom... I've learned my lesson, and it will never happen again?" :evilgrin:

carpet and bed cleaning rayz for you :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: and okay, a few for him :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz:

Pokeys Mom
07-12-2006, 02:42 PM
:bigrayz: :hug99: :bigrayz: :hug99:

I know how frustrating, tiring and upsetting it can be for all involved. We have two puppers that had tummy woes at the same time. Plus we're on rental carpet now instead of hardwood floors. :duh: Hopefully with time things will calm down in your house.

:bigrayz: :hug99: :bigrayz: :hug99:

Jen
07-12-2006, 02:47 PM
Awww, :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for poor greedy Bailey and :hug99: for you.

Fortunately we've NEVER had an indoor problem with this. Tummy of steel most of the time.

Lee Anne
07-12-2006, 02:59 PM
I am so glad that my husband does that clean up. He is too grossed out by my retching and gagging when I am down there, that he just does it.

Laura, it's not very often that I :rotfl: at a post. Smile or snicker... even a chuckle.. But the mental image of you down on your knees, wretching and gagging as you clean up foul stuff... So funny! Thanks for the much needed laugh.

Lins... I'm SOO very sorry about the tummy trouble and the end result (pun intended.) I hope things get better for Bailey very soon! :hug99:

Mama S.
07-12-2006, 08:09 PM
Hmmm
1) Call airlines - see how soon Nana can rescue the baby
2) grab checkbook see how much bond money we can give Linus to spring the baby
3) laugh like he** then send lots of love and hugs to poor Linus - been there done that many a time. I love it best when they hunch right on the end of the pee pad and squirt alllllll over the carpet. Uggghhh!!

Mama

Alex's Mom
07-12-2006, 08:17 PM
OMG, Linsey, I burst out laughing reading this...been there done that! (Imagine 9 months of tummy issues while living with my 84 year old father, who is NOT a dog person!) Sorry...shouldn't laugh, but really, I was laughing with you, not at you :rotfl: In fact, Miss Alex decided this morning that she wasn't really thrilled with the idea of mom heading off to work (sadly, the "you're a jeezly expensive dog, and mom needs to go make some moneys or we're going to end up livingin the car" speech seems to fall on deaf ears), and I stepped out of the shower right into a puddle of pee. :mad: And yet, we love them (do we need our heads read?? :duh:)

Anatresia
07-12-2006, 08:19 PM
But look at his wittle face!!!! How could you be so mean, Mommy?! It's just rugs!:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I've had dachsie diarrhea in my BED, so I get it. :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for his tummy troubles.

We have dachsie tummies of steel, here, too. Except when they get wet food. Wet food goes right through and it's bad.

Da Brat
07-12-2006, 08:42 PM
Oooohhh I sooo feel ya honey! When Trixie had the runs for 4 days straight my poor (light-colored) carpet took a nasty beating!! Thank God for OxyClean Carpet cleaner and Nature's Miracle!! Oh and the fact that Billy thought it was throw up because it was soooo liquidy... Yeah.. it was as revolting as it sounds!! :duh:

Patt
07-12-2006, 08:55 PM
Sending lots of get well quick :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: to Bailey. I hope the little guy is feeling better tonight.

Bella's Mom
07-12-2006, 10:10 PM
Yikers!! I so feel for you!! :hug99:

Tex
07-13-2006, 08:05 AM
Oh, so sorry to hear that you're having tummy issues. I hope he's feeling better now, and sending big :bigrayz: for Bailey, you, and your carpet/bed!!!

Rae
07-13-2006, 09:12 AM
Rae - after a week of this, its not anything unusual. Yes, its still gross, but I'm used to it. I know his tummy hurts and I felt bad for him until he ate the bag of treats - asshat. He is embarrassed too, he's sitting in the kennel that I keep in the kitchen not making a sound. He hasn't done anything in awhile, so I think its about time for some "mommy lovins" to make him feel better.

It is really hard to resist giving them the Mommy Lovins.... when Duchie ate all those Little Debbie Oatmeal Cream pies it was hard not to be mad... but she is just so damn adorable... and it happened while I was gone, so I guess I have to share the blame. Amazing how high up we have to put stuff so that a dog whose legs are only three inches long can't get to it. How the h*** does that work?? Duchie doesn't even jump.

Yep, the whole bag of treats was a definite asshat move to make, and boy did he pay for it!

Firm poop :bigrayz: for Bailey and Iron Tummy Cleanup Anti-Retching :bigrayz: for you!

Goob
07-16-2006, 06:18 PM
Hellity Hell Hell!!!