View Full Version : Drooless Soon to be Toothless

Lee Anne
07-13-2006, 12:47 PM
Well, Miss Slobber Monster was dropped off at the vet this am to get her signature baby canine pulled. It figures that she didn't have ONE drop of drool to spare last night and seemed totally FINE! :mad4:

Oh well. I REFUSED to call the vet and cancel again. That will show HER! :cheer2:

She did lose her ever lovin' mind when I refused to feed her this morning! I thought she was gonna implode!! :bounce7: :bounce7: She became REALLY frantic when she figured out that she wasn't eating would jump up in the air doing 180's, look at me, cry, 180 jump again. Poor baby had to go through it again when everybody got their morning treat from daddy. :sosad: I need to crate her next time... I'm :duh: .

Anyway, she's getting blood work, teeth cleaning, and a tooth pulled. She should be good as new tonight. We'll give her lots of :hug99: and maybe a spoonful or two of non fat yogurt. She'll think she died and went to doggie heaven. :angel7:

Patt
07-13-2006, 12:53 PM
The Slobber Girl will be fine, better to have it done now than later. Don't forget the nails. :)
Sending quick healing :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: and lots of :hug99: :hug99: :hug99: for Mom.

Otto'sMom
07-13-2006, 12:59 PM
I know what you mean on the "What do you mean you're NOT giving me breakfast????" act. Yesterday Otto woke me up before the alarm clock, and it wasn't because he wanted to pee. I took them out and put Otto in the truck while everybody else got their food, and drove him off to the vet's.

Good luck with the extraction and hopefully it stops the leaky faucet.:bigrayz:

laura
07-13-2006, 02:28 PM
when Herman had to have his teeth/tumor stuff last week I knew he would lose his mind, so I acted like we were going for a ride. I put him in the car, went back and fed everyone else, drove him around the block a few times then left him in the car in the driveway until time to go to the vet. (which was not long)

catstamm
07-13-2006, 02:31 PM
Your such a meanie...making her watch everyone eat.....I hope she bites your butt tonight..... Rowdie girl will be fine....did you tell them you want to keep the tooth?????

Lee Anne
07-13-2006, 05:00 PM
Well Laura, you're a lot smarter than me (Cat already knew that!) and next time I will follow your lead. I've been better in the past and quite frankly, I don't know what I was thinking. I'll plead "brain dead" 'cause it was 4:30 in the am and I hadn't had my coffee yet.

The vet called to say that the Silly Non-Droolie Princess is ready to come home and that everything looked good and went well. :woohoo:

Jen
07-13-2006, 06:19 PM
:appl: :appl: :appl: So glad she's drool free!!

When Tasha had her dental DH and I didn't eat breakfast either, just to break the pattern. We had ours after we dropped her off...

Patt
07-13-2006, 07:29 PM
when Herman had to have his teeth/tumor stuff last week I knew he would lose his mind, so I acted like we were going for a ride. I put him in the car, went back and fed everyone else, drove him around the block a few times then left him in the car in the driveway until time to go to the vet. (which was not long)Good thinking! I had DH take whoever was going to the vet for a walk so everyone else could eat. :rotfl:

oceangirls
07-13-2006, 08:03 PM
Hugs to your Slobber Monster :hug99: Angel was spayed 2 weeks after Cassie (she had an elevated liver enzyme that resolved). We just got them both up and took them both in that morning, then brought Cass home and fed her. Easier than trying to explain to a dog why her sis gets fed and she doesn't. :D

Tex
07-13-2006, 09:08 PM
Hope that Slobber Monster is home and doing well. Give us an update when you can....sending big :hug99: and :bigrayz: for a speedy recovery (that would be for her gettting pissed at you more than for the tooth extraction!)

Mama S.
07-13-2006, 09:18 PM
Glad that she is ok and hoping that she will forgive you not giving her breakfast! I can only imagine the L@@KS you got!!!!
Mama

Goob
07-13-2006, 11:37 PM
Poor Rowdie Girl, no breakfast for such a princess?! Such an adorable girl she is, how could you resist that face?! Glad to hear all is well.

Bella's Mom
07-14-2006, 02:21 PM
She will just need to have some extra lovin' when she gets home! :hearts: