PDA

View Full Version : Italian Fest or Wiener Dog fest?

Anatresia
07-14-2006, 02:35 PM
I went to the Italian Fest last night (and again for lunch- mmmmmm.... biggest pizza ever, stuffed hot peppers, fried ravioli...)

There was a black and tan longhaired mini with his owners and a group of DACHSHUND owners gathered around them!!! It was too funny- we all walked over to see the mini and then we're all like, "I have a dachshund too!"

The one lady was like, "I had no idea dachsies were this popular!" I told them about the picnic and mentioned the site, but it was like 10 at night, so I doubt anyone will remember.:sosad: But it was still fun to meet them.

And, yes, out of that crew, mine were the biggest again (we discussed poundage of dogs)! I have Amazon dachsies.

Sophie and Lili's Mom
07-14-2006, 03:43 PM
I take my rescue business cards and put info like this on the back. I figure it gets free advertising for the rescue too.

oceangirls
07-14-2006, 05:37 PM
I don't know what an Italian Fest is but it sounds wonderful (especially when you started talking about the FOOD).

Your cuties are not Amazons :lol:... but it does seem like the tweenie size is awfully common based on what I saw at the picnic.

Alex's Mom
07-14-2006, 06:19 PM
That's TOO :rotfl:!! There seem to be very few "real" standard dachsies in these parts...alex at 24 pounds also seems to be an Amazon doggie! (of course, that may be her slightly butch attitude too :rolleyes:) I had her up at our fundraising yard sale, next to the 4 minis/tweenies, and had more than one person ask if she was a dachsie too!! :scratch: ("I'm educating them...I'm educating them...I'm educating them" all the while wanting to smack them silly!!! :rotfl:)

Lee Anne
07-14-2006, 06:22 PM
Haha Paula! You sound like Cat! Educating them while wanting to slap them silly!!

Alex's Mom
07-14-2006, 06:24 PM
Yup, except that I'm the GOOD twin!! :tempted:

Anatresia
07-14-2006, 07:01 PM
Mine are 15 and 19 pounds. Technically, Rigby is a large "tweenie" or a very small standard.

There seem to be a lot of minis and even more small "tweenies"!

Patt
07-14-2006, 07:09 PM
OMG that Italian Fest sounds perfect. I've never heard of fried ravioli but would love to try it. I would say your babies are small standards not amazon's. :rotfl: I don't see many of that size.

oceangirls
07-14-2006, 07:22 PM
Oh, Patt - you should have seen some of the big ones at the picnic! :shocked:

no, I am NOT counting the "Dachsador" (or the Weimaraner, for that matter :D )