PDA

View Full Version : Sneeze, sneeze, sneeze!

JuneyTrixie
12-17-2005, 12:44 AM
Why do pups sneeze when they are laying on their backs??:dunno: Especially when you are playing right over them!! :faint:

Fluffy
12-17-2005, 01:17 AM
:lol: Faye!! I don't know but Heidi did that to me earlier today!! She got this look on her face like she does when she wants kisses, and when I leaned in, WHAMO right in the face, she actually wacked me in the eye w/ her nose!!!

Patt
12-17-2005, 02:39 AM
I don't know for sure but maybe being on their back makes their nose tickle.

Pokeys Mom
12-17-2005, 03:07 AM
With Pokey, we can just tell there is mucus tickling his nose if his snout is lifted up high for a long period of time. I feel bad for the little guy!

He really does get a stuffy snout with "chuncky" nasal sounds quite often. The vet put him on a low dose of Benydryl years ago. It helps a little, but sometimes he needs something more. If he is truly stuffy we "steam our hot dog." The easiest way is to bring him in the washroom while I'm taking a shower. The harder way (vet recommended) was to fill the sink with hot water, put our doxie on the counter, and drape a towel tent over thier head.

I really wonder if there is a market for safe doggie decongestants.

Lisa
12-17-2005, 08:38 AM
Well Renee makes perfect sense, I always just thought my house was so dusty that the dust tickled their nose...but I like Renee's MUCH better. I have been sneezed on so many times, every morning, Pogo jumps on the couch and flips so Mommy can tell him he is the best boy in the universe and give him a belly rub and wham! I get a second shower.

Goob
12-17-2005, 09:34 AM
Why do pups sneeze when they are laying on their backs??:dunno: Especially when you are playing right over them!! :faint:

I don't know but the Prof sneezes like crazy when on his back but Snooter.. has... never sneezed? I can't recall her ever sneezing on her back. Hmmm. Somtimes I swear they can't be related. :scratch:

oceangirls
12-17-2005, 09:45 AM
Tristan always sneezed excessively when on his back. Cassie does somewhat, Angel rarely. And my house IS dusty. I am kind of figuring now it is best to leave the dust where it is and not disturb it :D

Cassie sneezes at you when she wants attention or wants to play, too. My friend's Shih Tzu also did that.

Goob
12-17-2005, 09:48 AM
And my house IS dusty. I am kind of figuring now it is best to leave the dust where it is and not disturb it :D

That's really the best policy. I live by it! :scratch:

lotsadox
12-17-2005, 12:26 PM
ITA. The only reason my house gets dusted is that I have a cleaning service that comes every other week. I used to be better at it when my allergies were worse. The dust aggravated them so I tried to keep it down, but since I'm going the the holistic Dr. and my allergies aren't so bad I don't bother dusting too often. Just another advantage of going to a holist practitioner. I don't have to dust! :rotfl:

Pokeys Mom
12-17-2005, 01:21 PM
Just another advantage of going to a holist practitioner. I don't have to dust! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: I'm the worst at dusting. Man, I used to be a clean freak (think Monica from "Friends") until I moved out of my college apartment shared by equally clean minded roomates. Ever since I moved in with Dh, my housekeeping has relaxed to more realistic standards. Poor Dh thinks it's his fault. :lol:

Jen
12-17-2005, 01:26 PM
Wow, I guess other than when rolling Tasha is not on her back much...I've never had her sneeze that way.

However, she has managed to sneeze in my face many times. Those long doxie noses really pack a lot of distance into those sneezes!

Goob
12-17-2005, 05:50 PM
Poor Dh thinks it's his fault. :lol:

So does mine!!! :rotfl: I think that realistically, dust protects table tops and wood finish. It's a good thing.