PDA

View Full Version : Water Fun

areese
07-17-2006, 11:47 AM
It was so hot yesterday I didn't go to the agility trial in Windsor, Ontario yesterday with my friend. Instead she brought 4 of her dogs over to go swimming in our pond. Two adult tervurans, one puppy terv, and one young laekenois. The puppy just jumped right in and swam and swam. Laika and Owen were there with their life jackets on but the big dogs were too scary for Owen so he had to go back in the house. Laika was so funny-she ws just paddling all around and she'd swim up to Pat, who was treading water-the pond is DEEP-and just float there licking and licking her face. What a goof. She did her "dock dog" demonstration for Pat also. Versace (puppy) was so cute chasing dragonflies. No pictures, though, cuz I was in the water :sosad:
One funny thing-Owen got ALL the toys out of the toy chest while he was in the house. He never gets toys out!

Frzframe
07-17-2006, 01:04 PM
That sounds so adorable of Laika. To bad there isn't video proof though :) but I guess your off the hook since you were swimming to keep cool too. Poor Owen was so bored he decided to play all by himself or maybe he was just getting back at you for having the big doggies over and made a mess that you'd have to clean up. :D

Jen
07-17-2006, 01:06 PM
Poor Owen must have felt left out and decided to entertain himself. Tasha would have wanted away from all those big dogs too. Sounds like a nice time in the pond for the rest of you!!

lizzieb38
07-17-2006, 01:11 PM
Glad you all could cool off. We have rain in our forecast today-30% chance so it won't happen. I have a mist setting on my hose sprayer, and the boys hung out in it yesterday.

Patt
07-18-2006, 02:35 AM
What a neat way to cool off. :banana:

Tex
07-18-2006, 07:41 AM
My two love big dogs.....heck, they think they ARE big dogs. Sounds like ya'll had a great time.