PDA

View Full Version : THUD! "Mommy, mommy, mommy!!!"

Anatresia
07-17-2006, 01:34 PM
Early Sunday morning, I woke up to the sound of a HUGE thud. It sounded like an asteroid hit my house. Okay, not really. But it did sound like something really heavy fell.

I did a quick scan for puppers and only found one in the covers, and it hit me- one of them fell out of bed.

So I'm flipping out, crawling to the edge of the bed and there's Mr. Butters, sitting like a perfect Sphinx, staring at me. I get up to check him out, hysterical, and he stands up in his "put me on the bed" position, like nothing out of the ordinary just happened.

I put him back in bed, near the pillows, and he went back to sleep, no big deal. It was too funny- if you could have seen the look of "WTF?" on his face, and his calm manner, waiting to be placed back into bed, you would all be :rotfl: .

I should note that it's my fault- I didn't have the covers on, so the dogs were forced to sleep at <gasp> our feet instead of by our heads, because god help them if they don't have a blanket to burrow in.

lizzieb38
07-17-2006, 01:39 PM
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: I can visualize it already. Know what you mean about the blankies. We're just down to the sheets here.

Lisa
07-17-2006, 01:41 PM
Tracy I am laughing hysterically at your story, but I would be freaking out too if it were me!! I can just picture poor Mr. B!

Glad he's okay. :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

blueyezz74
07-17-2006, 01:42 PM
OMG. I knocked Harley out of bed last summer when I was napping. He had the identical experession. I swear Harley & Butters are siblings now!

Rae
07-17-2006, 01:58 PM
you put that poor darling in the bed (or anywhere) with no covers to burrow in? Methinks that to a doxie that is tantamount to abuse. Duchie got booted out once and had the exact expression you are describing.

Jen
07-17-2006, 01:59 PM
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: Poor Mr. B. I can just picture it!

lotsadox
07-17-2006, 02:02 PM
I've had that happen a couple of times. Just a few days ago Miller fell out of bed. :rotfl: That was a first for him!

Lee Anne
07-17-2006, 02:13 PM
OH! The same EXACT thing happend to Rowdie on Saturday night around 2:00am. The first time any of the dogs have ever fallen out. My fault too 'cause I let her sleep on the wrong side of me (usually I'm ALWAYS between them and the edge). I felt/heard her fall and went to the edge groping for her in the dark calling her. She came out from under the bed - shaking! :sosad: I scooped her up and cuddled her back to sleep. I'm SO glad Mr. Butters is okay!! Poor little ones. They're going to have to start their own support group after this abuse!!

Romandachs
07-17-2006, 02:15 PM
This is what happend to Missy Ann. I was on the computer and she was in bed with Daddy. One of the FEW times she hasn't been UNDER the blankets and she was on the edge of the bed. Daddy rolled over and tented the blankets and she rolled off the bed. She did excatly the SAME thing. Got up, looked at me, shook it off and I put her back in bed. HOWEVER, 4 days later, she refused to do any steps, yipped at the couch for my son to pick her up and put her up there with him, a few hours later, got a bit drunk in her rear, we started low dose steroids (she was pregnant at the time) and she continued to get worse, we gave high dose steroids and by Monday morning she was duck walking, and couldn't lift her weight up in the rear, we made an appointment with the Neurologist and she had surgery Monday afternoon and was completely down after her sugery. She made a GREAT comeback and now you would never know she had been down 6 years ago and she does all of the stuff she did prior to the injury. So not to scare you to death, but keep an eye on that boy. Sometimes when they blow a disc, it takes several days for the swelling to occur and put pressure on the spine. I thought it was funny too, when it happened and she appeared to be okay. Several days later, it was no longer funny!

Lee Anne
07-17-2006, 02:17 PM
HOLY CRAP!!!!! I'm so glad she's okay! Dang....

Alex's Mom
07-17-2006, 02:33 PM
Yup, happened to Alex too! We were staying at a friend's house and were sleeping in a single bed...since she manages to take up most of a queen, this was a bit of a challenge (and no, it wasn't Alex who had the 1/4 inch on the edge! :rolleyes:) During the night that same THUD happened...and there she was standing firmly on the floor with that exact same expression on her face..."how on earth did I end up down here???" And she didn't move until I picked her up and put her back on the bed, at which point she lay down and went back to sleep. Unlike her mom. Who was awake the rest of the night pondering the unfairness of sleeping arrangements. Until dawn, at which point Alex decided it was time for breakfast. Cesar, where are you?? :rotfl:

laura
07-17-2006, 03:11 PM
I hate when that happens...used to happen to poor old Harold all the time! I was always convinced it had killed him, but he would stay down a few secs with a shocked look on his face while I am panicked out of my mind, then he would stand up and I would put him back in the bed, praying that he wasn't paralyzed, he would fall back asleep almost immediately, I wouldn't sleep for hours and when I did I had those anxiety dreams. Then Harold would wake again in the morning like nothing had happened , good to go. I would wake up with dark circles under my eyes and struggle for the rest of the day.

areese
07-17-2006, 03:50 PM
Laika has fallen out a few times..and everything was ok. Owen got "flipped" last night! He sleeps in a fleece bag I made him..just a little lump in the bag at the foot of the bed. Rob was asleep when I went to bed and I must have disturbed him some getting in bed cuz he kinda violently rolled over and yanked the covers which made Owen's bag flip right over. Rob wakes up and says did I FLIP him? YUP! Owey wasn't disturbed much really.

jenfer
07-17-2006, 03:59 PM
I am everything is ok. Miss Gigi sleeps in her royal palace at nite (aka: her crate)... though we do take naps together from time to time... so far she stayed on the couch. ;)

Frzframe
07-17-2006, 04:29 PM
Dudley has been known to take a tumble off the bed once or twice. I kind of think one time was my fault cause I yanked the blankets and sent him flying (not really since the matress is on the floor). He was so :( and didn't have anything to do with me. Which was okay since that meant he wasn't laying on top of my legs all night. :)

laura
07-17-2006, 05:57 PM
Herman could not fall out of the bed if he tried...he cannot roll all the way over...he is solid as a rock and I would fall out before he ever did!

Otto'sMom
07-17-2006, 06:24 PM
I can't recall any tumbling out of bed incidents, but Dolly has more than once slid off the sofa due to the weight of her head. She hangs her head over the edge and the rest of her body slowly slips over and she wakes up before she hits the floor.
I've dropped Grrrt on more than one occasion *where's the guilty smilie?* Fortunately, she's got that uniboob thing up in the front that acts like an airbag and she just walks it off.

Da Brat
07-17-2006, 10:15 PM
I can't recall any tumbling out of bed incidents, but Dolly has more than once slid off the sofa due to the weight of her head. She hangs her head over the edge and the rest of her body slowly slips over and she wakes up before she hits the floor.
I've dropped Grrrt on more than one occasion *where's the guilty smilie?* Fortunately, she's got that uniboob thing up in the front that acts like an airbag and she just walks it off.

Poor Grrrt!! No wonder she's so crotchety!! You keep droppin' her on her head!!

J/k!! :hearts: :hearts:

Tex
07-17-2006, 10:33 PM

Julie likes to sleep like that on the couch too. She hasn't fallen off....yet. Glad to hear that all pups envolved in any falling/jumping/flipping out of bed incidents are ok now.

Laurie' s Dachshunds
07-17-2006, 11:20 PM
None of mine sleep on the big bed. But Shadow sleeps on the sofa with me all the time. He burrows in the blankie & I was watching a movie when Shadow slid onto the floor, same duh-expression like what just happened?

Patt
07-18-2006, 02:14 AM
Aww poor Mr. Butters. I hope he has his blankie tonight. :)

Mama S.
07-19-2006, 09:51 AM
Fortunately, she's got that uniboob thing up in the front that acts like an airbag and she just walks it off.
:spit: :rotfl: uniboob:scratch: :rotfl: Thank you for the fabulous laugh this morning!
Mama

Bella's Mom
07-20-2006, 01:28 PM
Poor Butters! It is funny but I felt guilty laughing. I'm glad he was fine!