PDA

View Full Version : Sod "Pooch Potty"

Pokeys Mom
12-17-2005, 02:58 AM
For the doxie who has everything:

I have seen a few posts about people trying patches of sod for housebreaking solutions, but today I actually got a brochure from a company in Los Angeles that provides such a service.

This is when I know I'm am not too far away from Beverly Hills, because it looks quite it bit more pricey than pee pads with a holder! ;) Sod "Pooch Potty" (http://poochpotty.squarespace.com/how-it-works/)

At least they offer discounts to those who adopt elderly or disabled dogs!

Tanya
12-17-2005, 03:12 AM
Love this from their site :rotfl: :

Helpful hint: Many customers who are too busy to clean their Pooch Potty boxes will ask their housekeepers or dog walkers to do it for them.

I never would have thought of that if they hadn't listed it! :scratch:

Goob
12-17-2005, 09:42 AM
Love this from their site :rotfl: :

I never would have thought of that if they hadn't listed it! :scratch:

My housekeeper won't clean up after my two....."she" makes DH do it. :rotfl:

lotsadox
12-17-2005, 12:31 PM
I saw that. Renee you're right you aren't too far from Beverly Hills! Did you notice the price? $175 for small sod and you're supposed to replace it weekly! :holyshp:

Linus
12-17-2005, 03:47 PM
Yeah, handling potty filled sod once a week is NOT high on my To Do List! For those that live in snowy areas though, I can see where it could possibly be useful!

oceangirls
12-17-2005, 04:18 PM
seems like you could make yourself one at home for less $ :D Amazing what some people will spend!

Of course, what am I saying - puppy pads cost a fortune and that is what the girls use. :rolleyes: People in glass houses...

isobelsmom
12-17-2005, 05:21 PM
Well, first it starts with a company to come pooper scoop your backyard...guess she saw a great market in a step-up in pooper scooping and came up with this. I think it's a great idea for that un-used balcony and replaces walkies...except with the housekeeper or walker.. Duh, I miss THAT one completely!

Ssshhhh, don't tell anyone...I emailed her and asked her when she is coming to Ohio cuz I want to work for her (NOT scooping) as I bet you can make some serious money doing this. What the hey! I need something to do with my life instead of writing that training book Kim suggested! :boogie: :boogie:

Jen
12-17-2005, 06:19 PM
I have thought about growing a box full of some kind of grass or plant after hearing about grass "litter box" type dog potties last year. In a snow storm it might be a lifesafer!

Pokeys Mom
12-17-2005, 07:01 PM
I saw that. Renee you're right you aren't too far from Beverly Hills! Did you notice the price? $175 for small sod and you're supposed to replace it weekly! :holyshp: The prices are astounding for my budget. The weekly sod replacement costs between $23-$65 per week, depending on size and service. It's a neat idea, just a lot of work and too much $$ for this household. :shocked:

Patt
12-17-2005, 10:36 PM
Interesting money making idea, wish I had thought of that. :rotfl: