View Full Version : lost maddie in the big bed

mayhew
07-18-2006, 02:58 AM
Me and Maddie was staying at the now x girlfriends house not too long ago,take in mind she didnt like or show alot of affection towards animals anyway.maddie was as usual in the big bed and we all dozed off.I awoke abit later to her whining but couldnt find her anywhere.I looked under the bed ,all in the bed, i called her and all i heard was a grunt. After a few minutes i found her wedged between the mattress and the footboard,the poor little girl couldnt move.i quickly removed the weiner from her hiding place and she acted like she hadnt seen me in days lol.that was the last time she adventured to the far edge of the bed :hug99:

Patt
07-18-2006, 03:18 AM
Awww how scary for Maddie. More :hug99: :hug99: for Daddy's Girl.

Tex
07-18-2006, 07:37 AM
So I guess it's ok that we don't have a footboard? Can I use this story as ammo against buying any more bedroom furniture? Glad she's ok!

Fluffy
07-18-2006, 07:40 AM
Awwwwwww!! Poor Maddie!! Heidi did that a couple of times when I was w/ my ex...His bed had the biggest footboard ever...and lemme just say that a 17lb dachsie does not fit between the mattress and the footboard easily...AT ALL!! Parts of her were hanging out the bars!! :rotfl: I felt bad but I do have to admit, it was a funny sight!!

Jacqueline
07-19-2006, 12:51 AM
I have an old waterfall style bedroom set with a high headboard and footboard on the bed, and the puppers are not allowed to get up on that bed. That being said, of course they have made the leap up there,......and promptly found themselves back on the floor, via Mom airlift. Now you have given me another reason that they aren't allowed there, besides it being so high they just should never be there, period.

Happily, that bed is seldom used unless company stays over, and the girls spend most nights in the crate, unless they cuddle up with me.

Rae
07-19-2006, 08:26 AM
OMG poor Maddie girl!!

Seems we're having all kinds of bed troubles on here lately- did you see the thread Tracy posted about THUD Mommy Mommy where Butters fell out?

I bet she had the funniest look on her face! Glad Hero Daddy was there to rescue her from the evil bed squish!

Rafi
07-19-2006, 09:20 AM
Poor Maddie :hug99: at least at the end it had a happy ending and I'm sure she appreciated being rescued from the mean bed by Daddy.

Great adventure story thanks for sharing.

Mama S.
07-19-2006, 09:45 AM
Poor Miss M! I have learned to keep my mattress pushed up against the footboard just beacuse of that. Makes the bed look weird but oh well! Am sooo glad Daddy rescued her!!!
Sandi

Jen
07-19-2006, 10:57 AM
Poor Maddie!! Glad you rescued her. Does she stay further up on the bed after that adventure?

Bella's Mom
07-20-2006, 01:29 PM
I wonder who was more freaked out you or Maddie!? Glad she was okay. Gotta love a daddy's girl!! :hearts: