View Full Version : I guess its time...

Fluffy
07-18-2006, 08:03 AM
...to wash the bed. Buddy had been so depressed about his little girlfriend being gone that he has been laying in his bed, a miserable mess, just sniffing and sniffing Snooter's scent. I'm sure the scent is long gone by now, but I wanted him to be able to smell her as long as possible, since he has been so sad. Both of the beds were nasty dirty (they ARE dogs!) and badly in need of washing. I wasn't even sure if I COULD was them, as they are so delicate with the satin and the bows (same bed as Duchie has). Well, I took a chance on Heidi's and its beautiful again!! (Note to Rae...wash in gentle cycle and dry outside for 24 hours...you mihgt have to "reshape" all the fluff but it goes back to normal eventually!) *SIDE NOTE this advice was given by Goob...seems she CAN do laundry...just no cooking for her :rotfl:* Well, ever since the bed was ready for use, Buddy has been GLUED to it!! I guess he's over his depression fit and ready to have his bed washed too. THANK GOODNESS because its gross! I don't know how or why they like to lay/sleep/smell stinky stuff but good gravy! You KNOW its getting bad when the kids won't even go near it! When Heidi came out to get into her bed and buddy was there, seh just looked at the other bed, looked at me and layed down on her care bear blankie with this look like "Um HELL NO on her face!" :rotfl: :rotfl:

Tex
07-18-2006, 08:06 AM
Oh poor thing.....mine don't actually have their own beds (they use the queen side on in the bed room or the couch), but that does remind me.....I need to wash the small bed and blankie in Jax's crate.....

Rae
07-18-2006, 09:01 AM
thanks for the tip. we're getting close to needing a washing and I DO NOT want anything to happen to HRH's Throne... Did you use regular detergent or woolite?

catstamm
07-18-2006, 09:22 AM
Mine have beds in the kitchen, diningroom, living room, my bedroom, and they sleep in my bed!!!!:scratch: Glad the bed washed up fine....fluffy needs to have fluffy beds!!!!

Fluffy
07-18-2006, 09:59 AM
thanks for the tip. we're getting close to needing a washing and I DO NOT want anything to happen to HRH's Throne... Did you use regular detergent or woolite?

I just used my regular detergant and fabric softener!

Jen
07-18-2006, 12:06 PM
Tasha only has her cot bed and the blankies on that get washed once a week.

Glad Buddy is getting over his depression. :)

Laurie' s Dachshunds
07-18-2006, 01:42 PM
Thanks for reminding me...I gotta do the washing!