PDA

View Full Version : Covering poopies with snow?

Anatresia
12-17-2005, 11:27 AM
Mr. B went out in the middle of the night last night and went poopies in three piles. He then took his nose and pushed snow over each pile in turn. What is that about? Paul thinks it must have smelled so foul, he just had to cover it up!

:rotfl:

Lisa
12-17-2005, 11:43 AM
It is so adorable, Pogo does it too! I think it would be the equivalent of throwing/kicking sand over it. Who knows, maybe dogs don't like to see it anymore than human do....or they want to keep it for later and don't want their hoomans to see it??? :scratch:

Jen
12-17-2005, 11:45 AM
Too funny! I think Tasha knows we're gonna pick hers up, she never tries it.

lotsadox
12-17-2005, 12:06 PM
I've had dogs do that in the past. :dunno: I have no idea why. When Bandit was old and not feeling well, she used to try to do that with her food. :shocked: I guess it didn't smell good or something. :conf4:

Courtney
12-17-2005, 01:43 PM
Po does that sometimes. It drives me crazy because his nose gets dirty!

twodogslong
12-17-2005, 03:18 PM
This is a survival tactic. They are covering up their scent from other predators. ( a through back form their wolf evolution I imagine. )

Linus
12-17-2005, 03:26 PM
Bailey walks about a foot in front of his then stops and kicks dirt or leaves over it. Its a good try, but it never covers up the poopies....:rotfl:

Goob
12-17-2005, 03:46 PM
This is a survival tactic. They are covering up their scent from other predators. ( a through back form their wolf evolution I imagine. )

Interesting.... I bet that's exactly why they do that.

oceangirls
12-17-2005, 03:55 PM
we have no snow, and we poop (well, THEY do) on puppy pads. However if I don't see it to clean up right away, Cassie will go in there and poke the dropping (whoever's) with her paw and look at me until I pick it up :rolleyes:. Tristan never did that. Freakin' picky GIRL dogs!!:confused: :D

Patt
12-18-2005, 01:43 AM
I agree with Patti, survival tactic but usually a habit of cats more than dogs. Better to cover then.........