View Full Version : 1 partially open gate + 1 missing dog =

Frzframe
07-21-2006, 11:16 AM
A frantic me!! I didn't' notice that the gate was open just enough that someone could get though it if they tried when I let everyone out. When all but one came inside and that's when I noticed the gate. :faint: I ran and got my shoes on and went out the gate calling for Mitzi. "Mitzi let's eat" works every time I want her to come right away. But not this time. More panic then I decided I better double check the back yard really good before I set off looking for her. Sure enough she was in the yard the whole time. She was back behind the garage. So the moral of this story is make sure your dog is really missing before you run all over the neighborhood in your nightie (tee and shorts) without even brushing your hair because your dog might not be missing. :rolleyes:

Anatresia
07-21-2006, 11:28 AM
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I've done that kind of thing before. I tend to get panicky when I can't find them in the house. Where the heck would they go??? They're obviously just ignoring me- a not uncommon thing- but I still panic.

I really DID have an escape the one night when Paul (or the evil tenants next door) left the gate open and I had to fetch them. They came right back like, "What's up, Mommy?" They know they have it good- why would they ever leave us?

Otto'sMom
07-21-2006, 11:29 AM
I hear ya on that! Austin wanted to walk out to the front of the house to look for a dog we saw LAST NIGHT. I figure, it's 6 am, who'll be out and about to comment on me and my jammies? Just the construction workers :faint:
(don't worry folks, Austin only walked about 20 feet so he could see that the dog wasn't there anymore)

jenfer
07-21-2006, 11:37 AM
Hey at least you figured out where she is before you run all over the place in shorts. haha.

I am glad everything is fine. :)

Tex
07-21-2006, 11:39 AM
Glad you didn't really have an escape artist on your hands. Alls well the ends well........

Patt
07-21-2006, 11:58 AM
Definitely panic time, I'm glad she was in the yard. :)

quavec
07-21-2006, 12:14 PM
PHewwww.....Little bugger was just trying to get your blood pumping. ;)

catstamm
07-21-2006, 12:43 PM
OMG there isn't a worse feeling is the world.....is there? :shocked:

Jen
07-21-2006, 12:45 PM
Yep, sending your blood pressure sky high and she's hanging in the back yard.

One of the perks of being an apt dweller is Tasha is harnessed any time we leave the apt for no escapes. Course we have to carry her up and down the 3 flights of stairs 3 times day and have no yard....

lizzieb38
07-21-2006, 12:48 PM
Glad she wasn't gone. I ran around here the other day like a wild woman, and the little stinker was under the bed, then gave me this look like"What the heck is your problem!!!!"