PDA

View Full Version : Bailey's Tummy Issues - update

Linus
07-23-2006, 12:24 PM
Well, things have gotten worse.

I was computer-less for a week so I'll back up a little.

We were in Houston (AGAIN :faint:) last weekend and he decided he no longer wanted to eat his Nature's Variety Raw Kibble. He flat out refused it several times. Sooooo....I switched him to Wellness Simple Solutions. He loved it, gobbled it down. No tummy troubles after switching foods (we are still mixing the two because I have A LOT of the NV.)

We got home on Monday and suddenly, he doesn't want to eat at all again. Neither does Jenny, btw. :mad4: They pick at their food through Wednesday breakfast. I mixed some pumpkin in his food and put her back on i/d (she had been eating it at Rena's). They ate like champs for two days.

Friday morning Bailey had diarrhea ALL OVER the house again. I'm getting really, really, really tired of scrubbing carpets. :sosad: Well, the last batch was about half blood, so off to the vet we go.

The vet said he had a digestive tract infection. Yeah, that's about as much fun as it sounds. He got a shot and is on two different pills, an anti-diarrheal, and an antibiotic for 10 days. We go back to the vet on Monday so we can rule out anything more serious.

So a few rays would be appreciated by Bailey's tummy and mom's carpet!

Yolanda
07-23-2006, 12:35 PM
Lots of :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for a speedy recovery.

Lisa
07-23-2006, 12:43 PM
We have really missed you Lins...and I am sorry your first post back is poor Bailey's tummy!

Lots of rayz to him :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: and of course for your carpet :bigrayz: :bigrayz: And for you here is a :bighug:

samandissy
07-23-2006, 01:20 PM
:bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for Bailey, :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for you and :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for your carpet.

laura
07-23-2006, 01:40 PM
Make sure and give him Probiotics! They will straighten out his system...especially AFTER the antibiotics! And Wobezyn Enzymes will hlm process his food. Find both at www.naturalpet.com

Frzframe
07-23-2006, 01:46 PM
Poor baby. Hope he feels better soon. :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz:

Patt
07-23-2006, 02:14 PM
Get well tummy :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for Bailey & Jenny. :pray:

HotDogMama
07-23-2006, 03:28 PM
:bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: rays all around, and a :bighug: for da cleanin lady!!!!

Linus
07-23-2006, 05:40 PM
Thanks everyone!

What I forgot to add was that he weighed 13 pounds just 2 days before Ohio, and Friday at the vet weighed 12 pounds.

He lost a POUND in 2 weeks!!! :faint:

The vet said that he looks great, is at a great weight, but I'd like him back at 13 pounds just to be safe. He looked so healthy at the picnic, and now you can just barely see his spine. :sosad:

Tex
07-23-2006, 05:49 PM
Sending big :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for Bailey, Jenny, and the carpet. And a big :hug99: for you Lins!

Jill
07-23-2006, 07:58 PM
:bigrayz: :bigrayz: For Mr. B and Mom!

Kerie
07-23-2006, 10:15 PM
Oh no! :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz:

I just went through tummy issues and stained carpet also. We were able to clear up both, so don't worry.

Jen
07-24-2006, 12:40 PM
Yuk!! Sending a :bighug: for you and :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for Bailey's tummy. Hopefully the meds will clear it up soon!

catstamm
07-24-2006, 12:44 PM
So sorry....lots of Tummy, :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for Bailey!!!!

lotsadox
07-24-2006, 01:44 PM
:sorry: Lins. Scooter has been having tummy issues this weekend and is now on rice and chicken broth with a little yogurt mixed in. Sending :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for Bailey!

jenfer
07-24-2006, 05:42 PM
Sending Baily and your carpet lots of :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: