PDA

View Full Version : Big News for The Flying Sausage!

Tanya
07-24-2006, 12:11 PM
This past weekend Peaches and I had a girls weekend! We traveled to Madison, WI so Peaches could compete in her very first Flyball Tournament on Saturday and Sunday!!!! :banana: I was SO nervous because I didn’t know what to expect. We haven’t even been to a tournament just to watch. Peaches wasn’t supposed to compete until this Fall. However, there was a vacant spot on the team, so they stuck her in. Well, the big news is that…

PEACHES GOT HER FIRST FLYBALL TITLE!!!!

The title is FD (Flyball Dog.) I am beyond ecstatic! :woohoo: She even accomplished that on the first day of the tournament. Flyball tournaments are insane. The thing I was most worried about was that the environment would be overwhelming for her. There are over a hundred dogs there…most of them are barking…plus they are pumped up. I wasn’t sure what Peaches would think of all that. However, she did awesome! I couldn’t have asked for more from her. Plus on both days our team took 1st place in our division! :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Peaches didn’t race in the afternoon on Sunday…she was exhausted! She was sleeping in between races. Plus, she hit her back legs on a jump in the warm-up run, and no one wanted her to get hurt. I think she was too tired by that point to even jump over with those little legs…poor Miss Thing it was all a lot to take in. We’ll work on her endurance, but I was just so pleased she didn’t miss any jumps or drop the ball, etc. :appl: She spent the afternoon prancing around in her pink All Star Princess shirt! :cutiepie2

The other thing that was so great about the weekend was that Peaches was the only doxie there since very few doxies do Flyball. So, lots of people were coming up to me saying how cute she is and how they can’t believe how fast she is! I was just bursting with pride. :love11: Although I may have to change her name to The Screaming Sausage! When she is in the line-up to run, she screams! OMG, it is so loud! People watching the race were looking our way like “Are you hurting her?” :shocked:

There was absolutely no way for me to get pics or video of her competing because John didn’t come and everyone on my team was busy while we were racing. :sosad: If I find a pic of her posted by anyone else, I’ll share with you. However, here are a few pics from the weekend:

The brag board! Can you find her brag?
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y219/pipsqueak21/Flyball_Madison1.jpg

The Flying/Screaming Sausage and I by the Brag Board!
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y219/pipsqueak21/Flyball_Madison2.jpg

The LOOK of leave me alone, I’m trying to rest!
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y219/pipsqueak21/Flyball_Madison3.jpg

Completely exhausted by the end of the first day!
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y219/pipsqueak21/Flyball_Madison4.jpg

Jill
07-24-2006, 12:19 PM
AWESOME!!!! Yay Peaches! :cheer2:

Linus
07-24-2006, 12:24 PM
:cheer2: Way to go, Miss Thing!!!! :cheer2:

Lisa
07-24-2006, 12:28 PM
I am so excited for you Tanya! OMG, Peaches has come a LOOOOONG way thanks to your love and care.

I always knew she was the Flying Sausage, but to get her first title her FIRST tournament is just so incredible.

:congrats: :congrats: :congrats: to BOTH of you. :appl: :appl: :appl:

Jen
07-24-2006, 12:58 PM
:woohoo: Peaches and Tanya! :urock: A title on the first try! How amazing is that. I know you've put in a lot of hard work to get where you are and now its time for the payoff!

Anatresia
07-24-2006, 01:06 PM
WOW!!! Congratulations, Peaches!!! That's great news!

laura
07-24-2006, 01:13 PM
Go Peaches! Wew hoo!

Frzframe
07-24-2006, 01:29 PM
That is so cool!!! :woohoo: Way to go Peaches. :woohoo: We can say we knew her when... :)

HotDogMama
07-24-2006, 01:42 PM
Way to go Peaches!!!!!! :congrats: to you both!!! :cheer2: :cheer2:

Sophie and Lili's Mom
07-24-2006, 02:40 PM
YAAY! Congratulations. That first title is so exciting (and so are the rest of them)!!

JanUet
07-24-2006, 02:46 PM
:wow: That is just Wonderful Tanya!!!!!!!

:way2go: Peaches!

Gosh! I could just cry with excitement! :woohoo:

Her first tourney and she helps the team WIN! :D :D

She IS an AMAZING Flying, Screaming Sausage! :hearts: :muchlove:

lizzieb38
07-24-2006, 03:42 PM
:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: Way to go peaches!!! Congrats on yu new title!!!!

jenfer
07-24-2006, 04:02 PM
:banana20: :banana20: :congrats: :party5:
Good job, Tanya and Peaches.

areese
07-24-2006, 04:26 PM
That is SO SO SO SO COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:cheer2: :banana: :cheer2: :banana: :cheer2: :banana: :cheer2: :banana: :cheer2: :banana:

Pokeys Mom
07-24-2006, 04:46 PM
Amazing work Peaches & Tanya!!!

:wow3: :urock: :wow3: :perfect10 :wow3: :cool: :wow3:

Patt
07-24-2006, 05:05 PM
:way2go: Peaches :congrats: :perfect10 :appl:

Best news ever and it brought tears of joy to my eyes. :banana20:

Good job Tanya! :appl:

Tanya
07-24-2006, 08:58 PM
Thanks so much for the Congrats everyone! I forgot to mention that she got to celebrate by having rib meat! John cooked ribs for her, but she didn't get it on the bone! :banana: :banana: :banana:

Tex
07-24-2006, 09:08 PM
This is SO AWESOME!!!!
:way2go: Peaches!!!!
:cheer2: :banana: :cheer2: :banana: :perfect10 :congrats:
Great work Tanya!!!!!