PDA

View Full Version : RAW diet help

Mama S.
07-24-2006, 04:21 PM
Since it's gotten soooo freakin hot here (105+) the herd is basically doing ZERO in the exercise dept. It doesn't even cool off enough until wayy after dark to attempt to walk them.
I have been feeding RAW - everyone was doing great losing weight - bouncing and happy. Now I've noticed that everyone is getting chubby and Oscar is plain fat. I've cut their raw back to about half of what I was giving them but they are all miserable.
Can I add green beans to them also maybe some in the morning and more at dinner time to try and help them out? We only feed once a day with a treat in the morning for the empty belly bafies we were getting.
Sandi

Jen
07-24-2006, 04:27 PM
I'd say sure to green beans, 100% pure pumpkin, broccoli....fill up those bellies with low-cal foods. Yup, its hard to have an active pup (in a fur coat) when its 105 out!

Michelle
07-24-2006, 05:28 PM
Mama, I think some veggie fillers like green beans and carrots and pumpkin would be a great idea!!!!,

lotsadox
07-24-2006, 05:54 PM
Sure, go ahead and give them the veggies. I did that to get Bogart's weight down and it worked great! :banana:

samandissy
07-24-2006, 07:01 PM
It is 113 degrees here and typing fast as blackouts are coming again. I give mine green beans and carrots and brocoli and they love it. Issy and I am barely conscious and Sam wants to play through the heat. He is a goofball.