PDA

View Full Version : Tentative Improvement

Otto'sMom
07-25-2006, 11:26 AM
I'm a little hesitant to say this, but after giving Austin his first dose of Prednisone last night, I'm seeing a marked improvement this morning. His attitude is more monkey-chewbacca-like and there are more springs to his step than before. I'm cautiously optomistic, just shocked to see such an improvement so fast.
I won't let him overdo anything and I'll keep him on just as strict rules as the past week, I'm just a little suspicious of the improvement. Too good to be true.

samandissy
07-25-2006, 11:28 AM
Many :pray: :pray: :pray: and :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for continued improvement. Bless his heart and you, too.:hug99:

Tex
07-25-2006, 11:38 AM
Many :pray: :pray: :pray: and :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for continued improvement. Bless his heart and you, too.:hug99:
I couldn't have said it better myself! Glad to hear that Austin is happier this morning.........

quavec
07-25-2006, 11:41 AM
That is great news, Andrea. :bigrayz: :bigrayz:

:hug99:

Lisa
07-25-2006, 11:44 AM
Monkey-chewbacca attitude sounds GREAT! Lots more :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: to Austin and you too! :hug99: :hug99: :hug99: :hug99:

Patt
07-25-2006, 11:56 AM
I'm happy to hear he's feeling a bit better! :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: Pred is the reason for him feeling good, it calms the swelling etc. I take it daily. A couple of the side effects is, panting, eating more and drinking lots of water. The downside is, he will urinate often!! Sending lots of healing :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for Austin. ITA don't let him over do. Be sure to keep us updated.

Otto'sMom
07-25-2006, 12:13 PM
He hasn't seemed thirstier yet. I filled his bowl in his kennel and he took a couple of laps, but was more interested in coming out. He FREAKED me out~he desperately wants to roll over on his back to itch whatever itchies he's got going on and this morning he made a move to do it:shocked: but realized he wasn't quite good enough to do that just yet. As far as the food thing, he's always been a remorseless eating machine so there's no marked change there. I do give him one of his gotcha day treats daily, the other dogs don't get to share the canolis.:sosad: I figured that there had to be a benefit to being in that danged kennel, and that would be it.

areese
07-25-2006, 12:39 PM
:bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: that this improvement will continue! Yay Austin!!

Frzframe
07-25-2006, 12:58 PM
:cheer2: Glad you can see some improvement. I noticed Ruby's improvement the next day when she had her first back episode and she couldn't flip her toes back to the correct position when she went into the vet that 1st morning. :)